Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

I think that in itself would be pretty cool, but I it's probably a 'to be done' thing. smile_o.gif

Tnx, it's good to know how much my wallet will be lighter after purchasing it wink_o.gif

Niiiice Bravo 6. biggrin_o.gif Too bad i don't speak german though. Can someone pls translate it? Pics look great!

From first pic it says that most buildings can't be entered and destroyed? sad_o.gif

From first pic it says that most buildings can't be entered and destroyed? sad_o.gif

Lets wait and find out before we pass judgement on letting our hopes up or down smile_o.gif

Many times what has been read in a magazine about a game was far from the actual game itself was.

hi freaks,

the "new" pictures are of one arma preview from the german gamermagazin > POWERPLAY <. we already reported you... everything can see you> here <

greeting vizir

mountains.jpg    dropjaw.gif

Is this an ingame pic of ArmA? If so those mountains are where I'm gonna be going!  wow_o.gif

I don't think that one is so much ingame as the others are...but ya never know.

vizir

There are so much worse things people could be doing,4 pages out of a stinking magazine shouldn't enough to get peoples panties in a wad.

http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/images/mountains.jpg

http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/smilies/dropjaw.gif

Is this an ingame pic of ArmA? If so those mountains are where I'm gonna be going!  wow_o.gif

I think it's a render, but I hope it's ingame biggrin_o.gif.

Also am I the only one that noticed the fact that there are only 22 vehicles instead of what OFP had? (26)

Picture

Just curious how this is possible, I've seen allot of the old OFP vehicles, and I see quite some new ones, but yet they say we only will get 22?

Weird.

Is this an ingame pic of ArmA? If so those mountains are where I'm gonna be going! wow_o.gif

No, it appears to be a rendered picture, the same/similar to the one that was shown as the box cover a while ago.

It uses some in-game elements and those may even be a touched up in-game mountains.

Guest Ti0n3r
Also am I the only one that noticed the fact that there are only 22 vehicles instead of what OFP had? (26)

Picture

Just curious how this is possible, I've seen allot of the old OFP vehicles, and I see quite some new ones, but yet they say we only will get 22?

Weird.

Hmm yes, It's a bit strange, since Placebo said "50+ vehicles and ~ 40 different weapons" in the Firingsquad preview. I think he speaks the truth though;)

aww piss sad_o.gif I was gonna go "WHOHOO THAT ARMA FIRE ENGINE IS AWESOME" but I didnt notice the "vbs1" logo at the top of it confused_o.gif

also no jets in arma? WTF? help.gif

booooy (top screen)

This means they played with an old build? AGAIN?! :mad: tounge2.gif

--

Btw, I wouln't worry too much about the buildings not being enterable. Since the "average" ammount of polies for models has been uppened, modders will surely be able to include their own super detailed houses smile_o.gif . Maybe even make some house enterable and replace a "replacement mod" for the houses?

--

I find it a big pity that Bis wont be using VBS1's urban stuff, like the cranes and other stuff... here.

But then again, I'm sure the ones from OFP will be imported, or something... tounge2.gif .

Resident evil mods...big mansion...new virus...Umbrella soldiers...rawr..

*cough*

I also see that BIS got the lighting properties right,the difference between smooth and sharp edges can really make a difference on appearence and the way light reflects from things,sadly not many people in the community pay attention to that,they can make flat surfaces look great or completely horrible,just remember that..especially on planes.

I wonder what the "average" is in AA...nowadays in OFP its what? Around 3000-6000 and at times even 8000?

I have a feeling that buildings (enterable) will become a bigger thing that the community would do because we wouldn't have the clipping errors,right now its generally not such a good idea.

Hasn't Agt. Smith already done some cranes? If not I'm sure somebody will make some,when AA comes out our limits will be very..limitlessless...not as many...yeh.

I wonder...with updated collision...maybe things such as ropes from helicopters would work better?

And I know they don't have the ability to move around in vehicles in AA (unless they added it),thats its mostly for game2...but wasn't the main reason you couldn't "stand' in a moving vehicle in OFP was due to the collision causing you to clip through the frame? Perhaps with this updated then you wouldn't have as much of an issue?

Yah, moving around in buildings was never that clever in ofp even if you disregard the clipping errors. It just felt very awkward and jerky. Hopefully ArmA will have made some improvements on this so we can have some more interior type raids and clearout missions! If interiors felt more like GR for example it would be cool, but whether the engine will bend that far is another matter. We'll see!   pray.gif

Tnx, jammydodger.

Quote from PC PowerPlay: "We find ourselves as soldiers in a conflict during the Cold War again." huh.gif

The article is really fantastic, but my mute sank rapidly, when I read, that there won't be any Armstrong.

I hope the magazine is wrong, but it says you will play a nameless soldier crazy_o.gifsad_o.gifgoodnight.gif

Wow, thx for the translation...

Well, those screens are...interesting. I just can`t wait...