Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

The Art thread

adamicz please don't hotlink images greater than 100kb.

I merged Colonel Klink's "Attila the Hun" paper model into here as it's more art than OT.

didnt have much time to draw today - i was trying to get 2 monitors working. and i was sucessfull yay.gif now i need to get s3 trio64 to work. imagine - 3 monitors on one pc. grrrr, but windows are trying to resist my atempts. and suddenly all pc experts i know dont have time sad_o.gif

2 creepy:

im trying to figure out what does your art say about you. have you ever thought about it? im asking that question about myself. didnt found answer so far

heres small developnment of one pic posted before.

to quote creepy must... fill... whole... page

first step

second one - slowly filling empty space

slow022ti.th.jpg

Wow, nice, verbal. Very good. She's very beautiful... inlove.gif

The pictures you posted before were very good, also. And you asked about the "Lock up the wolves" picture (didn't you? crazy_o.gif), I think it's quite good. In my opinion, though, the woman could have some more details (minor thing, not necessary though) and she could be looking more forward, sort of disturbing when she looks right past you... confused_o.gif

Very nice profiles, supah. I'd love to get that black/grey painted Phantom hanging on my wall... thumbs-up.gif

Excellent OFP/reallife mix shots, HotShot, I showed them to few of my friends, one is a graphical artist, we'll see how they react...

Hmmm... maybe I should try to draw something, I'm relatively good sometimes... But for now, bon nuit, mes amies. goodnight.gif

thanks for feedback. youre right about the face. details, details... ill give it a thought. as for not looking forward... what makes you so special that would draw her attention to you? tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

maybe ill slightly edit those eyes. ad some details, more reflections. i dont know yet

latest version so far

as for my newest pic (still dont have a name for it, any suggestions?), at first i didnt find anything special about that face. but my friend liked her. it took me a while to found it has a certain charm. i have spend some time working on it today. ill update img in my previous post.

Creepy_Smell, I love your stuff. It sort of reminds me of the artwork for the boardgame Illuminati by Steve Jackson Games. Crap game, but the artwork is cool. smile_o.gif

2 creepy:

im trying to figure out what does your art say about you. have you ever thought about it? im asking that question about myself. didnt found answer so far

That I'm insane yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifnener.gif

Interesting question.

Somewhere in there it should show my loyalty/devotion as these take lots of time to complete and I've kept the same style for a while (That would also show my stubborness). I also dont worry about things much, which shows in my style as all this is freehand with no planning. If I make a mistake I blend it in to be part of the picture. I do see a lot of my interests buried in the imagery.

What I find weird is that my art could have been done at any time since its just ink on paper. The only thing different is whats in my head. Its just weird how what people have drawn has changed through the ages.

X-plane, still in doubt whether I should call here "the Non-Flying Brick" or go for the golden oldie, "the Widowmaker" whistle.gif

It's a ...... marker, modelled after the example right in front of me.

I wouldn't normally have done this kind of stuff, but I was bored and had nothing else to do sad_o.gifgoodnight.gif

my first experiment with ink:

p32000458io.th.jpg

i couldnt resist - use of light as a (pseudo)artistics expression

p32000412ce.th.jpgp32000392ih.th.jpg

p32000387et.th.jpg

p32000364jb.th.jpgp32000353xx.th.jpg

10_11_12_79K.jpg

Here is the current one I'm working on. This is about 25% of the page. I plan on adding an outline of a self portrait surrounded by my normal style.

Sorry Creepy Smell.. but that style is amazing and I couldn't help myself doing a lil bit of photoshopping to your first pic.

pyramideyescopy9tg.gif

Not an amazing qaulity save since I had to compress it so much for the 100kb limit crazy_o.gif

No problem Xcess. Glad you and others like em.

I've had lots of people want to see them with color, but I just a B&W kind of guy (Read: Too lazy smile_o.gif ). Though after spending so many hours just doing what I do now I dont want to think about coloring. I'd probably mess it up anyway and I like the b&w balance already.

The yellow makes it look kind of old or with water damage. That would look nice on a more mayan style image (I dig their imagery).

time to add something new. its allmost finished. im not happy with her tongue. but my computer is in desolate state so no time to rework it right now. it would be nice to get some feedback. so feel free to criticize

malejavelkaevo7gk.th.jpg

to view this pic click here. thumbnail doesnt seem to be working inside url tag sad_o.gif

This topic is great. I can see that this comunity is full of real artists, I'm well impressed.

I haven't posted in this forums for a looooooong time, but I have to post some of my Terragen pictures.

Flared mountines

The Coast Line

The Rock

I have more, and all I use is Terragen and PS.

And yes, Juanodaxis is me.

Regards.

@CERO.

..shiney..

I think you overdid the lens-flare effect on the first one, it's unnaturaly big.. Though you got it prefect on this onesmile_o.gif

- Ben

..shiney..

I think you overdid the lens-flare effect on the first one, it's unnaturaly big..

And also too bright, it's at some parts almost non-transparent.

144242733_e51faf3ed6_o.jpg

Posted in here because it's made up from a bunch of random photos (Didn't take any of them myself, their from the internet, and a magazine cover disc), which puts it out the category of Photography anyway,

besides, it was intended to look graphics (Since I really need to practice doing that sort of thing in PS)

I've no idea what I'm trying to make, I just started messing around with a few pictures, and this emerged..

I fell like making that tree get set on fire (In the rain, thus the "Strange Weather" title)

- Ben

helljeh7hj.gif

I made this today after forgetting to format my memory cards... It's supposed to be of Stockholm :P

Creepy_Smell, that's some kickass drawings! biggrin_o.gif