Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

The Art thread

I've seen better work done by my mom in MS paint.

It's not very commonly known but I to like to dabble in the arts, below is my latest piece:

warn-2.gif

I call it "warning level +1 for flamebaiting".

If you can't be civil and polite and courteous you have no place on the forums, these are the forums for the nice people.

It's not very commonly known but I to like to dabble in the arts, below is my latest piece:

warn-2.gif

I call it "warning level +1 for flamebaiting".

If you can't be civil and polite and courteous you have no place on the forums, these are the forums for the nice people.

I just made this for you in MS paint!

tissue-box.jpg

the definitive redneck opinion wink_o.gif

O....k icon_rolleyes.gif

I would suggest making the text stand out a little more (especially on the 1st one), the text needs to be the most evident, and so it should blend in (not being drastically different from it's surrounding in terms of style), but be clear.

Like by using Outer Glow or other Blending Options.

The old Invasion 1944 logo was due for replacement, and was not really usuable on anthing other then as incorporated into a larger website design, so I made the new one.

Logo13.jpg

I also made a page with all of the old (read: bad) ideas, which can be found [here].

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8646/terminatecopyfu5.png

Quote[/b] ]I would suggest making the text stand out a little more (especially on the 1st one), the text needs to be the most evident, and so it should blend in (not being drastically different from it's surrounding in terms of style), but be clear.

I'd say only the first one. I know it can't be seen very well, but it was more a practice than anything.

nice to see were back on track. after small intermission and some placebos art.

JdB nice work. i also like the way you replied. its nice to see some suggestions and some examples. isnt it better than short discouraging comment? thumbs-up.gif

i have a question for all photoshop gurus. is there a way how to emulate very soft pencil on paper? help.gif

the only way i figured out was to make those little scratches as mask and use pencil #2 with very low opacity... but im still not satisfied with result sad_o.gif

i needed to stay awake so ive messed with PS once again. ive used layers, that i could revert easily. but they look nice on black background.

layer1tg8.jpg

layer2ft3.jpg

layer3da2.jpg

heh, my friend just saw the first 2 pic. and she thinks its pretty scary smile_o.gif maybe it would look good with 2 red burning eyes. or is that darkness more disturbing?

3am... goodnight.gif

The darkness is beter imo, otherwise it would look like some low budget hollywood movie monster.

As for the pencil question, there are alot of brushes available online, there has to be one that suits your requirements. Either a tablet (pressure sensitive), or the Opacity ruler should perfect it. You could take a look in the "Dry Media Brushes" collection of Photoshop (assuming you know how to change the Brush group). It has got some brushes that might be what you are looking for.

The darkness is beter imo
 i agree lol 

@Myst; your sigs are good, but the terminator for example is not at a good place, or something is strange. for the background try to give it some deep.

if you are interested about sigs: http://www.gfxintervention.com/v3/index.php

they are cool, and you will able to find a lot of tuts etc wink_o.gif

to make sig, i suck confused_o.gif

an example: nsigsw3.th.jpg

or some old stuff confused_o.gif (already put in this topic)

fem1ckd8.th.jpg

marble flower (already put in this topic)

fl1si9.th.jpg

or an other sig: a future city (put a long time ago in the GFXI forum):

twsn5.th.jpg

@Dante - i really love hitchhickers quide. amazing movie thumbs-up.gif but the text on your sig is hard to read.

the flower is nice. and so is the expression on that womans face.

@JdB - i know how to change brush sets. the problem is, that the noise texture is linked to the brush. i was wondering if theres a way how to link it with surface (background).

hm, im think im lucky. first, i decided not to buy arma because it contains a thing that cannot be named. than i was tempted once again coz my friend got me that game as a present for my names day. i was pretty hard to convince myself that i dont want it. so i made him to take it back to the shop...

and after celebratons my friend, whos (unluckly for me) a paranoid doctor, has forced me to stay in bed. so, i cant move away from computer, i have free time, i dont have arma... and most of all - my tablet is broken banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif ... and my IT guru is out of touch sad_o.gif

here are some updated pics. ive tried to color them. it was just a quick try, how it would look like. i have used selections and hue/saturation in image/adjustments.

any comments would be welcome.gif

eyessogreenfr0.jpg

lucinka3bjn0.jpg

any comments would be welcome.gif

Horrible... whistle.gif

But really, quite nice, but I like your black&white drawings better TBH thumbs-up.gif

@Verbal

Quote[/b] ]and so is the expression on that womans face

it's just a modified picture wink_o.gif

i like your drawings, but i don't like their backgrounds, the first face is really awesome, but its background, destroy the drawing. because this is the first thing, that we can see. i don't know how to explain that. sad_o.gif you should try with some other colors.

can i copy your picture to show some things?

@d@nte:

modified or not - that doesnt make that espression any less beautyful

i think i know what you mean about that background. the most important is, that Lennnnni (the girl on pic) loves it. those colors are her favorite.

which one you want to copy? anyway - go ahead. im a very curious person. so im looking forward to find out, what comes out of it.

@Garcia: if i was paid whenever i hear, that people are more used to my black and white pic (=they like it better wink_o.gif), i would be richer than bill gates biggrin_o.gif

and... my latest piece: my friend was hit by a car. and so was his girlfriend 2 weeks ago. same thing almost happened to me some months ago. but opposite to those two, i was lucky and escaped unharmed. so, if you have driving license, please, drive safely and carefuly...

sadrajw5.th.jpg

damn, that makes me miss flying. not that i have licence, but quite a lot of my friends have. its nice up there.

quick drawing i started earlier tonight. my friends kitty. her name is Kleo. and she finds my bed very comfortable. is it true, that cats sleep on their back only in place they find safe?

kleorn8.jpg

will finish it later - theres a horror movie about werewolves on tv wink_o.gif

Apparently it's very calming for dogs to lie on their back, and I suppose they only do it at a safe spot, so I guess it might as well be the same thing for cats.

A cat being on it's back in front of you is a very strong sign of trust, at least from an adult one.

yup... as its their most exposes/vunerable part of their body, and a position from which they cant as easily run away or defende themselves from.