Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I never noticed this before, but all of the soldiers are wearing holsters for the M9 pistols. They're empty, but I wonder if we'll actually see the pistols in the holsters if a person has one?

:[im]http://www.fcopz.net/ofp/fcopz/phpkit/bilder/arma/arma_preview82_small.jpg[/img]

enlarge

upside down t-72, t-72 and the brdm-2 appear to be crashing into each other aswell as both of them + bmp-2 ignoreing the m1 :hm

i thought they had fixed phisics.. ? confused_o.gif

well if that tank is not "bunny hopping" then we can peacefully assume that physics are corrected relatively... isnt it strange that while soldiers cant hop for a feet while tanks fly in to air whistle.gif but nothing can change the universal fact that OFP is the best! notworthy.gif

Remove image tags when quoting please.

Maybe it´s now bound to a hotkey, much likely being the same as before just that now you can go below normal speed...

can´t see the screenshot though.

http://www.fcopz.net/ofp/fcopz/phpkit/bilder/arma/arma_preview82.jpg

upside down t-72, t-72 and the brdm-2 appear to be crashing into each other aswell as both of them + bmp-2 ignoreing the m1 :hm

Anybody else noticed the crew standing to the left of the M1 ? Looks as if he´s lifting his arms into the air, like he´s going to surrender help.gif

edit: Closeup-

armasurr.jpg

My bet is that you just can't see the AK.  confused_o.gif

Edit: hope you're right, though.

:[im]http://www.fcopz.net/ofp/fcopz/phpkit/bilder/arma/arma_preview82_small.jpg[/im]

enlarge

It cracks me up how people try to judge the game by a single pic. You have no idea what is happening in this photo or what the circumstances are. Perhaps the t-72 is passing the brdm. Looks to me like the m1 is out of action (look at the barrel). Tanks and apc's get easily flipped in combat... I can find several vids of bradleys in iraq getting flipped and tossed by IED's. Relax people, let the game come out, then judge.

the m1 is kicking up dust from the ground so it defintly appears to be moving wink_o.gif

but as you said its a still picture so we dont know 100% but if its kept the bugs from the orignal its pretty likly thats what happed, at the end of day im buying the game anyway smile_o.gif

Pic

If you look at the front guy's foot you will notice that annoying grass glitch is back.

Pic

If you look at the front guy's foot you will notice that annoying grass glitch is back.

Yup, if you look at the left guy you'll notice it too.

On this screen you can see some weird shadow on the grass. It's darker in places where objects behind it are in shadow. Do you see it or I am just tired?

I don't understand...is there supposed to be a casting of a shadow from the grass to the boot? Is that the glitch?

I mean the shadow on the grass. Look at the shadow's direction. Shadow from the boot shouldn't cover the grass that is before the soldier. There's nothing to cast the shadow on to the grass so the grass shouldn't be covered by the shadow. I don't think i can put it down more clearly. huh.gif

I made a picture:arma_shadow.jpg

The left one is how it looks like the right one is edited.

I think that the soldier is hovering 1cm above the ground, and that the shadow is under his boot, instead of infront of it wink_o.gif

I know how to say it. The grass seems to be a transparent and it's darker when there is a shadow behind it while it should obscure the shadow completely.

I don't understand...is there supposed to be a casting of a shadow from the grass to the boot? Is that the glitch?

I mean the shadow on the grass. Look at the shadow's direction. Shadow from the boot shouldn't cover the grass that is before the soldier. There's nothing to cast the shadow on to the grass so the grass shouldn't be covered by the shadow. I don't think i can put it down more clearly. huh.gif

I made a picture:[im]http://lendrom.neostrada.pl/temp/arma_shadow.jpg[/im]

The left one is how it looks like the right one is edited.

This is a joke right? You cant be serious?  crazy_o.gif

I'm sure we are all just killing time until 'it' is released:)

(Yeah, of course i want every waving grass cast the correct shadow;)

I dont, it would kill all our PCs...  tounge2.gif

Seriously, the answers

*Alpha!*

*Its and Updated OFP, dont expect that!*

Will solve 99% of all the crap here, the only thing im hoping for right now is improved AI, but i dont expect it...

Oh well, people seem to forget what BIS already did, we asked for rivers, they gave us rivers, we asked for multiple gunner postions, they gave us multiple gunner positions, we asked for JIP, we got JIP, etc  biggrin_o.gif

This is a joke right? You cant be serious? crazy_o.gif

Only if this is joke too.

arma_transparent_grass.jpg

It's not about grass casting shadow. Its about not transparent grass that obscures the shadows that are behind it.

This "shadow bug" will obviously not be seen in combat :P Or that means you're dead.

This "shadow bug" will obviously not be seen in combat :P Or that means you're dead.

Agreed. I don't really see any reason to make any fuzz at all about this. If you really look at colour of the grass when playing the game, you should rethink your focusing. I'd rather have better AI than having perfect grass. It's like making a fuzz about how the soldier models ass looks like..."to tight butt..." whistle.gif