Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

AGS Harbor & Building Pack

p2.0.jpg

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Harbor Pack 2.0</span>

AGS_Harbor_Pack_2.0.zip , 5.7MB (Right click -> Save as...)

If you've ever tried to make the harbor with the old pack, you surely know it was pretty much impossible to position objects correctly. This pack fixes it by introducing whole new set of improved, AI friendly harbor objects. It's backwards compatibile, too. Comes with a demo island and a short WRP tutorial.

----------------------------------------------------------

b2.6.jpg

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Buildings Pack 2.6</span>

AGS_Buildings_Pack_2.6.zip, 5.4MB (Right click -> Save as...)

No big changes here. The updated version features a variety of new sidewalk and street pieces, also parking lot ground textures by phaeden (the ones from USMC Gaia) and a hospital building. I've also made some minor texture improvements.

Enjoy. smile_o.gif

PS. Thank you to all beta testers. Please re-download the files, I've done some "last-minute" changes. wink_o.gif

Thanks alot AG Smith for this excellent new harbour pack, I love the new possibilities that the pack offers. I will put it to good use in my next map. The new additions to the city pack sound excellent too, specially the sidewalks were needed for modern city maps. thumbs-up.gif

Awesome work! Sorry I didn't get round to replying to your PM, totally forgot about it. Gonna try this out now. smile_o.gif

notworthy.gif

Yup! What a surprise!!! Just in time......... wink_o.gif

Great job ag_smith!

Klavan

the buildingpack looks good. i hope i see it on some islands. smile_o.gif

the buildingpack looks good. i hope i see it on some islands. smile_o.gif

There're some more goodies coming next week. wink_o.gif

The sever thingy... it was suggested by commando84, inspired by The Rock movie... it's pretty cool, huh? You know... A quiet infiltration with Zodiac, you go through the severs and you appear out of nowhere behind your enemy back... biggrin_o.gif

What I suggest for everybody to try, is to place some OPFOR with Guard waypoint somewhere near the containers and then start taking them down. They'll go out to hunt you down in the container labirynth. OFP CQB as good as it gets, methinks. wow_o.gif

i like goodies tounge2.gif

good job on the updates Ag Smith

the sidewalks is a very gud addition to the already gr8 pack

and im sure the sewer system is gonna be awesome....i wud love to get Lsr's SEALs dirty biggrin_o.gif

Yo ag_smith!

ive found a small bug, it was on the first release too, the pictures are in the air, its that office building what you can go on the ground in, think you know which one is it wink_o.gif

here a pic:

this building:

http://mdk-clan.de/content/images/ags_bug1.jpg

That bug:

http://mdk-clan.de/content/images/ags_bug2.jpg

ltrs

Yeah, I know about this one, there is also a similar problem with those small plants in the hall, floating midair.

It's kind of difficult to fix since it doesn't happen all the time. In O2 proxies are positioned correctly, but somehow, sometimes they get misplaced ingame. huh.gif

First off, excellent work on this update. Big fan of your stuff, they make islands look more modern. smile_o.gif

One question though, is the length of the pavement.p3d changed in the new version? Since, after I updated, I get these gaps between every piece. Or is it just my error I did somewhere (also highly likely biggrin_o.gif ). I think I must rebuild all the sidewalks in the city. Oh well. banghead.gifsmile_o.gif

One question though, is the length of the pavement.p3d changed in the new version? Since, after I updated, I get these gaps between every piece. Or is it just my error I did somewhere (also highly likely biggrin_o.gif ). I think I must rebuild all the sidewalks in the city. Oh well. banghead.gifsmile_o.gif

Yeah, that's possible I cut it down a few cm. Sorry about that, I was trying to make sure all the objects have even dimensions (I mean errrrm.... integer number of meters). Hopefully, this will make aligning them much easier now. icon_rolleyes.gif

Here's something important for all the map makers using WRPTool.

Many people reported that some objects are not recognized properly as ODOL files. This seems to be a bug in WRPTool. You can easily fix it by removing preceding "\" from object path. That's what at least worked for me.

Eg.

Wrong way:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">\AGS_inds\f3wx_factory.p3d

Should be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">AGS_inds\f3wx_factory.p3d

If you're using some of the additional preview packs released out there, you'll also have to edit your objects.ini and icon_images.ini - same deal here, you have to remove the "\" from each object path.

Hope this helps.

Ok no worries. Luckily I made every block in the city have the same size, so it was just a matter of making one block by hand and then just copy/paste the rest. smile_o.gif Again, very nice work! I love it. smile_o.gif

*Thinks out loud about having a static container ship for some quality CQB*

Great work, especially on the AI compatability. I was sucessfully able to get a boatload of AI to drive up to a pier (one with stairs) and, with a little scripting, unload on to it. The only problem is that I can't get AI to properly patrol the piers because I can't tell where all of the containers and structures are on the map. And the integer values are great, it didn't take long to place objects on top of the piers since the height was exactly 4.

The only problem is that I can't get AI to properly patrol the piers because I can't tell where all of the containers and structures are on the map.

Yeah, well, can't have everything done as we want. :/ One idea is to place the waypoints at the corners of segments as those are always free of containers and there're also AI paths along the edges on all sections. smile_o.gif