Sign in to follow this  
brataccas

Far Cry directx10 gfx video.

BTW, what so special about realtime day/night settings? OFP has it for near 5 years now :/ Doesn't really need dx10 now does it.

Apparantly the time becomes so much nicer and faster and more efficient in DX10 tounge2.gif

Especially for all these games who've never had realtime day/night.

In a german Gamemagazine [ Gamestar ] was a big article about Crysis.

here some new pictures:

19660.jpg 19662.jpg 19664.jpg

19666.jpg 19668.jpg

19670.jpg

I think it's a little bit like Game2? [soldiers]

There is also a big article about publisher, mabye interessting for bis. smile_o.gif

Oh boy, that nearly looks real but I can't even image what power-pc you need to run that :P *goes back to play Doom 1*

Hoooly sh**!  wow_o.gif

The pic on the right looks amazingly real.

Lets hope they dont overdo the shinyness. That pic is just fantastic the way it is.

Only 2 bad things I can think of about Crysis:

[*]EfuckingA is the publisher

[*]Crytek has said there will be no coop support

holy shiote would a 7800GTX handle that?  wow_o.gif

Problably but Radeon X1900XTX is more likely to produce the desired result, or atleast nvidia's answer to it.

I think those who invested in all latest high end video cards wont give them much use if you look how crappy 2005/6 PC games turned out.

Its interesting how a $400 console platform (xbox360) features more advanced graphics hardware than the latest currently available for PC for a much lower price icon_rolleyes.gif .

Thats part of the reason why PC gaming is going down hill, people are afraid of upgrading expensive HW, HW is progressing very fast and the amount of games available dont justify the investment anymore.

Crysis shouldnt come out this year anyway...

Dx10 is - according to the rumor reports - more for providing the graphics infrastructure for WinVista.

It's Dx10 that is going to demand that we all run out and buy gfx7800's just to check email or web forums due to the fancy 3D user interface.

It's Dx10 that is going to lock up the DRM including HDCP monitors. Check your brand-new expensive LCD, and get ready toss it out in the trash when it won't play DVD's or only in fuzzy thumbnails because your display is not 'secure'.

It's Dx10 that is going to not only deprecate DX7, 8, and 9 API calls (which is normal course) but also remove them from the dx3d.dll and related interfaces, leaving you with a much less accessible wrapper for 'old' applications. Whether theres a performance loss in those wrappers or not remains to be seen, the intent is to force developers to change over.

It's Dx10 that's going to limit OpenGL to rev. 1.4 without shaders running in an emulation wrapper (goodbye Doom3/Quake4/XSI/Maya/3Dlabs/Quadro/Lightwave/etc) unless you run a vendor driver, which then is forced to switch out of the Windows graphics system to execute 'unsupported' library calls.

Maybe you should read a few white papers and get your facts straight.

None of that is even remotely true and nothing more than scare-tactics from anti-MS people.

@Kegetys

I hear your comments and understand your worries, however, I have seen the new API. They are trying to push forward language specific wrappers that can allow for updated API changes without the need to change much (if any) code. Granted, MS has been pushing for managed code and not many are accepting it, however, from a development stand-point many of us have made the leap and will not look back to unmanaged code anymore. We will leave that to the language creators and their extreme knowledge of efficiency. It's like lifting a huge rock off of our back. I would rather write code that allows me to design/write an application (or better yet.. a game) and not worry about whether my pointer is working properly.

Guest Ti0n3r

Oh my holy fkin god! crazy_o.gif

Looks like the nextgen of games is here yay.gif

Edit: I hope the NGPCG will look like that.. I hope hehehe

That looks insane.. *Downloads trailer*

Those screenies have gone someway in convincing me to buy a Xbox360, that and the downloadable demos/free xbox live makes it very tempting...

*Prods trailer downloads*

- Ben

Quote[/b] ]Its interesting how a $400 console platform (xbox360) features more advanced graphics hardware than the latest currently available for PC for a much lower price .

Thats part of the reason why PC gaming is going down hill, people are afraid of upgrading expensive HW, HW is progressing very fast and the amount of games available dont justify the investment anymore.

It's also interesting how none of the games released on an xbox system that SHOULD have mouse + kb support, still don't fucking have it.

Quote[/b] ]Its interesting how a $400 console platform (xbox360) features more advanced graphics hardware than the latest currently available for PC for a much lower price  .

It's also interesting how none of the games released on an xbox system that SHOULD have mouse + kb support, still don't fucking have it.

Its also very interesting to see new games on the 360 alive and moving and still dont look as good as a real PC-game.

I bought a 360 and Far Cry Instinct Predator yesterday.

When I compare it to the normal Far Cry on PC (w/SM3.0 and HDR) I see a few differences. Mostly the 360 version has lower res textures (they are butt-ugly up close), shorter view-distance, extremely short decal life. Polycount is about the same as on the PC I would assume. The thing the 360 use more is shader-effects for blurring the screen. Now take all that stuff and consider the x360 only renders at 1280x720.

The xbox is hyped up nomatter how you twist and turn it.

FC Inst-Pred wold have looked better on a PC and would have run the same or faster on a modern gaming PC today.

I'm not saying the X360 is bad, its just not all that the hype is making it out to be.

Bring on Vista and DX10 and the X360 (and probably PS3) will soon be forgotten.

