Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

The Art thread

Not up to the standard of some (well most) of the stuff on here but here's a pic of a wiper motor I'm selling on EBay that I made from scratch to give it more subconscious impact on buyers biggrin_o.gif

forumpictv8.jpg

Not bad given I haven't had that much practice at this. I think I'd defo be able to do a decent re-skin now anyway smile_o.gif

A new month a new update! I have worked on the F-16 a bit more adding some lights around the tail, working on the nozzle and adding the AN/AAQ-14 Targetting component  of the LANTIRN System.

f-16c04122006-650.jpg

High Resolution Version

Hope you like it!

That's soooo sweet! The kind of picture that makes you want to upgrade your graphics card so you could get textures like this in game thumbs-up.gif

I feel like the slowest drawer ever. Almost done with the one I posted way back in April and updated in July. What was I thinking with my 25% & 50% done comments. I had a ways more to go.

101112_98k.jpg

Just about an inch across the top left. Think I did 2 this year. Better than none though. I need to try some small practice pics but I'm compelled to fill pages. Doodle OCD I guess smile_o.gif

The doodles are really nice creep_smell. You should blow it up to door poster size, would look really nice on a wall i think.

I was really impressed by Verbals Photoshop work on the drawings, it really adds to them alot. B&W or just Pen is nice, and sometimes they look better left as that, but for those drawings verbal I thought it made them look better. Below is my attempt at it. Unfortauntly my drawing skills are 0-not existance, but I was really impressed how much PS could add to a photo. On the top is the original, which i just took a picture of with a digi camera, then PS it. Managed to get a big green rubber staine out using PS too.

face1originalxb4.jpg

face1wg9.jpg

large

EDIT: and another one drawn then PS:

soldierfp4.jpg

nice pics everyone

this one didnt take much time. but made my friend smile, when she was down. and thats what it is all about.

spikeceesa3.jpg

working with layers in PS is fun. this made my eyes bleed

redsz6.th.jpg

heres small progress i made with greeneyed monster. the latest version is called "lost in a sea of blue". still long way to go. i wonder if ill ever finish it sad_o.gif

p><p><a  href=http://img301.imageshack.us/img301....MG]

http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/goodnight.gif' alt='goodnight.gif'>

recent military related random crap by me :

45468765662216156454jc5.jpg

Your typical guerilla/mercenary fighter :

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9192/0858854664ij5.jpg

siggif1compl3kp7.gif

The silhouettes I made and used in my sig.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/1609/tankpixel223oe7.jpg

Hastily made self portrait, doing what I do the best, chilling out :

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5170/autoportrait1dz7.jpg

nice. do you have any with "omg diploma banghead.gif"?

my latest piece:

marcipan003rd7.th.jpg

edit:

marcipanfinis004eyk0.th.jpg

hi-res here

final version to come. as soon as there is better light condition. not having scanner sucks sad_o.gif

Supah can you re-post your pics (the ultra detailed ones everyone was raving)... they're just red x's now...

@everyone... I hope you guys realize how blessed you are to be able to draw like this... seriously, what I'd give to be able to do this stuff... I struggle with stick figures tounge2.gif

Ahoy there! Thought it be time to drag this thread kicking and screaming back from the dead and show of some more my art!

Cow gun

"Hand" gun

"Hand" gun - original ink pen drawing

Motor Head

Face of war

Horse Bike

Mum Bot

Angel of War<---latest piece

Rest of my online gallery:

Deviant Art Gallery

Prints of some of my works are also available to buy!

Linky!

(Hey might as well at least try make some profit from something i enjoy doing) whistle.gif

*edit*

Heh, just looking back at the first post on this thread. My digital art has come a long way!

Hey!

Just to make things clear.

On the GFX void forum i am known As Sugz. And in some other forums. Here is an example of my Graphics work that i do just for fun, Here is an earlier piece and i am in the process of doing a Polaroid Camera. :-)

d587078889.jpg

Very nice work mate! smile_o.gif

What program did you use to make it?

Photoshop CS.

I tried using Illustrator but i found it harder to use the pen tool then CS.

But what you everything see is made up of individual shapes lare and small i just used numerous blending techniques to achieve a smooth Robbery Texture.

Thanks I would be glad to lend some tips if anyone needs them

Wow. Cool thread. Alot of talent! Verbal, that's some awesomely cool stuff. Love the shading in your latest piece!When I get more time I'm come back to this thread and check out all people's works...they look great. Haven't drawn in over a year due to work but here's a couple of mine to contribute...

jewelbi8.th.jpgchavezhj3.th.jpgguitaristyj9.th.jpg

Scans of the pictures, of the drawings that were drawn from pictures  crazy_o.gif  lol. I have a crutch  huh.gif  I use a grid to get every detail and proportion perfect and then erase the grid and shade it in. Shading is what I do best hehe

Sweet jesus, they are absolutely amazing. It must take decades of practice to get that good.