Sign in to follow this  
AfrographX

NH90 TTH Beta

Moin,

here's my new NH90. The modell and textures are pretty much complete. The heli features OFRP's rotorwash script and Footmunch's flare script. But it's still a beta so no other special features are included.

I again put the heli under BWMod - Air in the editor in order to keep it clear. !!BUT THIS IS NOT A BWMOD ADDON!!

Credits:

AfrographX - Modell, Textures, Config

BW-Mod/Praetorian - Military advice

Footmunch - Flare script

OFRP - Rotorwash script

Some screens (click the pics for largers versions):

nhpr037pe.th.jpg

nhpr059ey.th.jpg

nhpr071qd.th.jpg

BW-Mod's pilots from their Basic Pack are used, you can get it here:

OFP.INFO mirror

Here's the download-link to the NH90(Rar-archive ~7.7mb):

ofp.4players mirror

http://rapidshare.de/files/12617200/AFR_NH90.rar.html

Please give me feedback on what you like/dislike about the heli in this thread.

Wow, that looks nice! to bad you didnt have the time to make a nice dutch version wink_o.gif

Again pretty nice work afro...

i'll hope you'll gonna release the winching feature also...

perhaps SAR version with more than a horsecollar (rescue basket/ bare, like CSJ MedEvac...)

i'm impressed and waiting for further news and hopefully soon releases...

Very nice AfrographX, looks far better than the old version. smile_o.gif

Any chances there'll be a "high-cabin" version, like the ones used by the Swedish military? whistle.gif

The flightmodel also feels alot better compared to the old version. Even though I had a go fiddling with it for the SFP4 version, this feels alot better and nicely 'sluggish'.

(Using a joystick atm)

It used to have the problem that it would tip easily over when you tried to land with it, especially when landing on a sloped surface, haven't noticed it with this new version though.

The only minor gripe i've got is the darkness of the window tint from the inside. Flying over a normal Nogova-type island, I have problems making out some objects. Might be due to the fact that i've got a TFT monitor, however. This applies especially to the darker edge surrounding the window.

Once again, many thanks for improving this already awesome addon.

Cheers,

Shar

Lovely work Afro biggrin_o.gif

If you do do another version, the "turbine up" sound is a little odd when your shutting the engine down.

Nice Addon for my collection of flying transporters.

Will test it today when I get back from work. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm always glad to see addons that compliment the superb quality of BWMod. Excellent work AfrographX  thumbs-up.gif

thanks for your replys guys smile_o.gif

Scripts and config from the current version are all preliminary. When done with modell and textures the scripts for the heli will be made (with the help of a very competent mod-team wink_o.gif ). And additionial animations for the door and ramp.

It hasn't been decided yet if there'll be more German versions than the standard TTH. The actual problem is that the other versions, CSAR, Medevac don't even exist as final products in the real world yet. So one had to improvise those versions.

@Harmed - there won't be a Dutch NH90 from me for OFP but I have another heli on the works that'll be released with a Dutch version.

@Shar - Didn't hear of anybody else encountering that window-problem yet, but I'll look into it. Concerning a high-cabin version. I figured out that it'd be too much work to create a high-cabin version now. But when I'd make a NH90-version for Armed Assault I may do a high-cabin version too.

@Harmed - there won't be a Dutch NH90 from me for OFP but I have another heli on the works that'll be released with a Dutch version.

I know, a damn nice one! biggrin_o.gifinlove.gif

Greetings Freeze

Afro, plz make it possible to turn off scripts like dust, and flares.

And some sound are in .ogg... I know this save some byte but it's better to convert this in .wss or .wav for better performance.

and btw.. smile_o.gif

nh90-01k.jpg nh90-02k.jpg nh90-03k.jpg

Greetings DVD

Hi,

The new version is very nice. Some Dutch troops have gotten a new German taxi service.

One small point of criticism, the gunner's visor view should preferably be replaced in the release version. It makes an awkward impression in this one.

Regards,

Sander

Hey afro , good work as always

U thinking of expanding them 90s with new variants like:

-US air force or navy

-Australia

Australia is OK (I think ADF is doing one already though...), but US... if I'm not wrong, ain't using it. We got enough of US stuff already, why give 'em a chopper they don't use?

- In addition to the German TTH there will be an Australian and a Norwegian version.

- Will fix that visor thing for the final version

- So far the USA didn't order any Nh90s that's why there will be no American version.