Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Is the terrain resolution increased? wow_o.gif The hill in the first picture seems to be smaller than OFp standard.

Are 'all' of the buildings new also?...ie not just retextured current models and completely new designs through out wow_o.gif

The video was nice to see to, but only showed a tailrotor feature which can also be scripted in OFP.

What video?

The video was nice to see to, but only showed a tailrotor feature which can also be scripted in OFP.

Yea but their tailrotor failure is so much better, our scripts can only make it spin while it's level, the one in the video appeared to lose control more realistically (bank, pitch, etc...).

Anyways, I'm anxious to find out what's burning behind those buildings. smile_o.gif

And awsome detail by the way. wink_o.gif

There is a video? huh.gif

Is the terrain resolution increased? wow_o.gif The hill in the first picture seems to be smaller than OFp standard.

There is a lot to see in the second screenshot if you look beyond the tank! Note the cliffs/ridge in the distance of the second shot. Although some of that will be texturing, that is extremely realitisic looking compared to OFP and strongly suggests that a small terrain unit (increased resolution). The vegetation density seems increased from OFP/OFP:E and lets not forget that great view distance.

The ground 'damage' decal looks to be the same, I wonder if that will be improved any before the game is complete. It is one thing which never looked quite right to me through OFP/OFP:E.

I hope there's gonna be soft shadows in the game, I haven't see any so far.

Notice the big buildings are mirrored!!

Could this mean it will be a standard feature for all objects? that would make the variety much greater, with the same FPS biggrin_o.gif

Is that normal mapping on that UH60? Looks like specular mapping also. Oh baby.

Discuss..

Those are barely critiques. The "low quality buildings" are most likely lods. Most of the issues you have is likely due to performance. Also the game isn't finished yet.

Nice pictures,but I have to second that I think it is remarkable that BIS always finds a way to release new pictures that basically show no new features (besides graphical updates) smile_o.gif .

Oh,those hills are very nice.I hope possible terrain resolution is up a bit,still doubt it

Also, if you look at the sand you can see clear lines in the sand due to tiling.

They aren't mirrored just rotated.

look again

Now I see what your saying. I think it is still two different models though.

i'm still wondering why there isnt any Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering, isnt this a standard in 2006 ? As they hired Campaign making Victor, i think the engine should be allmost finished, or am i wrong ?

I dunno, the stain on the rooftop looks mirrored, so the models are probably mirrored, but I think they are seperate models and I don't think there is an option to mirror building models automatically.

*Looks at blackhawk*, *looks at T72 MBT* crazy_o.gif , im imagining Arma with all units being of this quality and the maps being even more detailed and big, nothing will touch this game, just like its older brother 5 years ago..

I see some of you guys already poiting out minor flaws in those early pics, BIS is being kind enough to share some wip with us, lets just enjoy it smile_o.gif .

It looks like command n conquer's 3-D levels but in this you can be the little tiny soldier or fly the chopper and go anywhere. Just look at the rich urban enviroment; kinda like Somalia in BlkHwkDown. I just hope those buildings are not "prop" ones so we can hide in them ! biggrin_o.gif

Damn those new shots look good! Very nice work BIS.