Sign in to follow this  
matt54

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Yes, you have to move slowly. If you do that and learn where the stationary MGs and snipers are positioned it`s much easier. In addition to that it`s very effective to use slow "cornering" with the "q" and "e" buttons on your keyboard. Go to a corner, watch around it and then move slowly to the side. That way you often see enemies without being seen yourself. Even if you only see a leg or foot go for it! Two hits through the good army boot finish any mexican rebel in GRAW. whistle.gif

I agree, but, after dieing 4 times at the same spot i usually just run for it, that way you also know where all the enemies are (in case you die and want to try it at the normal way again)

Haha, jsut got past the 3´rd level...finally!

Now the games getting fun again, sniping tangos out of their bunkers is more my taste than being pinned down in a cllapsed building by 3 tanks and about 30 bad guys whistle.gif

I found it also very helpful not to move in a straight line to my designated waypoint. It often worked out better to take a longer way. The maps in GRAW are quite big, so why don`t use what you are allowed to use. smile_o.gif

Yes, I also noticed the levels are designed with exploration in mind. I also noticed atleast one of the levels are semi dynamic depending on where you go. The level called Guardrail IX where you're a lone wolf and heading for this big jamming antenna. Depending on how far north or south you go the Blackhawk with the supplies will land either on the northern or southern area. Northern is the easiest approach.

That`s a mission where I ran to the landing zone. I set the bomb and blew away the antenna and started to run into the direction of the chopper. So I managed to cross the railway before the tank appeared. I just had to drop some enemy infantry and reached the chopper almost unharmed.

I was interested and looking forward to this game, havent even found time to try the demo yet biggrin_o.gif ... I read some about it and i dont think that:

a) My oll toaster can handle it with more than 5 fps.

b) Game is worth buying a high end toaster.

c) It looks that great confused_o.gif .

I think the GR series is cursed to not even come close to BI software notworthy.gif .

The GR series and OFP are totally different in gameplay. OFP is a warfare simulation and feels totally unique. GRAW in contrast feels like playing a highly improved DF Black Hawk Down. It`s fun but, well, totally different rofl.gif

And that`s a good thing!

FallenPaladin strokes his OFP GOTY box smile_o.gif

Good thing they've released a patch early... that coop bug really needed fixing.

Well, i just finished the campaign. And im impressed, i really liked the game, and the story was nice aswell.  smile_o.gif

(anyone knows how long they did about the campaign?, oh and does someone know how to unpack the .bank music files? i can open them with VLC media player but it only plays the first sound)

Ofpforum, what did you think of the AI? Personally... banghead.gif

Seriously, I think that smilie just found its best use ever.

The GR series and OFP are totally different in gameplay. OFP is a warfare simulation and feels totally unique. GRAW in contrast feels like playing a highly improved DF Black Hawk Down.

I play both games the same way - very slow and careful, whereas in the DF games run'n'gun worked most of the time.

I think GRAW reminds me more of H&D2 than the DF-series.

Now if we could get some modding tools I'd be a happy puppy.

I've managed to make the Barret M99 a semi-auto with a 10 round mag, but having 10x19 rounds is a little overkill. Still looking for where the amount of mags are defined. I've also corrected the Beretta M9 mag-capacity and made the G18 and M9 more unique in behaviour. GRIN made them equally deadly, but in real life the G18 is only a .380 (9x17). The game should reflect this.

Ofpforum, what did you think of the AI? Personally...  banghead.gif

Sometimes it was great, they kept firing at my position so i couldnt move, ran for cover etc...

BUT! While one guy was firing and screaming, some other guy sitting 5 meter away behind a corner kept looking the other way, even after i killed his friends, and this happened more then often.. crazy_o.gif (Medium difficulty)

Well, I actually meant the teammates... I think the enemy AI is good enough to give anyone a challenge. But it's like the teammates live in 2 minutes ago, at least that's if you set them to "follow". Sometimes they get stuck, sometimes they just won't obey. I generally find that the teammates slow me down.

