Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! HMMWVs 1.2 Release

You're a funny man hmmwv...OCD perhaps? Haha, you're cool. I'm the same way with a lot of things. One of them being here in OFP aswell, especially the ACU models.

Believe it or not there are other arabic countries other than Iraq.

Afghanistan? Egypt? Israel - well, and Hebrew)? Iran? Palestine? Kuwait???

They would be 100% appropriate on the back of at least a tan M1114....

M1036 is pushing it though wink_o.gif

Ehhm, your forgetting something...

There arent any desert tan us humvees in Egypt, Palestine, Israel, and Iran < (yet) rofl.gif

Is there any SF modifications planned in update?

I second (or third) that, Dave and Cameron. I'd like to see COMBAT! make the Avenger to their quality. What about the M996 HMMWV Ambulance? Anyone? Anyone?

Do you mean the M1035? Anyway I don´t think they would release new versions, nothing beyond and nothing better than the VBS1 US Army comercial product. And as far as I know, there´s not an Avenger in US Army 1. (correct me if I´m wrong).

No VBS1 chat here.

All i am updating is the M1114's for now. smile_o.gif

To Hmmwv:

The M996 Hmmwv has a hard-top while the M1035 has a softtop (the main exterior differences). I personally think the M996 is better looking.

To SniperSkull:

Great idea SniperSkull, that is what we need.

Woah! I read M998 instead of M996 crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I have to read more slowly... tounge2.gif

And Sniper Skull, this is not a VBS1 forum, all of us know that, including myself; but this addon have a direct relation with it, and writing the word VBS sometimes shouldn´t be consideered as an open discussion about that software, so there´s no need for that comment.

Greetings

Please refrain from any discussion of VBS1. Head over to one of the VBS forums for that. wink_o.gif

It's like saying bomb on an airplane.

lol

@Sniper Skull is there any chance of seeing some of the other MCar scripts being adopted ie player controlled TOW's and the TOW-2B? Yeah the Avenger would be great but hey i havent missed it yet(thanks to the other HMMWV pack smile_o.gif ). Keep up the great work smile_o.gif

...there´s not an Avenger in US Army 1. (correct me if I´m wrong).

The US Army deployed some during the 1991 Gulf War.

@ April 07 2006,18:12)]

He was talking about the US Army module for VBS1. But please no further discussions about it here. banghead.gif

He was talking about the US Army module for VBS1. But please no further discussions about it here. banghead.gif

I have no interest in VBS.

@ April 07 2006,12:27)]

I have no interest in VBS.

You're still discussing it... icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, I second snoops_213 about the other MCAR scripts and an AVENGER.

I can't get the TOW missiles to hit their target, they always hit a couple feet behind their target, what am I doing wrong?

Quote[/b] ]Lifter Posted on April 09 2006,11:45

I can't get the TOW missiles to hit their target, they always hit a couple feet behind their target, what am I doing wrong?

You're very probably doing nothing wrong. What's your target ? Does the AI miss too ?

Place yourself as an observer near the target and let the AI fire at it: take a look if the missile flies through the target: if so, the target fire geometry is probably not set up properly or the missile just flies through an hole in it, or even below it. The BIS uaz is a possible candidate for this kind of errors. Otherwise it is an MCAR script problem (that is, if all kinds of targets you fire at display the same behaviour). If you can, post a screenshot showing exactly what happens.

The target is a RHS T80UK (sorry guys).

I'll try to post some screenshots.

The SHTORA system on the RHS T-80 jam's missiles. The missile misses because that's how the system works rofl.gif

The SHTORA system on the RHS T-80 jam's missiles. The missile misses because that's how the system works rofl.gif

Definitely not. Other users lamented this with other RHS T80s as well. And RHS countermeasure systems don't work with MCAR missiles. I guess RHS people know more than me about this: when I was writing the MCAR engine, I tested their T80s too, but I had no problems probably because I used the manually guided versions of the tow2a. Infact re-testing them with the tow2b or the most basic tow2a gives me the same result you're lamenting about. MCAR missiles can't lock on them (because the scripts can't find them), so only if you're using the tow2a 'real' version or the tow2a 'tilt' one you can hit them (though no kill will be registered): if you happened to have downloaded the MCAR humvees test vehicles, you should be able to destroy these T80s using the "HMMWV TOW 2A 'Real'" or the "HMMWV TOW 2A tilt". Unfortunately CBT humvees use a different version. I think a simple modification of their stringtable.csv file would enable them to use the more advanced, and more close to reality, guidance code which will allow these humvees to successfully attack those T80 tanks. In their thread RHS people mentioned of a new version of their T80s which should patch some bugs: maybe this will solve the issue you and other people have with MCAR missiles.

The tank you showed on the screenshot, Lifter, is, as you pointed out, a BIS T80, and I have no problem with them with any version of the MCAR humvees. As I said, I'm using the MCAR engine standard humvee: but since the CBT tow humvees need MCAR engine 0.801 or later, they should act similar.

But I have tried both MCAR engine 0.8xx and 0.9, still misses every tank I throw at them. sad_o.gif