Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Also, what I think BIS is trying to hint us with all the Blackhawk pics is actually the pilot, in every pic, his head is in different position, could mean two things:

- Movable head in vehicle

- TrackIR

Or just a modified anim.pbo, something like the current cargo animation (I've also done similar ones, some unreleased stuff).

Besides the imo little bit too much contrast between light and shadow I think the pictures are quite okay.

If you dont like the new "notebook" im sure it will only take some modding to replace that new one with the old one.Same with those funny markers whistle.gif

What gets me a little bit is that on the map the contour lines still give you no clue at all if the line means "terrain goes up" or "terrain goes down"

Also, what I think BIS is trying to hint us with all the Blackhawk pics is actually the pilot, in every pic, his head is in different position, could mean two things:

- TrackIR

Or just a modified anim.pbo, something like the current cargo animation (I've also done similar ones, some unreleased stuff).

Actually.. I have allready seen AI move their heads inside vehicles, it's quite rare but it happens..

During testruns of an addon of mine.

Comment 1Also, what I think BIS is trying to hint us with all the Blackhawk pics is actually the pilot, in every pic, his head is in different position, could mean two things:

- TrackIR

Comment 2Also, by what I mean in empty backgrouns is that there is alot of detail bunched in the town with all the trees and stuff, and the outskirts of the towns look empty, especially compared to OFP in whitch you could sneak up to the town trough rows of bushes, trees and many other cover.

Also, I don't think they're sand dunes, since the same texture streches almost to the sea.

EDIT:

Comment 3Also are you sure that noone is forcing me? I want you to try and switch concience with a person in real life. It's not how it goes, switching characters midgame is kinda arcadish to me, and if there is excessive amount armor in the town that requres the chopper to clear, I doubt soldier or sniper will be able to do it.

Comment 4EDIT2:

Also, markers look butt ugly, I prefer hand-drawn ones on the map like in OFP, because I doubt soldier is carrying a PC with him that has those kind of markers.

Response Comment 1

Ive seen heads move in vehicles too.

Response Comment 2I haven't seen any pic from ArmA that shows baron land around a town that isn't justified. Those are sand dunes and sand dunes can be by the sea.

Response Comment 3 Try playing missions like Ambush where the armor is supposed to kick you out of the town. If you are good enough you can defeat them. There are a lot of missions in ofp that can have a completely different outcome with skill.

Response Comment 4I agree I also prefer the handdrawn ones and the old briefing screen.

I prefer the old note book big time. The notebook and wrinkled map with the watch and compass on top added to the immersion. Felt like I just pulled them out of a pocket on my pack and spread them out on the ground for review.

I also just do not like these new markers at all. The old ones looked more like grease marker marks like what would be used in real life.

They should include both the old markers and the new ones in the editor. That can't be hard at all to program and it would satisfy every one.

Other wise I'll just hope that the first user made addon for ARMA will be titled "Classic Map Markers by insert name here".

Comment 1Also, what I think BIS is trying to hint us with all the Blackhawk pics is actually the pilot, in every pic, his head is in different position, could mean two things:

- TrackIR

Comment 2Also, by what I mean in empty backgrouns is that there is alot of detail bunched in the town with all the trees and stuff, and the outskirts of the towns look empty, especially compared to OFP in whitch you could sneak up to the town trough rows of bushes, trees and many other cover.

Also, I don't think they're sand dunes, since the same texture streches almost to the sea.

EDIT:

Comment 3Also are you sure that noone is forcing me? I want you to try and switch concience with a person in real life. It's not how it goes, switching characters midgame is kinda arcadish to me, and if there is excessive amount armor in the town that requres the chopper to clear, I doubt soldier or sniper will be able to do it.

Comment 4EDIT2:

Also, markers look butt ugly, I prefer hand-drawn ones on the map like in OFP, because I doubt soldier is carrying a PC with him that has those kind of markers.

Response Comment 1

Response Comment 2I haven't seen any pic from ArmA that shows baron land around a town that isn't justified. Those are sand dunes and sand dunes can be by the sea.

Response Comment 3 Try playing missions like Ambush where the armor is supposed to kick you out of the town. If you are good enough you can defeat them. There are a lot of missions in ofp that can have a completely different outcome with skill.

Response Comment 4I agree I also prefer the handdrawn ones and the old briefing screen.

Response to Response on Comment 1

I've seen that too, but it's very rare unless done by an animation.

Response to Response on Comment 2

Hmm, I've seen a bunch, screen with the big rock in the middle of town comes to mind, altough, the emptyness on the screen we're discussing could also be that the trees just didn't render yet, altough I doubt it.

Response to Response on Comment 3

Agreed, you can defeat it that way, but why should you try and hold the town on your own when you can insta-swap to a chopper pilot and eliminate them all, simply no realism and no immersion. To me, it's a same effect as respawning in MP.

Response to Response on Comment 4

Glad we agree. smile_o.gif

- TrackIR

EDIT:

Comment 4EDIT2:

Response Comment 1

Response to Response on Comment 2

Hmm, I've seen a bunch, screen with the big rock in the middle of town comes to mind, altough, the emptyness on the screen we're discussing could also be that the trees just didn't render yet, altough I doubt it.

Response to Response on Comment 3

Agreed, you can defeat it that way, but why should you try and hold the town on your own when you can insta-swap to a chopper pilot and eliminate them all, simply no realism and no immersion. To me, it's a same effect as respawning in MP.

