Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

lol I was watching History Channel's Modern Marvels: Deadliest Weapons and they showed a clip showing a russian Mi-17 flying over a desert city. I said, "damn that looks exactly like this pic."

Heh I wonder if anyone else caught that.

Also are these screens new?

pic 1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

Edit*

Quote[/b] ]POSTED BELOW:

edit: those pics where posted a couple of pages back smile_o.gif but still all E3 demo I guess

oh heh i didnt know...I thought i checked this forum every day? confused_o.gif

so is this one old too?

pic6

I'd Buy that shirt /\ any day biggrin_o.gif

ArmA / OFP / VBS gear would totally rock

With the FN100 competetion it showed a picture of trackIR where de person is wearing a cap, I hoped it was an ArmA cap but it said trackIR huh.gif Would be great if BIS would sell promotion stuff inlove.gif

edit: those pics where posted a couple of pages back smile_o.gif but still all E3 demo I guess

lol I was watching History Channel's Modern Marvels: Deadliest Weapons and they showed a clip showing a russian Mi-17 flying over a desert city. I said, "damn that looks exactly like this pic."

Heh I wonder if anyone else caught that.

Also are these screens new?

pic 1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

Edit* oh heh i didnt know...I thought i checked this forum every day? confused_o.gif

so is this one old too?

pic6

yes old.. like 2 or 3 months old..

Hehe, well...

They were posted the 20th or 21st this month.

I would be guessing that almost every image or so released is a month or two old by the time we actually see it,the strange thing is that some of the older 'modern' screenshots don't match up to the E3 press build,why do you suppose that is?

I would be guessing that almost every image or so released is a month or two old by the time we actually see it,the strange thing is that some of the older 'modern' screenshots don't match up to the E3 press build,why do you suppose that is?

Could it be detail settings based on the capabilities of the comp it was played on?  huh.gif

If so, isn't that a great thing (if you can force detail levels on every computer in MP)?

Well, on second thought, there would need to be a filter for computer capability allowing logon. Something like, you start ArmA, it runs a series of tests and asseses a performance value. The server (mission?) has a minimum necessary performance value based on its testing at the assigned detail settings, and is posted on the list, to play in an acceptable fashion. Too much work maybe?

Anyone notice at :27 seconds you can see through the small gaps in the wood of the house into the inside of it.

Anyone notice at :27 seconds you can see through the small gaps in the wood of the house into the inside of it.

Yes, more detailed structures.

Could it be detail settings based on the capabilities of the comp it was played on? huh.gif

If so, isn't that a great thing (if you can force detail levels on every computer in MP)?

Well, on second thought, there would need to be a filter for computer capability allowing logon. Something like, you start ArmA, it runs a series of tests and asseses a performance value. The server (mission?) has a minimum necessary performance value based on its testing at the assigned detail settings, and is posted on the list, to play in an acceptable fashion. Too much work maybe?

This would be more than possible in Vista. Vista has all that information catelogued so it can present the highest possible user experience based on the capabilities of the machine it's being run on... also, it gives MS new opportunities to quantify and qualify the information that they mine from your machine... sort of like a rapist with a pre-written set of criteria so he can easily compare certain qualities of the people he rapes.

Could it be detail settings based on the capabilities of the comp it was played on? huh.gif

This would be more than possible in Vista. Vista has all that information catelogued so it can present the highest possible user experience based on the capabilities of the machine it's being run on... also, it gives MS new opportunities to quantify and qualify the information that they mine from your machine... sort of like a rapist with a pre-written set of criteria so he can easily compare certain qualities of the people he rapes.

Disturbing metaphor huh.gif

It could simply read the settings you have the game on (eg. Unit detail: medium etc) rather than running tests for every bit of your computer which takes time and other difficulties arise when doing this.

3lh10001013hs2.jpg

Green fields and Pine/Spruce trees like on Nogova/Everon! This must be in Northern Sarahni. That pleases me as it will be more similar to OFP and I don't like dry arid places! It's funny though how the south of the island will be sub tropical with Palm trees and desert areas and a few miles over the border will be like central Europe!   biggrin_o.gif

… Not a common occurrence, but great for game play variety I guess! Nice new screens though and the models are looking good!   wink_o.gif

wow, now the game looks much better than on e3, keep up theis good work bis!! notworthy.gif

It's better and better all the way we look at it; maybe I want ArmA really now, but waiting for him is nice if this way xmas_o.gif