PC and console gaming are two very different things, from many angles... Both are played differently, games that work perfectly on a PC quite often suck on Xbox, and vice versa (Mainly due to the keyboard/mouse and joypad thing.. But they work on their right platform)

A keyboard/mouse wouldn't work with a console, if nothing else you'd need to be too close to the TV for them to work, console games are designed to use a joypad of some kind.. Consoles are designed to be played sitting on a sofa, perferably with friends.. Ever tried to play a game iwht more than one person sitting a single PC? It rarely works (Worms is the one exeption tounge2.gif)

As to why graphics are generaly better on things like the Xbox360.. The hardware cobination on consoles is about 1 (Maybe a small revision here and there, but nothing major), hardware combination on PCs.. nearly infinite..

Developers know what their developing for with consoles..

Annnyway.. In short, stop comparing PC and consoles tounge2.gif

Watched that trailer.. It's.. shiney.. But the single most disapointing thing? When they go into the scope view, IT'S THE EXACT SAME WAY AS SCOPES HAVE COME UP SINCE GAMES LIKE DELTA FORCE! *Raise scope up a bit, fade out, fade to scoped view*

Is it really so hard to blend them to a single animation, and allow you to acctualy look down the scope? confused_o.gif

- Ben

PC and console gaming are two very different things, from many angles...

Yeah, one is missing keyboard and mouse  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]A keyboard/mouse wouldn't work with a console, if nothing else you'd need to be too close to the TV for them to work

Not really. I've had my pc connected to the same projector I use with the Xbox. I had absolutely no problem typing on the keyboard and reading it on the screen. Playing games was also no problem either. I don't get your arguement there.

Quote[/b] ]console games are designed to use a joypad of some kind..

In that case, a FPS game is a console-game?  huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]As to why graphics are generaly better on things like the Xbox360..

It might be better looking than other current-gen consoles but it ain't better looking than what my PC can produce.

Quote[/b] ]Annnyway.. In short, stop comparing PC and consoles tounge2.gif

You're the one who started comparing PC and consoles. I compared FC to FC:IP.

Oh my holy fkin god! crazy_o.gif

Looks like the nextgen of games is here yay.gif

Edit: I hope the NGPCG will look like that.. I hope hehehe

I hope the gameplay / AI can back this up. yay.gif

PC and console gaming are two very different things, from many angles...

Yeah, one is missing keyboard and mouse wink_o.gif

Erm, my point was consoles have always been intended to be more casualy played.. Not many people have a keyboard sitting next to their couch..

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]A keyboard/mouse wouldn't work with a console, if nothing else you'd need to be too close to the TV for them to work

Not really. I've had my pc connected to the same projector I use with the Xbox. I had absolutely no problem typing on the keyboard and reading it on the screen. Playing games was also no problem either. I don't get your arguement there.

This isn't my point.. My point isn't that the games wouldn't work with a keyboard, it's that not how consoles are designed.. Consoles are designed to be played sitting in your living room, PCs are designed to be played sitting a desk behind a keyboard..

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]console games are designed to use a joypad of some kind..

In that case, a FPS game is a console-game? huh.gif

Erm, I mean controls for console games HAVE to be reworked if they are used. Almost no one plays consoles with a keyboard (Not saying it's not possible, just saying it never happens)

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]As to why graphics are generaly better on things like the Xbox360..

It might be better looking than other current-gen consoles but it ain't better looking than what my PC can produce.

I wasn't talking specificly to you.. I was speaking in general.. Lots of people don't have extremely high-end systems, and games that look good, while they work, don't look as good, or don't perform as consitently as console games (Again, because their made for a specific range of hardware)

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Annnyway.. In short, stop comparing PC and consoles tounge2.gif

You're the one who started comparing PC and consoles. I compared FC to FC:IP.

Same as last quote, I wasn't talking to/about you in particular, what promted me was thinking that FC:IP was the console variation of the original Far Cry.. I've played Far Cry on the xbox and it was total different.. If consoles are just PCs with joypads, why did they have to rework everything for a new platform? That doesn't make sense, which shows I wasn't talking directly to you..

Incase you can't tell, I'm bored, it's by no means an attack on you smile_o.gif

I'm also fairly tired, which explains any bits I've screwed up on, so forgive me for that icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben

{Edit 1 : It seems I screwed up the quotes by not putting in start quote code.. I might sort this tomorrow when I'm less asleep..}

{Edit 2 : Fixed quotes, I think}

..shiney.. I want to know, though.. A, what hardware were those screenshots taken on

B, what FPS they got tounge2.gif

- Ben

Far cry instincts is a piss poor way to determine X360's performance as it is a mere conversion of the original far cry for XBOX.

Well.... after seeing the videos from Crysis I should advise anyone that:

1- You will play Armed Assault because you LOVE Flashpoint

2- You will play Armed Assault, but when Crysis will be out you drop it.

3- You will continue playing Operation Flashpoint.

4- You will search google for Crysis and check the videos

5- BIS will release Armed or Game 2 only when they achieve the features of the concurrency.

Its said, but its true. They have lots of resources, programmers, designers, market and publicity. Its a titanic fight against the capitalists from EA and their parterns.

Good luck BIS

sad_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Dunno what Crysis has to do with anything, it's a sci-fi FPS. huh.giflocked6vi.gif

Crysis might have better gfx, so what? People still play OFP although it isn't quite up to par gfx wise with the everything else that has come and gone over the many years. You, sir, are a gfx whore.

the thing is Arma isnt getting made by EA and Arma will accutily play on normel PC not 2 CPU 3ghz state of the art stuff. wink_o.gif