Sign in to follow this  
j w

God d**n I hate OFP's nvg's

Is it possible for someone to make just a nvg that replaces the old OFP standard. Like clearer, more "grayish".

How hard is it to do?

Thanks for answers

//JW - A guy that hasen't got a clue about the most...

smile_o.gif

I use the good old pack by Llauma with the custom skys and the clear nv google effects

Use ECP and you can choose one of the seven different NVG optics that come with it. That and the thousand other reasons to run ECP wink_o.gif

im using DXDLL but the NVG effects are rather crap i think its not actually right. There more of a pukey green colour and when you move the last frame is shown for an extra 5 or so seconds then fades out. I dont think this is DXDLL fault since the pic of the NVG's is nothing like what im getting so im not sure why its like that

But still try DXDLL even if you dont like the nvg's you wont be dissapointed.

FDF + DXDLL gives quite nice results. Aye, the defaults are terrible, I usually had to stop for a while to take off the NVG:s back then. Just too... green. The FDF's ones have a wider vision and somehow a 'lighter' colour, and comparing this to DXDLL, it's great! DXDLL on it's own is quite nice too.

Well, the most ideal would be a lightgreen, clear, over the whole screen night vision. Can it be done without a mod?

I heard someone say that it required a modfolder, is it that?

And how do I do to replace it. I might try to do this as my first contribution to OFP community.

smile_o.gif

Where do I find the NVG-texture?

There are good nvg's in latest EECP.Also dxdll have some option for nvg effects.In ECP 1.085 you can select from many nvg's.

* TO THE END USER (choose you Night Vision view) *

**************************************************/

// The following comments describe the available NV screen layers.

// In order to select your favourite model, you may comment out

// the current uncommented definition and then remove the double

// slash from the definition of the model you want to choose.

// You can add different screens. All you have to do is defining

// the macro "NVGMODEL" with the path of the respective model.

// NV screen with statics and sharp edge shadow

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_stat"

// NV screen with statics and faded edge shadow

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_statF"

// NV screen with sharp edge shadow and no statics

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_shad"

// NV screen with faded edge shadow and no statics

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_shadF"

// clear NV screen with statics

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_stat_ns"

// clear NV screen

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_clear"

// Monocular NV screen (for realism maniacs)

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_mono"

// BIS' default NV screen

//#define NVGMODEL "optika_night"

Just remove // before one line(lower)and try it!

im using the nvg from lluma sky pack, they are also great,

but i have also a question,

can u download only NVg replacment or u have to go with packmod ?

I wanna do a NVG-replacment, but I don't really know how to start.

I want to have it as my first contribution to OFP-community...

You can download EECP 0.4.3 and use only nvg's.

Ye, but you don't want to make NVGs that can view the area further then 400 m. I've seen some NVGs in OFP that see pretty much the same thing as a naked eye during the day, but only in green. Plus it is more appropriate to make NV monocular, not goggles. US military is switching to monoculars (PVS-14), rather then goggles (PVS-7). Monoculars are more versitile, it can be headmounted, weaponmounted (with EoTech) or used as long range viewer with additional lens. If someone plans on making night vision for OFP, make a monocular. If you need the info ask me, I sell the shit for living. Also will we ever see the thermal equipment in the OFP? Is it possible to have in this game?

Also will we ever see the thermal equipment in the OFP? Is it possible to have in this game?

Probably not.

Coding everything to have a temperature and giving each temp a color could be really hard.

Or is it...?

crazy_o.gif

Anyways, I managed to unpack all nv-textures (night_sum.01/02/03/04/05 and nightvisiontl)

I'm right now using PaNtool to watch them etc. How can I change them? Is there some good tutorial on PaNtool?

@Hornet:

Are those Gen 3 goggles? That's A LOT crappier than the Gen 3 NVGs I'ved used.