Response to Response on Comment 4

Glad we agree.  smile_o.gif

Response to Response to Response on Comment 2

I see that now too. There is an airfield in the background of it though so that probably is part of it. Otherwise maybe that part just wasn't finished.

Response to Response to Response on Comment 3

Its more fun to do it the difficult way. I would prefer to have it be based upon missions and/or an option to be turned on and off.

well im sure we will be able to choose text.. icon_rolleyes.gif

maybe we have some options to use fonts.. biggrin_o.gif

edit\ will we be able to enter all those buildings in those pics? notworthy.gif

If the modders have ANYTHING to say about, YES!! (I'm planning models already)

You can notice that there is a tank gunner button in the switch character menu...

Well, if the `tank gunner*` thingy is the same as it was in ofp, then I won`t touch it anymore...Besides, `tank gunner` is kinda arcadish isn`t it? Just shoot everything that moves...smells like xbox to me...

And yes, markers in ofp could be better (more real like pen-drawn), but they were definetely better than what we saw now...(even though the black background of each marker will be probably transparent in the final game)...

*the same goes to the helo gunner (Franze and xNodunitx your helos rule)

I forgot to ask this: Hey BIS, can you guys show us anything having to do with the interior of a vehicle, the hud, the controls? Anything? Beuller? ... Beuller? tounge2.gif

I like the new info alot and on the screen displaying the map it says

"Note : at a later stage you can switch to another supporting units and play as sniper or tankgunner"

I mean it says CAN not MUST, as far as I enterpret that you can still just finish the mission with one character though if you wish you can get some added gameplay by suplementing it with two more characters.

If it is indeed this way then it just adds something to the people who would like to use it while not really changing anything at all for the ones that don`t.

Besides the imo little bit too much contrast between light and shadow I think the pictures are quite okay.

If you dont like the new "notebook" im sure it will only take some modding to replace that new one with the old one.Same with those funny markers whistle.gif

What gets me a little bit is that on the map the contour lines still give you no clue at all if the line means "terrain goes up" or "terrain goes down"

I find the lighting to be a LOT better than the last ones we saw of those experimental radioactive tanks. Even the heli looks okay in terms of lighting, but perhaps you are right and even mroe ambient would be nice. It may look different IN GAME though, and we still ahve gamma/contrast/brightness settings or somesuch.

+1 on the map contours. I wish for elevation numbers on major contour lines etc. Often when zoomed in between several hills it is difficult to tell what is going up and what is going down, where is the lowest point between 3 hills. So some sort of shading or elevation markings on contours would be realistic and useful, and fun. smile_o.gif

and whats with the ugly road?

Try OFP with Anisotropic filtering turned off and see how blured the textures become when on such a low view angle. BIS take pretty much all there screenshots with AA and AF turned off and that road pic with the BMP's and soldiers is taken from a video also.

I run OFP with AA 4x and AF 8x, that would make a big difference in all these Armed Assault pics.

This town looks amazing and these buildings are really great, that water tower and the konstantin banana sign thingy i recognise from vbs, i am very happy to see more new buildings and more new images yay.gif .

This town looks amazing and these buildings are really great, that water tower and the konstantin banana sign thingy i recognise from vbs, i am very happy to see more new buildings and more new images yay.gif .

arf! can we enter all those buildings?

so far all look = to me..

maybe a movie will clear my mind for sure.

Won't swear to it, but heads move in vehicles much more in OFP:E. I only noticed the other day when I found a pilot following my movement outside a landing chopper. Was quite eery to have him staring at me!

Quote[/b] ]Response to Response on Comment 3

Hang on, where does it say that a helecopter magically appears in the air? The helecopter would already be there taking out the armour, whether or not you were the pilot.

+1 on the map contours. I wish for elevation numbers on major contour lines etc. Often when zoomed in between several hills it is difficult to tell what is going up and what is going down, where is the lowest point between 3 hills. So some sort of shading or elevation markings on contours would be realistic and useful, and fun. smile_o.gif

Ditto. Having contours on maps is great, but not if you are unable to read them correctly because the necessary information is missing.

I can read maps like an expert (I have to for my job) and can easily pinpoint my position on a map by sight in real life. However I still struggle with the OFP map huh.gif

NEW ARMED ASSAULT VIDEO COME NOW!!!!

I found new ArmA movie on flashpoint.ru forums.

Good look wink_o.gif

DOWNLOAD NOW

thx my instinct notworthy.gif

LOVELY MOVIE inlove.gif

I personally hope that the game is running with fluid-like smoothness! It seemed that original OFP didn't run well even when you upgraded madly your computer. I sure hope that the gameplay would be smooth, not a bit "jerky" as with OFP.

My friends asked me whether we should have a LAN party... I said; no LAN parties until Armed Assault is out. So, during the meantime, I'm gonna kill my time with the marvelous world of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion..

So, please, BIS, save me from suffering and let me travel through your divine landscapes in ArmA!

I'm a gamer, NOT a ofp purist ... of the new vid there is just one word ... WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!! (btw thx spoock, very nice find!)

(btw2, the dl didn't complete, i broke it off at 97%)

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, another mirror, i'm working now and i can't download from megaupload sad_o.gifsad_o.gifbanghead.gif