Sign in to follow this  
TonyRanger

new about VME's PLA MOD V2.0

Hello every one,This is TonyRanger from VME,here I want show you the detail about our MOD(PLA MOD,People's Liberation Army of China),It's really such a long time since our last release,but now the waiting is over my firends,I'm ready to release our latest version,we call it 2.0.

what's new?

it contain 2 packs

one video here

ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd....deo.rar

first is AI replace pack,only replace BIS' AI.no model change,this pack only contains some small files and a config.

0.Change US' LAWlauncher,AT soldier now equip AT4 launcher,Rifle Soldier carry 1 round of LAWlauncher because the launcher will automaticly destroyed after fire 1 rokect.

1.Change Animations,West,East,Resistance use different Animations.and AI knows use them well.for example,US Soldier will keep advance while aiming,even crouch(use crouchwalk and crouchwalkwithaim animation),AI'll automaticly stroke enemy with gun when they near him,of crouse player has this abilitiy too

2.really different behaviours.

Careless,No change

Safe,weapon on back as usually

Aware,use patrol animation when walk,AI will automaticly lying down or stand as will

Combat,Keep low,always crouch,crouchwalk,knows use lean animation, hit and run,Keep moving avoid sniper fire,only lying when needed.

Stealth,Stay Down,allways find cover before engage,they know use lyingroll animation during fighting

3.different soldier use different tactical

Officer,will lead the squad in the front,using accurate fire,he knows how to use smokeshell cover his squad.for example,If team have beem suppressed,he may try throw smokeshell block enemy machine gun's viewsight.

Soldier,less accurate,Basic combating unit of a team,they'll keep moving seek any enemy persent and try to flank enemy when suppressing fire.

Grenadier,less fire rate but high accurate,fire support unit,always hit and run,support team from behind

MachineGunner,less accurate but very high fire rate,will suppress enemy automaticly when enemy in 200M with cover,even enemy behind sadbag or in build.when be suppressed enemy may stop firing to find cover,he may lying behind sadbag or another thing when machinegun suppress this area,no need assign any additional command to your gunner,they won't waste their ammo,just find a target for them,then they'll auto suppress that area.

4.AT soldier and another soldier'll doing their best for their own job.

5.add bandage to all soldiers,they can save their life when they bleeding

6.AI knows fight in building,and use sadbag's cover.

7.run as "Z" when fleeing and use smokeshell as cover.

8.use smokeshellred marker target for fire support

9.Dammage System,different effect when hit different part of body

hand,may drop main weapon,AI knows pick it up.

torso,stun or bleeding

leg,bleeding or lying down

head,deaf or blind

when bleeding,AI have less accurate

second is PLA and OFPOR pack

is contain VME's PLA,DMA's Resistance,Such's Marine Assault Pack

and also 10 demo missions

this pack not only have those AI but more thing

1.AI support system,AI Offiecer will call these support automaticly

AirSupport(Gunship,bomber-fighter,bomber,fighter)

first three when detect enemy tank,fighter when detect enemy bomber

ArmoredSupport(Tanks)

when detect enemy infantry

ArtillerySupport(Towed artillery and SPG)

when detect enemy infantry or enemy artillery

ReAMMO and Reman(Transport plane)

when ammo low or lost half of his squad

Recon plane(In campagin Mission)

as mission editor

to use them just place those support unit from VME_PLA_support/VME_USA_support etc.

2.Platoon Leader system

as a high rank officer lead a platoon,it contain 4 squad and all kind of support

totaly 4 tanks,32 SPGs,4 bombers,8 gunships,4 fighter,1 transport plane with paratrooper and supply.

3.many new weapon.

AP mine,gas grenade,flash grenade,dagger,etc.

I'll release this very soon

Sounds like great enhancements on the AI. Using lean animation? Great! Seems that OFP Soldiers now will be good for CQB. biggrin_o.gif

The video looks excellent. The last version of the PLA MOD was very nice already, but the new features promise to make it even better! yay.gif

add

PLZ45 152mm SPG

100mm AT SPG base on QSLZ92 APC

WZ9 AT gunship

WZ9 AA gunship

Z9 cargoplane

Y8 transportplane(like C130)

ZSD89A float APC(like BMP)

ZBD03A Para APC

LST 072A

some new weapos etc.

Sweet! smile_o.gif

I 2nd that, VME has produced some top quality stuff, I always maintain it in my addons folder. Keep up the great work.

Can't wait to get my hands on the first pack... AI enhancements... oh yes! Keep it coming VME! Doing a great job!

some nice demo missions

1.Army Assault I

play as PLA Army Soldier as a squad member,your task is take a town which is guarded by rebel force.this Mission shows how new AI work when assault and in town.

2.Army Assault II

play as PLA Army Sniper as a squad member,your task is take a road block which is guarded by rebel force.this Mission shows how Support system work,(you officer will call Air support and Artillery support)

3.Battlefield

play as PLA Army platoon leader as a field commander,Armored support avilable,your mission is take the great farm of Nogova.enemy have Artillery support and Armored support and Reman support.this mission show how platoon system work

4.Hill 267

play as PLA Airborned Soldier (Woodland)as a squad member.your PLA Airborned platoon are hold a hill,it's well defened by sandbags,bunkers,etc.many rebels are attacking your position with Artillery support,this like that <The 9th Company>movie,this mission show how AI defense and attack

5.UnderFire

play as PLA Airborned Soldier (City)as a squad member.you scout squad are trapped in a small farm,enemy are all around you the weather is very bad(heavily fog),mission is wait for reinforcement,this is a hard mission,shows Close Combat AI and fire suppress system

6.Street

play as PLA Special Force soldier as a team leader,you mission is take a small town guard by enemy infantry,this mission show how infantry tactical work under player's command.

7.UnderHill

play as PLA Marine Soldier as a squad member,you mission is land

8.PLA Demo

A Video mission,show credits.

Agains, sounds great! Any exact release dates you could give us? smile_o.gif

very soon,all neccessary thing is done,even mission,after this release I'll start to make Campagin

Any news huh.gif it sounds like it was allready to dl wink_o.gif

2nded. i'd like to hear any news.

Who are these "rebels" in the missions?

Really looking forward to it, but did the Chinese government get to you? I mean are you afraid of making any missions where the PLA is defeated now or...? I'm not trying to harass or anything, I just want to know: Has the VME team made any "changes" to either its missions or addons after the Chinese government tried coercing the FFUR team to remove the "Asian Crisis" mod?

No offense, but this thread needs to be closed until the mod is released, everytime I check the board and I see this up towards the top I think it has been released only to be disappointed for another day. Heck other threads opened up in the COMPLETE board have been closed for not releasing anything in a shorter time span then this.

Although this thread probably would feel more at home in the Discussion section, I'll bump it with the standard question: how is the mod progressing? Any ideas on when it will be released? smile_o.gif

Will your mod - addon with its enhanced AI config be compatable with ECP?