I've found the ECP 1.085, almost full FOV version to be pretty close to the real thing. The problem to keep in mind w/ NVGs and how they're displayed in OFP is that OFP can't do it right. In pics, you'll see the green image w/ a black round border around it, which is the lens. But in reality, that's not what you see. You'll see the green image, but you can also look around the goggles and see stuff in regular vision as well. Obviously OFP can't do this because it has to apply a filter to the whole screen, and not selective parts. So, to get around that, the full FOV in ECP is a good compromise.

i think the best NVG replacment that i have played with is the one that is in the "FFUR 2005" pack, they are full screen, and got that "grain" effect that makes it realistic. i checked the details and its some kind of "InQ NVG replacment" version, but wich one ? and whre can we get it ? confused_o.gif

i think the best NVG replacment that i have played with is the one that is in the "FFUR 2005" pack, they are full screen, and got that "grain" effect that makes it realistic. i checked the details and its some kind of "InQ NVG replacment" version, but wich one ? and whre can we get it ?  confused_o.gif

That was kind of my point. The "grain effect" (called scintelation) isn't that pronounced w/ modern Gen 3 NVGs. I would get it over open ocean w/ no star or moon light, but otherwise, it's not very pronounced.

US military is switching to monoculars (PVS-14), rather then goggles (PVS-7). Monoculars are more versitile, it can be headmounted, weaponmounted (with EoTech) ......

u mean thos NVG's that fits on NVD's with 1 optic ?

i mean that NV optic that fits only on one eye

(Like the one in Laser Delta force (S) operators)

and yeah. the optics that u can see like day light is preety disapointing because u want the "grain" effect smile_o.gif

and can anybody ask thunderbird 84 (i thinks thats his name) about the FFUR 2005 NVG's ?

and yeah. the optics that u can see like day light is preety disapointing because u want the "grain" effect smile_o.gif

whistle.gif

@Hornet:

Are those Gen 3 goggles?  That's A LOT crappier than the Gen 3 NVGs I'ved used.

Gen4 whistle.gif

Pic is taken in 45kph from a APC with a mobile camera icon_rolleyes.gif

US military is switching to monoculars (PVS-14), rather then goggles (PVS-7). Monoculars are more versitile, it can be headmounted, weaponmounted (with EoTech) ......

u mean thos NVG's that fits on NVD's with 1 optic ?

i mean that NV optic that fits only on one eye

(Like the one in Laser Delta force (S) operators)

and can anybody ask thunderbird 84 (i thinks thats his name) about the FFUR 2005 NVG's ?

Yes, the PVS-14 monocular is a one-eye device. It gives you much better depth preception because you are using one "regular" eye with it. Here is what it looks like:

http://www.nightvisionweb.com/pvs_14.htm

I'll give it a try. I, can make some of it in the model, but I gotta use textures for the super-highdetailed things. Or else we'll wound up with a OFP x 100 model... wink_o.gif

No, but seriously, I'll give it a try.

@Hornet:

Are those Gen 3 goggles?  That's A LOT crappier than the Gen 3 NVGs I'ved used.

Gen4  whistle.gif

Pic is taken in 45kph from a APC with a mobile camera  icon_rolleyes.gif

Copy all, that explains the blurriness. Gen 4....nice, although now you've got me wondering if I'm remembering my generations wrong. I thought our AN/AVS-9s were Gen 3 but maybe not. Oh well.

the litton anvs 21 are currently the latest nvgs used by many special forces units

you can look for these simply in google

they are 4th generation NVG´s

absoulte clear vision and unlimited view range

they are small, they dont weight much, they are water resistant and they are darn rugged.

aswell they are capable in displaying HUD like information onto the occulars (like heading, height etc)

also they adapt to the current light situation means that a intense light source seem through the anpvs 21 wont blind you as much as lookin trough the anpvs 7 or 14

the anpvs 21 can be either worn binocular or monocular.

my mercs (david,tom) use them :P

here´s a pic

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263....MG]

they might look ugly but they´re the deal