Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Guest Ti0n3r

The best thing about the shadow bug is that I'll be fixed before the game goes gold...

Why are we scanning the screenshots to such a depth that I'm looking at a soldier's foot with grass?

The game is not done yet, infact, I believe I remember IDEA saying it's about 85% or so done.  We have all seen the transition of the early screenshots to the new.  I'm pretty sure you can expect a final touch in the 3 or more months Armed Assault is in development.

Quote[/b] ]Why are we scanning the screenshots to such a depth that I'm looking at a soldier's foot with grass?

i think they are debating alpha pics of armed assault and discussing what needs doing before release, i aint seen any demands here in these forums, just people noticing anomilies and generally passing comments and time whilst they wait.no crimes commited here, infact it passes my time on reading.

Quote[/b] ]Why are we scanning the screenshots to such a depth that I'm looking at a soldier's foot with grass?

i think they are debating alpha pics of armed assault and discussing what needs doing before release, i aint seen any demands here in these forums, just people noticing anomilies and generally passing comments and time whilst they wait.no crimes commited here, infact it passes my time on reading.

Thanks. That was exactly my intentions.

Hey guys!

I found some good stuff about the cemetry pic of 3dgamers!!!

Is it real?

cemetry0zj.th.jpg

I don´t know...

telejunky

Although you're completely right... Specop9's comment is very true too wink_o.gif . Unless it flashes like mad ingame I see it as a graphical imperfection, not a bug. bugs are those things that give errors, melt your hard drives, and bring blue screens of death...

talking about blue screens of death, I saw you can have custom loading screens. I foresee creative fun with that... tounge2.gif

now if most of characters gets slightly different animations (some variability value affecting it) and it will be perfect (so watching moving squad or multiple squads become natural) ....

(Yeah, of course i want every waving grass cast the correct shadow;)

I dont, it would kill all our PCs... :p

Yeah, i know, therefor the ;)

But it is fun to see how every ArmA pixel is scrutinized to death:):)

Those load screens are pretty cool... I noticed that too.

I'm also happy to see the G36 making a return. *woot woot* to the multiplayer people.

Those last screens blew me away, the grass is so much better, it blends really nice with the enviroment.

I really like the flames in this pic smile_o.gif. I never saw such good flames in OFP, are the effects reworked?

This game is gonna kick ass, graphically, in any case. I'm practically so pissed off it's not released, I'm gonna have to go to the gym and let out some anger. Crap.

I'm pretty sure it is an old one, since the town has so little detail in it.

Looks like it. Maybe check the date? Or could the detail change with distance (eg, 1 = 2 but further away?).

Why is there so much difference between those water screens?

I guess the first pic an old one?

Ha ha.  A poster answered his own question.  Well done.

It's fun to watch the graphical progression of a work-in-progress game isn't it?

If they have the time to reflect upon it, I'd like to hear what BIS thought of E3 (even though they didn't go themselves).  Did they accomplish anything or was the expo largely a waste of time?

about the water detail between the two pics i guess it could be that there are different time of day they where taken? or it could be different versions of the game? tounge2.gif

or what about maybe the wind is facing a different directions? Though i don't know if thats even possible in a game to put in? tounge2.gif

In that 16min e3 gameplay video they goto the Video options and I saw "Shader Detail" so I think it is in the game now.

Of course it is, how else would they be able to use normalmapping on all those surfaces like the soldiers clothes and ground etc, normalmaps are nothing but a couple of shaders....

I was talking about the 2 pics with the water, the older one doens't look like it had Pixel Shading on. Which is now obviously ingame.

about the water detail between the two pics i guess it could be that there are different time of day they where taken? or it could be different versions of the game? tounge2.gif

or what about maybe the wind is facing a different directions? Though i don't know if thats even possible in a game to put in? tounge2.gif

Unless it has a similar OFP:E like effect with the water..the shader isnt as visible in clear weather and it doesnt move as much,its almost like looking at a blue glass horizon. In normal weather its in between,a bit of movement,some waves and shaders,in rainy weather its got stronger waves and the pixel shader of the water is at its best.

In that 16min e3 gameplay video they goto the Video options and I saw "Shader Detail" so I think it is in the game now.

They (BIS) also state that the game has 3 months of development left.

I can't remember at what point this is mentioned, guess you'll have to listen to the whole thing wink_o.gif