Sign in to follow this  
Spoock

Open Letter to the BIS

Hi,

Every fan waiting for ArmA. I created this topic as letter for BIS. Will be end of January and we haven´t some news about development.

We would like some screens from game. Info about new skills in ArmA, short ingame movie (from MP??) or demo.

SCORE trailer is poor. Where is some new??

<span style='color:red'>Please!!! I need some new screens for my pleasure. banghead.gif</span>

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=434 HEIGHT=305><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://czechforces.euweb.cz/avatar_forum/logo_letter.swf><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://czechforces.euweb.cz/avatar_forum/logo_letter.swf WIDTH=434 HEIGHT=305 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

I think the letter needs to be longer for BIS to react wink_o.gif

take a look at the VBS thread and delight in the incredible things that are coming our way

The "ArmA movie" is NOT a trailer for crying out loud! it was not released by Bis!

Also, I doubt the people at Bis would even open a topic titled "open letter to the BIS". not to mock your grammer or anything, but your entire execution of this "letter" is wrong.

=) The new VBS1 screens are nice but they don't have new effects like proper shadows, lightning and the like.

VBS isn´t ArmA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! goodnight.gif

Here we go again. Another pointless thread!  pistols.gif

Even Placebo has given up!    rofl.gif

Either it will happen or it wont. No amount of whinning is gonna change anything!  whistle.gif

My gues is BIS is so busy making ArmA that has no time for information. Either that or it has signed up to some publisher who is preparing the relevant promotional material prior to release. .......Let's just wait and see.....

very real tactic from BIS. BIS´s forum have plenty locked topics tounge2.gif

PLACEBO is good guy and I hope that public acceptance will be incline one's ear. inlove.gif

BIS ArmA team is very busy, but some one exist who control their work. only ONE can send new information. SUMA send me letter that officil mouth is PLACEBO and I say: Is he ONE? tounge2.gif

BIS must have some new trailer or screen on their HDD smile_o.gif

Since when was the end of January (which is still a week away by the way) a significant date?

Im not a marketing expert but given a date of ~H1 2006, i'd expect a media blackout until E3.

Good things come to those who.......

This "Open Letter" is not going to cause BIS to release info any sooner... just force them to lock yet another thread requesting screens and info.

New info will not make the game get here faster... so just look forwards to the release of the game, and anything you here/see before that.... is a bonus.

And your "open letter" is just a very short request post, which I might add is not allowed on the Arma boards. I believe you need to learn the deffinition of an "open letter".

Quote[/b] ]BIS ArmA team is very busy, but some one exist who control their work. only ONE can send new information. SUMA send me letter that officil mouth is PLACEBO and I say: Is he ONE?

The One? You mean like Neo?

Placebo's the Community/Public Relations Manager. I presume you can trust what he says! smile_o.gif

I doubt Placebo can personally authorize the release of any information. Those kinds of decisions are for a team leader to make, like Maruk or Suma.

Quote[/b] ]I doubt Placebo can personally authorize the release of any information. Those kinds of decisions are for a team leader to make, like Maruk or Suma.

Erm, that might be the reason the letter is to BIS, not Placebo..

I don't care about more screenshots/videos (They'd be good, but useless..), a revised release date on the other hand would be great.. Preferably more accurate than H1 2006..

There probobaly be no/little information released because of this, which would be a shame as I'm sure people are losing interest in ArmA..

- Ben

The One is Maruk! notworthy.gif

Placebo is BIS´s speaker and good guy biggrin_o.gif

Suma is leading programmer biggrin_o.gif

Screens, trailers or demos are sweet bonus for fan as me whistle.gif

Every echo from community can nibble souls from BIS.

Plenty developers have big promotions around their games, but BIS? They are mysterious developmental studio.

We plaing OFP over 4years!! I don´t care yet. New addons are boring. I would like new blood to own pipe. Every new information is one drop smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I doubt Placebo can personally authorize the release of any information. Those kinds of decisions are for a team leader to make, like Maruk or Suma.

Erm, that might be the reason the letter is to BIS, not Placebo..

Quote[/b] ]that officil mouth is PLACEBO and I say: Is he ONE?
Quote[/b] ]Placebo's the Community/Public Relations Manager. I presume you can trust what he says!

Can it get more obvious? icon_rolleyes.gif

I didn't say anything about Placebo before that particular post, others did, as if he could release any information of any importance.

New addons are boring.

You are saying this after John's Special effects, and the new 3D skies? somebody give me my vaseline...

Anyhow, Placebo is Bis's PR manager, so I think he can give away information. He can give interviews, so I dont see why he can't give us a post.

one more to rack up the post count before closing.

Its safe to presume that BIS are working away at Arma intill they release info stating other wise. just sit back, chill, and dig out a few of your very old games.

Hell i been playing dues ex (the first one) and system shock 2. Ahh memorys.

Ghost Recon still kicks ass! It's cheap to buy now and all the comunity mods will keep ya well busy and sharpen U up no end for ArmA!  tounge2.gif

I doubt Placebo can personally authorize the release of any information. Those kinds of decisions are for a team leader to make, like Maruk or Suma.

possible..

But as long as people r satisfied and talking about zombiemod&shit BIS doesnt needs to accommodate us with news

The calm before the storm, boys (and girls), the calm before the storm... smile_o.gif Wasn't it like this for Elite?