Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

There's a hill blocking your view in that pick, it doesn't reach the "edge" of the field of view.

Oh my lord, I was expecting some minor visual tweaks etc to keep us going till game 2 and I was totally happy with that, but that is just amazing it looks like a totally new game.

mmmm, first question to start the discussion wink_o.gif

Looks like the vegetation in general doesn't have any shadow, even in the screenshot of the tanks, where the tree has his own shadow, the bush below it hasn't got it, what do you think about that?, could be very nice and reallistic that the bushes also have their own shadows.

Looks like the vegetation in general haven't any shadow, even in the screenshot of the tanks, where the tree has his own shadow, the bush below it haven't got it, what do you think about that?, could be very nice and reallistic that the bushes also have their own shadows.

yup.. maybe they want to add dynamic trees and how they can be destroyed. (like the uprooting trees) wink_o.gif

don't you think?

Looks like the vegetation in general doesn't have any shadow, even in the screenshot of the tanks, where the tree has his own shadow, the bush below it hasn't got it, what do you think about that?, could be very nice and reallistic that the bushes also have their own shadows.

I'd imagine small details like that would appear without question, however being small details they would be the lowest current priority in terms of visuals, do you want them to work on bush shadows or other things such as object and unit details?

Oohh! ..The detail!  ..And we have definitely got new soldier animations. ... No more bandy legs!

dance1.gifsquatdance.gifdance3.gifdance4.giftapdance.gif

*gets up off floor*

*sets chair back up*

!! BOOYA !!! notworthy.gif

-Now, keep in mind, these pics too may be from different stages of development. But HOLY CRAP are they beautiful!.-

thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

From the new screens we can see a few features. To sum them up:

- beautiful water

- high viewdistance

- big city (but will the AI be able to navigate in it?)

- great models including hands models (as noticed)

- new standing animations (Placebo said somewhere that the animations will be added as one of the last things... so, does the fact that they are allready in mean something? icon_rolleyes.gif )

- no sign of multiple gunner positions

- some old models (garages for tanks, barells, pavement place for tree; are they placeholders too?)

- some impressive trees and bushes

I almost moisted myself...

Looks better than I expected. I guess Placebo was right about the "placeholders" smile_o.gif.

Looks like the animations have been tweaked/renewed a bit, atleast for idle stance: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/ArmA_hires_04.jpg

The ocean looks more realistic than in many other games. http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/ArmA_hires_02.jpg Hopefully it also reflects landscape/objects, but it isn't that important. Also the viewdistance in that picture seems to be pretty good.

Can't wait for more videos and the demo! wink_o.gif

EDIT: Huh??? They changed the banner to the original one: http://www.armedassault.com/

I guess it is boring to see the same face on the front page in two different pictures. smile_o.gif

EDIT2: Now they changed it back and updated the screenshots.. aaargh! biggrin_o.gif

EDIT3: Now it is more artistic... I'm done editing... crazy_o.gif

Anyone else think that there might be a reason why they hid the beach in the picture of the blackhawk flying over the water?

Hey,this is looks fairly good.The textures and bumpmaps on that american soldier could need some rework(vest looks slightly odd),but besides that,I call it nice.Of course I will have to see if the sea is overly reflective(I.e the effect on the screen is there all the time in that strength).

Oh and it would be nice if we could see a light-setting thats not

"Full Strength sun",I would appreciate that smile_o.gif .

Look at the latest screenshots thread that is pinned. There are actually 6 pictures we have been discussing them in there for a while.

6 Screenshots

ArmA visual aspect looks absolutely outstanding!

Btw, The soviet camo here is totally unknown to me.

It looks more to the current russian M21 Les.

Anyways, I think that more enhancements would certainly be done, so no worries.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

i thought i was getting a heart attack when i saw these.. REAL impressive BIS .. keep up the good work! notworthy.gif

ArmA visual aspect looks absolutely outstanding!

Btw, The soviet camo here is totally unknown to me.

It looks more to the current russian M21 Les.

Anyways, I think that more enhancements would certainly be done, so no worries.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

If I remember correctly the OPFOR isn't supposed to be Russian which means they could be using another countries camo.

Anyone else think that there might be a reason why they hid the beach in the picture of the blackhawk flying over the water?

they dont want us to see the beach..

must be amazing.. whistle.gif

jesus.. the water is super realistic (so far). notworthy.gif

Seems to be the same shiny seats as seen in the Arma tech demo(Which was very very old remember whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif )