Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

i know this is off topic but did i hear someplace that BIS are doing a tv interveiw this month? notworthy.gif

i know this is off topic but did i hear someplace that BIS are doing a tv interveiw this month? notworthy.gif

Here: ArmA.dk

It's mentioned somewhere on the board too. smile_o.gif

Sounds like we'll hear some news tomorrow. inlove.gif

firefoxlover.gif

Oh, i see. Tnx for clearing that for me.  But now i'm puzzeled with something else.   We are talking about isohyps (curves that connect spots of the same hight on the map), right?

Yes, isohypse = contour lines.

Quote[/b] ]They exist on geodesic or geographic maps, but do they exist on military maps?

I haven't seen one, so i wouldn't know. Anyone?

The military generally use the best maps available for the area of operations, eg. OS maps in the UK, IGN maps in France, Landesreallylongword maps in Germany; the same maps that outdoorsy people use. If suitable maps aren't available then there are military cartographers, but whatever maps are being used topographical data would always be included, it is tactically extremely important.

For more realism though, mils should be used to measure angle rather than degrees, all military operations should occur on the juncture of two or more maps, and Officers should never be allowed to use them.

That´s Istanbul

icon_rolleyes.gif

Not Constantinople?

going to be off topic but one I cant pass,

Constantinople is the name of the town 550 years ago, since its 2006 its Istanbul... you can still find the name in the "history books" and fellow Greek maps  xmas_o.gif  (no offense)

Yeah, I know.  It was a joke because the group They Might Be Giants sang a song called "Istanbul, Not Constantinople".  

It's really cool that the Sahrani map looks real enough to remind us all of actual islands we've seen before.

I have been looking to the old official pics and i beleave all have noticed some effects:

here: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armans1.jpg

Look at the pilot's head.

my questions are: <ul>How often will this happen?

Will it happen when we (as pilots) look to sides and arround?

If we are playing MP will other players see where the pilot(s) are really looking at?

If pilot scan horizon will copilot see the other player movement?

thumbs-up.gif

I have been looking to the old official pics and i beleave all have noticed some effects:

here: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/armans1.jpg

Look at the pilot's head.

my questions are: <ul>How often will this happen?

Will it happen when we (as pilots) look to sides and arround?

If we are playing MP will other players see where the pilot(s) are really looking at?

thumbs-up.gif

Head movement was included in OFP:E.

I loaded up an old custom mission to see if I could better answer you questions but in the mission I was flying a Chinook in formation and they are a pig to maneuver close enough to other aircraft.

How often will this happen?

Often enough, not noticed if it occurs whilst moving forward but when hovering etc they look around all the time. When I brought my chinook alongside a blackhawk the pilot regularly looked over at me. (Edit: Pilot continued to look around whilst flying, copilot doesn't seem to look around)

Will it happen when we (as pilots) look to sides and around?

Can't answer this. Need two people in game to test this out.

Yes.

If suitable maps aren't available then there are military cartographers, but whatever maps are being used topographical data would always be included, it is tactically extremely important.

Yes, i agree, not only they are tactically important, imo they are essential. Well, that's exactly my point. Why didnt't BIS put them on the map in the briefing screen?

it is today crazy_o.gif

hopefully somebody uploads it

Quote[/b] ]Idea Games is to be Interviewed by Czech TV-station, ČESKÃ TELEVIZE,

dosent mention bis, just idea games. wink_o.gif

edit

just watched ,just shows some doom type game from another,dev within idea games.:( ,maybe next week huh ?

Rozhovor - bratri spanelove, autori Flashpointu pripravuji dalsi bomby, hmm guess it means the lord spanel and sibling are on ,april 22nd smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Idea Games is to be Interviewed by Czech TV-station, ČESKÃ TELEVIZE,

dosent mention bis, just idea games. wink_o.gif

edit

just watched ,just shows some doom type game from another,dev within idea games.:( ,maybe next week huh ?

Rozhovor - bratri spanelove, autori Flashpointu pripravuji dalsi bomby, hmm guess it means the lord spanel and sibling are on ,april 22nd smile_o.gif

So that means possible News about ARMA will come out in 22 April 2006?

So that means possible News about ARMA will come out in 22 April 2006?

Hope so, it's about time.

Don't know if this is old news, but did you guys notice that bird flying from the top to the left of the screen at about 1:38 - 1:43min in the movie? Looks great.

Don't know if this is old news, but did you guys notice that bird flying from the top to the left of the screen at about 1:38 - 1:43min in the movie? Looks great.

You mean the fake movie?

Or there is a new movie?

Quote[/b] ]Don't know if this is old news, but did you guys notice that bird flying from the top to the left of the screen at about 1:38 - 1:43min in the movie? Looks great.

yeh ,noticed that too,it was a fast bird to huh,seemed to swoop in and hover bout 30 meters behind the vehicle.wonder if its recording the action smile_o.gif ?. can only wish for aar

Quote[/b] ]Don't know if this is old news, but did you guys notice that bird flying from the top to the left of the screen at about 1:38 - 1:43min in the movie? Looks great.

yeh ,noticed that too,it was a fast bird to huh,seemed to swoop in and hover bout 30 meters behind the vehicle.wonder if its recording the action smile_o.gif ?. can only wish for aar

You mean this one?           red_kite_swoop.gif           archer.gif         rofl.gif

Hehe ive just noticed something:

look here at the sign in this picture

vbsignarma6yf.jpg

notice any differance here? (on VBS tounge2.gif )

bananavbssigns.jpg

stop stealing VBS stuff BIS smile_o.gif

yeh i notice a big diff , the top pic isfrom a game that will cost bout Å50 tops ? and the bottom pic is from a game./sim that costa $1000+ for the dvd

secondly theres a silly menu in the bottom pic and "hopefully" it was gotten rid of in the top game.

happy expensive gaming to ya .

goodnight.gifnener.gif

The more VBS1 stuff BIS steals from themselves the better!

explain for the low minds smile_o.gif

why is that?

Surely they own it all anyway. but as they've said the VBS stuff they're using are merely placeholders

Observe.

The more Arma resembles that the happier i am. wink_o.gif

I bet BIS could find a publisher for VBS1 in no time then we could pay retail price for it and whoo hoo!