Sign in to follow this  
brataccas

Far Cry directx10 gfx video.

Crysis isnt supposed to be a (semi)military simulator, right?  tounge2.gif

EDIT: And by your logic everyone will just play Crysis because it looks nice... rofl.gif

Yea, i was under the impression crysis is a FPS shooter, not a realistic milliraty sim like flashpoint. Im expecting the pretty unoriginall things like being able to carry a crazy amount of weapons, run around jumping and firing at the same time, no prone position, and crazy arse monsters and things.

Im not saying its a bad thing, and it can be quiet entertaining but it shouldnt be compared with Armed Assault. There both quiet different things. Ones a FPS the others a Sim. whistle.gif

Crysis is nothing like Armed Assault and has nothing in common with it. Not only is it a FPS but if it's anything like Far Cry it's also extremely restricted and linear when compared to Armed Assault.

I won't be playing Crysis because much like Half Life 2 it's likely to be overhyped, unimpressive (except maybe graphically) and extremely boring.

On the other hand I've been playing OFP for 5 years and expect to be playing Arma for another 5, or until Game 2 arrives. You really think Crysis is going to last 6 months, let alone 5 years?

Here's what'll happen: I get ArmA get an initial wow at the new features and improvements, play it, if time allows start modding it, apply other mods too, play it a lot more (A LOT more), more mods, buy game 2 - die of excitement after bombing some cities to heaps of rubble.

Then... i rent out crysis or borrow it from a friend or something, get the initial wow at the new graphics (yea right my comp won't be able to handle it anyway), then play it for 2 week tops drop it like a hot potato and forget about it and it's lame sci-fi story.

Here's what'll happen: I get ArmA get an initial wow at the new features and improvements, play it, if time allows start modding it, apply other mods too, play it a lot more (A LOT more), more mods, buy game 2 - die of excitement after bombing some cities to heaps of rubble.

Then... i rent out crysis or borrow it from a friend or something, get the initial wow at the new graphics (yea right my comp won't be able to handle it anyway), then play it for 2 week tops drop it like a hot potato and forget about it and it's lame sci-fi story.

rofl.gif QFT

Also Arma and game 2 for me are mor eimportant for their editing features seeing as i like to take some time to sit back and simulate engagements between forces of the make up which i choose. and also with game 2 and the apparent desturction system in it! well lets just say you won't be able to tear me away from that game for many a year and my girlfreind willb e neglected

CyberPunk,  I believe you have only played OFP in single player, or CTF online - I could be wrong.  But you don't seem to know the core reason for OFP/ArmA's existance, or our enthusiasm for it. Try a few good CTI's or Coop's online if you can find them anymore.  Then you'll see (or not), why we're excited.  

P.S. For this to work, you need at least a 10 min attention span.

Oh, and BIS...  notworthy.gifrofl.gif

the thing is Arma isnt getting made by EA and Arma will accutily play on normel PC not 2 CPU 3ghz state of the art stuff. wink_o.gif

how can u state what the spec are going to be as Arma hasnt said yet and if u think back to when ofp first came out to what was a top of the range pc then it did require a 1ghz system to run a mission and i think at the time all those years ago 1ghz was quite a good machine,

Scrub cyberpunk does play cti online as ive seen him on there a few times as compared to urself ive never come across ur name

Well.... after seeing the videos from Crysis I should advise anyone that:

1- You will play Armed Assault because you LOVE Flashpoint

2- You will play Armed Assault, but when Crysis will be out you drop it.

3- You will continue playing Operation Flashpoint.

4- You will search google for Crysis and check the videos

5- BIS will release Armed or Game 2 only when they achieve the features of the concurrency.

Its said, but its true. They have lots of resources, programmers, designers, market and publicity. Its a titanic fight against the capitalists from EA and their parterns.

Good luck BIS

sad_o.gif

what a stupid comparison - no comment.

1. What happened in Far cry when you wanted to shoot through iron sights? NOTHING!

2. What happened in Half life when you wanted to shoot through iron sights? NOTHING!

3. What will happen in Crysis when you'll want to shoot through iron sights? NOTHING!

Because you couldn't. They all look great, but thats not good enough.

And that's just a small part. When i read that aliens will disembark from big asterod and attack Earth kind of storyline, i wet my pants.

But not because i like it. People can play what ever games they want, and that's their right. But how can OFP or ArmA be compared with Crysis? No way! We still play OFP and we'll continue to do so, not because it's graficaly superior, but because it has great gameplay, and most important, it has great supporting addon and mod making community.

Edit: Go BIS! notworthy.gif

well poor GFX yes, but hey! we've been with poor GFX for 5 years now, do we really care about that? icon_rolleyes.gif

For me, its kind of role-playing, im a soldier on the battlefied.

And therefore I want realistic war simulations game of course, which OFP still is beyond any competion.(Besides Battleground Europe and of course the "real" soldier sim VBS1.)

I dont give a flying fuzz about graphics primary, the gameplay comes first! But what I´ve seen from Armed assault so far on graphic just makes me even dream about the release day.

So anyway, its a bad comparison from my point of view in gaming. I mean, why not compare it too Elder scrolls 4:oblivion for that matters. The only other thing/game Armas Assault can be compared too, is VBS2.....seriously. I dont have high hope for Enemy in sight but I could be wrong of course, I dont mind good competion in this area since there is none and hasnt been one for 5 freaking years! smile_o.gif

Hmm Crysis

At the end its like all the other games... its new so it has awesome graphics but other than that it will be pretty much the same as all the other shooters.

And like always youre pretty fast done with it and start to play the good ol OFP or in that case ArmA again...

Will this topic survive?

LOL rofl.gif

Movie analogy: Saving Private Ryan VS Doom

Not the same thing.

UUHhh another useless topic, at least you could of picked a similar game to compare.... crazy_o.gif

UUHhh another useless topic, at least you could of picked a similar game to compare.... crazy_o.gif

I think he saw the Crysis video two minutes before he posted this, still impressed by the graphics.

Crysis is promising us wide open spaces, dynamic and unscripted AI, and real-time day/nightcycle... guess what: Farcry promised us thesame fucking thing! rofl.gif

Edit: and Farcry never had them btw wink_o.gif .

Well however Crysis is just another FPS game. As always the gfx is better than before and stuff like that. but it will always stay an FPS. ArmA is something that can't be matched to this because it is a Soldier sym. The same thing with this BF2 ... It is just a shooter and nothing special.

Real time day and night cycles?!?!?!

What will they think of next? Multiple gunner positions in crysis 2 anyone?!

Except for incredible graphics, Crysis is just a old dull FPS-

game. Nothing revolutionary with the gameplay.

ArmA however.. Mention one other game which has 400

sq.km of land with no loading in-between locations.

Though I am a OFP/ArmA fan so I might be brainwashed. yay.gifwink_o.gif

Far Cry was pretty entertaining single-player and the A.I. seemed a lot more "alive" than OFP:R's (after all, they talk, taunt, react, etc.), and the map editor in FC:I is the best I've ever seen for adversarial map-making; however, OFP:CWC/OFP:E have been much more immersive and I'm sure ArmA will, too.

Very nice looking game though.

But it’s not qualified enough to be compared with lets say arma or game 2. tounge2.gif

You used how shiny the game looks as the most important aspect in your comparison. And I think its not. rock.gif

Merged topic comparing ArmA to Crysis with existing Far Cry/Crysis topic. smile_o.gif