Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

the hype is up...many people are interested in this game, and lots of new articles...perfect time for the release

Aww, I can't wait to play some forest action. inlove.gif

One thing what I don't like is this :

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/1156442354463.jpg

This is the view we are going to see the most. The shading in the weapon is nice, it really looks like a 3D object, something you can grab.

The arm instead looks like a dead flat object. I dunno how to explain it but It looks like both objects (weapon and arm) don't belong together. There's no depth in that arm, colours are too bright I dunno.

I feel just the same way. The soldier models look so good and detailed from a 3rd person view but in the 1st person view shots its just not the same. The uniform on the arm looks quite dull.

The way the camera system works in OFP is that the camera is literally placed inside the head of the soldier model. So you are getting the exact same texture quality in both 1st and 3rd person. I doubt this has changed at all in ArmA. While I agree it isn't as gorgeous as the weapon, I would much rather have a solid FPS rate than ultra-high-zomg textures on a fricken soldier's arm.

Get me?

- dRb

One thing what I don't like is this :

http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/medium/1156442354463.jpg

This is the view we are going to see the most. The shading in the weapon is nice, it really looks like a 3D object, something you can grab.

The arm instead looks like a dead flat object. I dunno how to explain it but It looks like both objects (weapon and arm) don't belong together. There's no depth in that arm, colours are too bright I dunno.

I feel just the same way. The soldier models look so good and detailed from a 3rd person view but in the 1st person view shots its just not the same. The uniform on the arm looks quite dull.

i have to agree.. but somehow i think it will be different. wink_o.gif

edit: Hope those forests don't cause Lag! thumbs-up.gif

I hope the javelin works like IRL if they're gonna have it in the game, javelins do NOT fly a straight path to it's target...

The way the camera system works in OFP is that the camera is literally placed inside the head of the soldier model. So you are getting the exact same texture quality in both 1st and 3rd person. I doubt this has changed at all in ArmA. While I agree it isn't as gorgeous as the weapon, I would much rather have a solid FPS rate than ultra-high-zomg textures on a fricken soldier's arm.

Get me?

- dRb

This is in fact wrong, while the entire body (minus the head) is seen in first person, it has it's own LOD, so the 1st person view CAN be more detailed than 3rd person. You can also get rid of any unneeded polys from objects that you wouldn't see from first person.

I hope the javelin works like IRL if they're gona have it in the game, javelins do NOT fly a straight path to it's target...

yes, they do.... they have dual attack models: direct fire and top down... direct fire means they go in a straight line (or straightish) to the target, top down is... well, you guessed it.

Well, the direct fire mode is most likely an unguided mode, and in that mode it's as useful as the at4, I meant that the guided mode has to be simulated or else the weapon serve no purpose in the game...

Get me?

- dRb

This is in fact wrong, while the entire body (minus the head) is seen in first person, it has it's own LOD, so the 1st person view CAN be more detailed than 3rd person. You can also get rid of any unneeded polys from objects that you wouldn't see from first person.

I was referring to OFP and the default models. In those cases the texture resolution was the same no matter what camera angle you were in. I already know it is level-of-detail based but I just meant that it is completely different than other games where the 1st person model and 3rd person model are COMPLETELY different renders. Also, yes, less polys are being rendered which means less lag.

Who knows, maybe they may implement the LODs correct this time and we may indeed get a higher resolution first person texture. However, if it comes at the cost of performance, no thank you.

- dRb

I say again; Game 2, anyone? inlove.gif

not now , not ever smile_o.gif.

its all good money for finishing this baby smile_o.gif

the real sequal to ofp

Higher poly count, same smoke effect, action menu etc. =) Lets just wait untill Game2 has been properly gone into development.

Quote[/b] ]the hype is up...many people are interested in this game, and lots of new articles...perfect time for the release
Yep, lets release an half-unfinished game without a proper publisher yay.gif .

Well, the direct fire mode is most likely an unguided mode, and in that mode it's as useful as the at4, I meant that the guided mode has to be simulated or else the weapon serve no purpose in the game...

true, although a nearly true javelin can be simulated, and has been in ofp, so i dont see any problem with it being done in arma

if it blows up targets, whether guided or unguided, then surely it does serve a purpose in game wink_o.gif

arma can afford modelised sand bags i think, someone will have to mod this.

I hope the Javelin works with the top down: video. It is very cool: first the high air pressure throws the rocket out of the tube and then the rocket flies away into the air inlove.gif

here the straight one

arma can afford modelised sand bags i think, someone will have to mod this.

I personally don't like these sand bags..

They look like they were painted in a wall..

1156442366717.jpg

Is that the best they can do?

maybe time to look whats going on around instead of refering to a 5 years old game.

indeed arma looks better than pong but we are in 2006.

Power and power transmission seem to have a lace in ArmA. I hope it can be used (or modded) to be tactically useful.

I wonder if there`s a sound and maybe a whole effect of soil and sand raining down after such explosion. It`s a hude ammount of soil kicked into the air, would be cool if the guy in the littlebird heard some little rocks that were thrown into he air with the explosion bouncing off the helo`s cabin.

Did anyone mention yet, that you will be able to save the game in multiplayer?

I just read it here.

its important that AI's wount be able to see trought grass/trees/bush like humans.

The screenshots shows grass only near by the player but not in far distance. Will the grass be a real cover for detecting by the enemies or only an optical effect?
This is also work in progress. Atm the AI will see you and you cant hide in grass. <span style='color:Green'>But if Armed Assault is finished the grass be a good cover.</span> But if you lay in grass don’t think that’s easy the shoot the enemy at the distance from this point.

info source

1156442379976.jpg

This promises.. wink_o.gif

edit: If AI's can see you hiden in the grass as if it weren't there, it will be better just to switch it off. Would probably help the frame rate as well.

Quote[/b] ]Will the civilian population have their own life and will the animals only be supernumeraries or will they be able to threaten the life of the player and the AI?

Markus Kurzawa: Maybe the dogs will bark and run away...

Source

Dogs? If he is being serious that is cool.