Sign in to follow this  
.kju

WGL Nogova Texture Replacement Pack

<span style='color:darkblue'>Credits</span>:

--------

<span style='color:darkred'>Phaeden (WGL Mod) for his awesome textures from samak hills.

Wouter (Scoutland Island) for his great textures.

CAT_SHIT_ONE (CAT Afghanistan Island) for his great textures.

Gummi (Gummi'S texture pack) for his great textures.

Dschulle, Rom, Snake Man for their excellent WrpTool.

Dschulle for his excellent PaN-Tool and the help with pal2pace.

raedor for his tip on the macro scheduler.</span>

<span style='color:darkblue'>How to</span>:

-------

~ Copy your (res) O.pbo to any custom modfolder (@wgl_noe\addons)

~ Unpbo the O.pbo

(with tools like "winpbo" by [HA]Voyager ! english section: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8010)

WinPBO tool relased (mirror)

WinPBO (ATWAR mirror)

~ Replace the textures from the (unpbo'ed) O-folder with these new ones.

~ Pack the O-folder (NO COMPRESSION !)

(~ delete the O-folder, NOT the pbo !)

~ Play the game with the modfolder active

<span style='color:darkblue'>Alternative way</span>:

----------------

Use "pbopatcher" - also by [HA]Voyager !

english section: http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7551

(also integrated in winpbo latest version)

<span style='color:darkblue'>Performance Information</span>:

------------------------

~ 512x512 textures

~ mainly .pac-format, a few in .paa

~ amount of textures in MB

95,0 MB (99.631.782 Bytes)

<span style='color:darkblue'>Additional Information</span>:

-----------------------

As this method does replace the textures from like within Ofp,

every island which uses them has of course these new ones too !

<span style='color:darkred'>Exchange the bright fields to the default green ground with this patch.</span>

wgl_o_texture_replacement_pack_patch.rar

(overwrite this single texture in the former updated o.pbo).

<span style='color:red'>DONT USE IT IN MULTIPLAYER - YOU WILL GET A MODIFIED FILE MESSAGE !</span>

best regards

F

and

Q

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Big thanks to wglcti and russin for hosting !</span></span>

wgl_o_texture_replacement_pack.rar

<span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Big thanks to ofpbase and HotShot for mirroring !</span></span>

wgl_o_texture_replacement_pack.rar

<span style='color:darkblue'>Screenshot Information</span>

Native Settings:

1280x1024

Viewdistance 3000

High Terrain Detail

Resized to 800x600 for the images.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Loving the new desert textures, but I have to say, those fields look a bit odd, on that slope like that

I like the fields, on hills like that they could resemble some grapevone fields aswell.

Thanks, top work thumbs-up.gif

well the quality of the first screen is quite bad as the camera

is zoomed out too much. looks a lot better ingame. the

compression to 800x600 did the rest.  banghead.gif

better screenshots required help.gif

looking good

Quote[/b] ]better screenshots required

If you want when ive got it installed i could take a few screens and send them to you.

Once again looks very good

It's still downloading so i cant speak from looking at it myself, but i use the CWC Islands Texture Replacement pack now instead of default BIS textures, and going by the screenshots this pack has similair textures, so nice job. I find troops blend in much better with these textures to BIS textures, and runways and cliffs in particular look alot better.

EDIT:

Mirror

alright ive had a quick play about on the island the textures them selves are damn good, but there are millions of light green farms all over the island this i dont think is your fault but it might be something to look into.

Also im using desert island replacer thing its desert island with different textures which look great but when i run with this the textures turn into grassy textures which dont suite a desert island much. I persume the files used were in the 0.pbo but if they were already desert means the area on nogova must of been desert but now since the textures are grassy must mean the textures on nogova are now grassy where they should be deserty?

Anyway very good work no performance hint at all very good.

Gotta agree, its nice looking but corn patches everywhere... on hills, on roads etc...

i desire to make it as a modfolder can ya re link the proper tools those links are dead help.gifbanghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]We might change the bright fields to the default green ground in a future version

wink_o.gif

remember we cant replace the schema like the textures were placed, so its only the question of replacement A to B.

as its no big deal to change, we should add another version today. its a matter of preference of course.

Quote[/b] ]I persume the files used were in the 0.pbo but if they were already desert means the area on nogova must of been desert but now since the textures are grassy must mean the textures on nogova are now grassy where they should be deserty

hm i dont think we replaced any desert texture to grass.

can you please give us a link to the pack you are using.

we will check the problem then.

Quote[/b] ]can you please give us a link to the pack you are using.

we will check the problem then.

Sorry have no link it was on ofp.info but thats down if you have dowloaded FFUR's Nordic replacement pack the desert island is in there its only one intro.wrp file very small.

Ive had a bit more of a play it all looks amazing apart from the light green fields which are every were some are even under roads not the best place to grow some crops.

I havent noticed anything bad apart from those fields shame the install didnt have to replace the 0.pbo can it be used in a mod folder? i would prefer it that way much more

Quote[/b] ]shame the install didnt have to replace the 0.pbo can it be used in a mod folder? i would prefer it that way much more

sry didnt get what u mean. rephrase please.

i would prefer if you could use this in a mod folder without needing to unpbo the addon copy and paste all the files in the download nad re pbo it i would prefer to just copy the fiels into a mod folder and run without needing to create backups

Hope thats easier to understand

Thank you for the texture replacement, I like the new dark look of the island, blends very well. smile_o.gif

The only downside, which is not your fault, is that the fields can be made out very clearly in strange locations. I dont know with what kind of intention they where placed, it almost looks like they where placed completly random without giving the location a simple thought. I mean as mentioned above, these fields are on steep sloopes (you could expect something like this in the Andes, but even there they would have used terrasses) and underneath objects, like houses and roads. Never made it out so good with the old crop fields, since they are darker, but those new light ones show the whole "crop-field-placement-desaster". crazy_o.gif

Well as i said its a predefined pattern.

The originial nogova textures were almost just the same as

the default grass, so no one really noticed the difference. we

like to have more variation.

anway here is the patch to remove the bright fields

wgl_o_texture_replacement_pack_patch.rar

(overwrite this single texture in the former updated o.pbo).

No, dont get me wrong, I like these new light fields, and the variety is worth it. I think that on user made islands the wheatfields are better placed, then the fields will come out nice. So the fields are nice as they are, only problem is how they appear on Nogova, but that is out off your influence with a replacement pack. wink_o.gif

Everything is fine, very nice pack. smile_o.gif

That trava2 file or whatever is overwritten in the patch was never meant to be a field in the original anyway - I never saw a field on the side of a hill in the original Nogova textures - would've sat out like a "sore thumb with a neon sign taped to it".