Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

the ability to walk in vehicles..........awesome (jus look at game2's interiors...i cant believe my eyes)

3d Mission Editor wid additional data like armour values, speed etc.

the ability to chat wid the AI....u refuse to read ur team-mates letter...he gets demoralised..how cool is tht

ofp has already revolutionized MILITARY SIMULATIONs but GAME 2 is going to take it to a place where 10 "BATTLEFIELDS" or any other game wont be a match.....best of luck BIS

but still its clearly mentioned tht BIS has two yrs for GAME 2

hey ARMA rox tounge2.gif

Thanks for clearing that up...shit now I'm even more squee'ish,you have to give em credit...for such a small team they sure do pull the ropes. Heh..interesting note,the camo on the abrams in that pic is completely backwards XD..hmm..wait..*does research* nope the camo's...hm..probably they just mirrored the whole tank,kinda intersting...anyway. Hope things go well for the company and people,I like small companies..you think of indiviidual people rather than a hive mind. Hey in 2 years thats no issue,worth the wait in my opinion. Good things rushed dont come out so good.

Heh..interesting note,the camo on the abrams in that pic is completely backwards XD..hmm..wait..*does research* nope the camo's...hm..probably they just mirrored the whole tank,kinda intersting...anyway.

The whole tank is mirrored, probably the usual magazine style errors...

Interesting article, think I might have to get myself a hard copy of it next week smile_o.gif

BIS have to be the BEST!!!! Game Developers EVER!!!! notworthy.gif BIS 4EVER!! inlove.gif

Heh..interesting note,the camo on the abrams in that pic is completely backwards XD..hmm..wait..*does research* nope the camo's...hm..probably they just mirrored the whole tank,kinda intersting...anyway.

Interesting article, think I might have to get myself a hard copy of it next week smile_o.gif

Magazine errors? So thats common for em eh? And same ere.

I'm not going to WOW over a game which is more than 2 years away. I could be dead multiple times by then. Game2 looks promising, but 2+ years is a lot.

Now, where is ArmA? (and saving for a decent gfx card:)

Magazine errors? So thats common for em eh? And same ere.

Yeah, magazines often end up printing things with no obvious "right way" backwards, either out of plain error, or like I expect in this case to fit the layout of the page.

BIS have to be the BEST!!!! Game Developers EVER!!!! notworthy.gif BIS 4EVER!! inlove.gif

x2 notworthy.gif all hail BIS inlove.gif

Frontcover??

arma_box.jpg

Found it at Webhallen

huh.gif

At a second look, kinda sexy. Clean, fresh. Edgy. You know?

Nah...maybe they'll do a new soldier with rifle or gun "logo"..kinda like they did with the OFP cover and Resistance. But people post fake covers and whatnot all the time,I highly doubt it would be like that,then again,its whats on the inside that counts,but using the soldier would be more OFP "traditional" hmmm....

A good title needs a high impact box cover that’s self-explanatory and excites people into buying it! .... That's why I'm thinking of offering BIS my marketing ideas....

arma_box.jpg      rollwink.gif

Seriously though, interesting reading in those articles. I hope we get some more official stuff soon though. My dream is of a pre-release demo! pray.gif  Anyone remember the old OFP demo? I do because I just couldn't put it down ...at least not until the game came out! .... Roll on ArmA demo!

On second thoughts just release the game!  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for clearing me up about the relation between OFP, ArmA and Game2. Definitly feeling better about ArmA as a stand-in before Game2 comes - it definitly /is/ in development right?

Bohemia, I definitly am notworthy.gif

LMAO Red Kite! I second your cover. I would buy two copies if they chose that.

Abs

Thanks for the article!  biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Another thing though is that the last line in the article hints that Game2 is still has some time left in development, which I guess I "feared" already.

2 years seems like a lot to delay a game when originally it was going to be released in 2006 wasn't it?

Yeah it does but keep in mind they had to work on Elite which delayed ArmA and now ArmA is probably going to delay G2.

I doubt Elite delayed anything. When we were given the possible release dates for both Game2 and ArmA at E3 last year Elite wasn't even really a factor. It would seem ArmA was delayed becuase it turned out to be a very ambitious project that plain and simply needed more time, and a publisher. With the lack of a publisher right now, its looking like another delay is possible. So figure ArmA at the very least will have been delayed six months and possibly eight or nine or even more.

That really shouldn't transfer into a 2 year delay for Game2... personally I don't think the delay will be that long, I believe thats probly just a guess by the person writeing the article. I would hope that the game comes out sometime next year... at least I hope so.

The library feature in game2 sounds excellent. That to me is the most exciting feature mentioned in the entire article.

Quote[/b] ]There's also a feature BIS calls The Library. All content in Game 2 is an add-on, whether it came with the game officially or not. The Library keeps track of add-ons in the mission editor, listing additional data such as vehicle speed and armour values. So designing a mission becomes easier to balance.

I think addon creators will definitely start working on standards for sure when game 2 comes out. It will be much easier to cull over or under powered addons from you mod folders when you can simply bring up the overall stats and compare them against other addons and real data.

I only wish this feature could have made it in to Arma, sounds like it's worth the wait though.

Words can not explain how happy I am  smile_o.gif

So I'll let this Smilie show yay.gif

and what does the last words mean

Quote[/b] ]and BIS has two years development left

does it mean its two more years left before it comes out band.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I had been expeting that since November. But we'll have ArmA while they'll take their time to create the game of our dreams yay.gif

and what does the last words mean
Quote[/b] ]and BIS has two years development left

does it mean its two more years left before it comes out band.gif

yes, but Game 2 wink_o.gif

Please discuss Game2 in the Game2 forums and not here, ArmA only here.

Any idea if Armed A. will have better AI? For instance, at the moment I can be lying low in a building with 4 enemy tanks surrounding me. They know of my presence but they 'never' open fire (they should simply be blowing the building to pieces).

Well, that would require buildings to be destroyable which opens a nother botch of questions. But BIS said the AI is improved.

Well, not exactly. They could still fire on the building and kill any occupants without the building literally being blown to pieces (although that would be a nice bonus).

True, it would be kind of like suppression.  Fire in the general known area of the enemy.  Take it to tanks, and with the logic that it's anti-personnel, and a near miss kills, it would be worth a bit of saturation HE fire.  Maybe a script? Or a last minute engine tweak? (Oh Please, Oh Please notworthy.gif  )

smile_o.gif