Sign in to follow this  
BlackAlpha

Patrolling and messages

I got 3 questions. This is for co-op by the way.

How can I let a soldier patrol and attack the enemy if he hears gunshots in the distance? What I'm currently using is simply a MOVE waypoint but they just go prone and continue following the patrol route. They don't investigate.

How can I let the enemy call in reinforcements when they see a dead body? What I'm currently doing is simply sending in those reinforcements when a certain unit is dead but that's not really the way I want it.

How do I use those messages that appear in the bottom left and make that "bling" sound, for example when you complete an objective?

Thanks in advanced.

the bling in the HINT command in a script, and the rest I presume you wait untill www.ofpec.com is back online.

All is there in ready to use scripts.

goodnight.gif

Try using "Grouplink 2" script by Keycat.

It makes the AI very smart. They can call other groups for support, they can call for arty, they will hunt you, they throw smoke & fire flares when they need to.

Best script I've ever used. Only for res though.

The messages in bottom left are either sidechat, vehiclechat or maybe global chat.

How do I use those messages that appear in the bottom left and make that "bling" sound, for example when you complete an objective?

I think you mean the channels. You can make Papa_Bear say something by writing

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[West, "HQ"] sidechat "This is Papa_Bear, and I'm talking at west sidechannel, wich have a blue color..."

You can also make the group leader say something, but I dont remember how. As Johan_D said, we'll have to wait for ofpec...

smile_o.gif

Thanks guys. Where can I find the "hint" sound?

EDIT: Found group link script.

You make a Hint like this:

In trigger or script you type: Hint "your text here"  and you will hear the ping sound when the Hint appears.

To have text come from leader just name the leader then type this in a trigger or script: Leader sidechat "your text here"

You can also use the commands: globalchat and vehiclechat but sidechat is the most common. Everyone on that side will see the message.

If you refer to the comref you'll get alot of your answers there.

Edit: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/docs/comref_102002/data/comref.html

Somebody may have a made a "detect dead bodies" script - I know LCD was working on one a long time ago - but its very, very difficult. You have to detect if there is a line of sight between the loon and the body, and that means detecting folds in the ground, buildings, trees, vehicles .... and then do the second order checking, like windows in buildings and destroyed trees.

Got another problem. When I play the map online, in the top of the briefing screen it says __cur_mp. When I preview the map in the editor I don't get that so how do I fix it?

Hm, maybe you should thoroughly check the Mission Editing FAQ thread firts before you begin with (serious) editing? wink_o.gif

In Intel section of your mission (where you set date, time, weather and other stuff of your mission in Mission Editor) type the name of your mission.