Sign in to follow this  

Does God exsist?

I never said that the worlds greatest brains believe in the Christian God (everything in the bible etc), I said that they believed in God.

I refuse to accept that God plays dice with the Universe.

Quote by Albert Einstien

In order to understand the Universe we must understand the mind of God himself.

Quote by Stephan Hawking

People have many theories and this argument shall never cease.

Some of the bible is fairy stories and some of it is fact there's no denying that. But its the best thing we have in a way of proof, people can come to their own conclusions.

It is far easier to deny the existance of God. Just take the Vikings or the Greeks, they had many gods and they worshipped them for years, not many doubted their existance. Where are those Gods now?

At the end of the day no-one can prove anything, you cant even prove that you exist. This could all be some virtual reality thing like the matrix. We could be part of some strange experiment. Who knows? We may never know..

I think it is quite easy to believe that the Universe was a mistake. Mistakes happen all the time in genetics chromosomes dont copy themselves exactly etc and that leads to mutations. This of course is all part of evolution.

So if things like that can happen with the most simple life forms on earth why cant it happen with something like the Universe?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ Jan. 23 2002,13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I never said that the worlds greatest brains believe in the Christian God (everything in the bible etc), I said that they believed in God.

I refuse to accept that God plays dice with the Universe.

Quote by Albert Einstien

In order to understand the Universe we must understand the mind of God himself.

Quote by Stephan Hawking

<span id='postcolor'>

And like I said, it makes no difference whether there is a god or not, since everything works just the same if there was a god or not. Belief in god is a psychological tool to use when you try to justify your existence. Some people use it, some do not.

I work as a researcher in a biotechnology lab and nobody here believes in any gods. I'd say most academically trained people do not believe in gods.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is far easier to deny the existance of God. Just take the Vikings or the Greeks, they had many gods and they worshipped them for years, not many doubted their existance. Where are those Gods now?<span id='postcolor'>

The vikings and the greeks and the rest of the western world were converted (sometimes forcibly) to christianity, since an idea of one omnipotent god is more appealing than that of many demipotent ones. Wouldn't you want to worship the god which is the strongest? Also, christians did a lot of work to spread the faith (just like moslems did) sometimes using swords to quicken the pace of conversion. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At the end of the day no-one can prove anything, you cant even prove that you exist. This could all be some virtual reality thing like the matrix. We could be part of some strange experiment. Who knows? We may never know..<span id='postcolor'>

Again, this makes no difference since everything works just the same if this was a simulation or not... blah blah...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it is quite easy to believe that the Universe was a mistake. Mistakes happen all the time in genetics chromosomes dont copy themselves exactly etc and that leads to mutations. This of course is all part of evolution.

So if things like that can happen with the most simple life forms on earth why cant it happen with something like the Universe?<span id='postcolor'>

The universe is no more a mistake than an earthquake or rainstorm. They just naturally occur sometimes. Genetic code doesn't copy itself perfectly on purpose, since mutations in the genome provide variation for the selection of the fittest. The DNA polymerases of each species (these enzymes copy the DNA) are optimized to provide an approppriate amount of mutations for the best evolution of that particular species. For example bacteria which rely mostly on genetic adaptation to the changing environment produce a lot of mutations to choose from.

I personally think that life and then entire universe is one big accident. But when someone says "thats stupid what are the chances of something like that happening?" i just say, "hey apparantly, in this universe 1 in 1."

All you guys are forgeting the REAL proof that the god(not neccesarily Christian) exists!!!!!!!!!

If he didn't exist, OFP would not exist!!!!!!!smile.gif

Probably, he's up there, looking at us, a bunch of gamers who are dimmed as lusers by their peers, engaging in intellectual converstaion about his existence, while playing the best sim for infantry. Boy, just what kind of gamers play OFP? This kind of topic would not have developed into a thread like this in other games.

Chickn Hawk said:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I refuse to accept that God plays dice with the Universe.

Quote by Albert Einstien<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, what he meant was that using probabilities in quantumn mechanics is not permissible. Einstein never condsidered probability as a good way of studying physics. God in this context could be interpreted as "mother nature."

The main reason why mathematicians believe in god is actually different. They are not believing that the god does not exist.

It cannot be proven that either god exists or does not. But mathematicians only assume that he exists, since it can't be proven that he does not exist. There's always a counter argument to each other, and that's why mathematicians want to step away from drawing a conclusion.