Well, yeah, they stay too long at their old position before they follow me, but, as long as you just keep walking instead of running theyll follow you close enough...

I especially like how they take cover, they really know where to place themselfs, while in OFP an AI soldier will just stay in formation, these guys will go and stand behind corners and lean, behind cars, etc smile_o.gif

I have made a "simple" mod that declutters the screen and makes it less flashy and arcade-like (in my eyes anyway).

Here's what it does:

- All 4 bars in the corners are gone

- All crosshairs for rifles, smgs handguns and the lmg has been removed

- The handgrenade and grenadelauncher crosshair has been changed to red (to reflect an explosive weapon)

- Health, Ammo and member-select frames are dark grey (less flashy) and smaller in size

- The member-select frame has been moved to the bottom of the screen

- The Crosscom video (wireframe-window) has been removed

- The N,S,W and E on the compass has been replaced by digits (0, 180, 270 and 90) plus 45 degree increments

- Blue diamonds are now yellow-brownish

- Red diamonds are now dark yellow

- The MP hud-chat window has been removed (text still appear as normal)

graw_hud_v01.jpg

Download link (58KB)

All you need to do is extract this file to your \GRAW\data\-folder and off you go.

If you already have a gui-folder there I can not guarantee how the end-result will be like. I recommend you delete the existing files in your gui-folder for this mod to work.

Does the mod alter the max carrying capacity aswell?

On the pic you seem to carry alot more stuff than my graw dudes can take  huh.gif

No, that inventory shows a SCAR-L with SD, scope and grenadelauncher, a M9, handgrenades and a Zeus launcher.

But I am trying to find where the amount of mags are defined.

I have made a semi-auto of the M99 with a 10 round mag, but 19 mags are way too much to carry around...

I'm also looking into getting modified weapon-params to work without having to run the game completely extracted (5-6 times longer loading times).

@Shadow: Thanks for the Hud mod. I've been searching the various ghost recon sites hoping to find something like this. Those crosshairs were driving me nuts!

Many thanks!

Buggs notworthy.gif

GRAW HUD v1.1

Quote[/b] ]V 1.1

- Grenadelauncher-crosshair is black and the digits indicating distance have been removed

- Handgrenade-crosshair is black

- All friendly and enemy markers (diamonds) have been removed

- Number-markers on your team members are half the size

- The objective marker has been removed (carrot pointing to the general direction is still there)

- On-screen order menu is now dark grey to match the rest of the HUD

V 1.0

- The handgrenade and grenadelauncher crosshair has been changed to red (to reflect an explosive weapon)

- Health, Ammo and member-select frames are dark grey (less flashy) and smaller in size

- The N,S,W and E on the compass has been replaced by digits (0, 180, 270 and 90) plus 45 degree increments

Shadow, you should submit that to ghostrecon.filefront.com . Don't worry about the ghostrecon thing, its focus is on Advanced Warfighter.

Nah. Just a bunch modified XML files. Anyone can do that. Besides, its already posted at UBI's GRAW forum. I might upload a mod when I have made a real mod some time.

My clean HUD v1.2 is available here

Complete changelog:

Quote[/b] ]V 1.2

- Removed the last marker (carrot pointing to the general objective area)

- Moved the members list slightly higher to make room for the 2nd tank icon

- Reduced the overall size of the compass and put the numbers inside the circle

- Brought back the yellow player-waypoint from the map-screen (distance doesnt show though)

V 1.1

- Grenadelauncher-crosshair is black and the digits indicating distance have been removed

- Handgrenade-crosshair is black

- All friendly and enemy markers (diamonds) have been removed

- Number-markers on your team members are half the size

- The objective marker has been removed (carrot pointing to the general direction is still there)

- On-screen order menu is now dark grey to match the rest of the HUD

V 1.0

graw_hud_v012.jpg

Thank, Shadow. (Works in the demo too, if anyone's curious).

Now has someone figured out how to kill the movies.