So, mathmaticians don't believe god exists, but also doesn't believe that he does not exist. What they beleive is that there is chance of his existence.

The reason why most scientificc community people believe in god is that nothing starts from nothing, thus for universe to exist, something has to create it. and that ultimate "it" is god.

Funny thing about humanities major is that they assume science people are just nerds playing with equations and lab equipments(ok...i did play with some lab equipments once in awhile). But we have to go through rigorous courses of logic. Those of you who took this class, you know what i mean by 'rigorous.' Thus sometimes, the reason why scientists(used loosely) are dimmed to be smarter is because they study logic, when most humanities don't.(or at least here in LA; maybe LA is different from rest of the world...we do have highest implant rate, all the sinful Hollywood products!) But anyone who studies logic properly shines in every situation.

One funny thing I read is from New York Times' Foreign Correspondent Thomas Freedman. In his book "Lexus and the Olive tree"(revised one), he talks about an instance that asked himself the question "does god exit on the internet?"

Well, he's Jewish, so he asked his his rabbi about this, and the answer from the rabbi was that it exists when you bring him with you. In other words, humans are related to god for sure, but existence of god could be achieved in accordance with existence of human.

well...there's one god, but the entrance is many.

The ingnorance of the people here is insulting

So are one post wonders such as yourself who's entire intellect can only manage a single sentence fragment of a moronic post.

Asking does god exist is not a complete question but no doubt you mean Christ.....all I will say is if you believe that...I feel sorry for you....people who believe that are lower minded people....after all that's why they do believe it....it's a concept they can comprehend...their primitive minds can't even understand what an atom is.....lol poor bastards....you do your thing like a good little monkey but when it starts to affect my life I got an AK that can do the talkin........

If there is a god you must have come from his "moronic Asshole" bach, as almost every post you make on this board is either calling someone an idiot for not sharing your Opinion, or arguing your pathetic "Knowledge" of any end everything with name calling and more stupidity... Nothing you ever post is either informative or sensable, all you post is stupid shit and berate people when they try to have an intellegent argument.. do you even have OFP.. or do you just like to piss and moan?

and you can take your fictional AK and pop a burst up your ass.

I think god doesn't exist. The bad thing is, if i'm right, i'll never know it, and if i'm wrong, i'll go to hell. Shit happens.

If there is a god you must have come from his "moronic Asshole" bach, as almost every post you make on this board is either calling someone an idiot for not sharing your Opinion, or arguing your pathetic "Knowledge" of any end everything with name calling and more stupidity... Nothing you ever post is either informative or sensable, all you post is stupid shit and berate people when they try to have an intellegent argument..  do you even have OFP.. or do you just like to piss and moan?

HAHA. tounge.gif

Religion (Regardless of whether god exists or not) was a means of controlling the masses back in the middle ages. If you disagreed with the king or the pope, they could hang you as a heathen.

These days religion is the cause of many of the worlds wars and conflicts.. Just look at Afghanistan.

Religion is what makes man so pathetic. The belief that your beliefs are any better than the beliefs of someone else. The belief that your 'god' is more powerful, or the only 'god'

In short.. the belief that you know more than anyone else.

You may believe in a god.. you may not... but there is no need to force your beliefs upon others.. or to construct churches Mosques etc. to worship these gods.

If they really are as forgiving as it is said, then I am sure that they would forgive anyone who doesn't worship then 24/7 their whole lives, but instead, ask for forgiveness when they are standing at the gates to whatever 'heaven' actually exists.

After all, they MUST know how stupid humans really are.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ Jan. 28 2002,03:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think god doesn't exist. The bad thing is, if i'm right, i'll never know it, and if i'm wrong, i'll go to hell. Shit happens.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, God is a rationalist who created this whole "faith" thing just to test people. Anyone who believes in him without evidence will be thrown into the gaping pit of Hell, and only those who disbelieve will be saved for eternal life.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Jan. 20 2002,15:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">god = religion = war =  about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army<span id='postcolor'>

we can talk about anything!!!!

green peace = green uniform? = army = about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army

food = something the army eat = army = about wars, military conflicts and everything what pertinent to Army

etc. etc. etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Jan. 30 2002,03:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Poo = people do it, soldiers are poeple, soldiers are in the army. Lets talk about poo.<span id='postcolor'>

Um.. lets not and say we did.. or didn't..

yeah, that's even better. lets not and say we didn't.