Sign in to follow this  
wolfbite

Ka-50 Blackshark

Quote[/b] ]

But you'd need a looping script to detect if you change your ammo and stuff.

You can use a looping script, or you can use the fired eventhandler. The difference is, if you choose to have it tied to "fired", then that means every time you change weapons, you'll have to execute another script to show this change, which won't be global.

There's plenty of ways to try it, if necessary.

No, you'd need a looping script. What if you 'fired' all your weapons, then rearmed? Unless you removeweapon..

That's why you'd call the script each time a weapon's status changed. If it was removed, changed it's magazine, or whatever, you call it again to show the changes.

Well ill try dynamic arming... if its too laggy ill just do various selectable loadouts and maybe just have the iglaa's as optional

Maybe you could talk to the guys at BWMod. Their helecopter has a dynamic armament, but it is quite complicated.

Their Tiger has a customizable loadout, but you cannot change that loadout once in the mission. Furthermore, you can only customize the #2 and #3 hardpoints.

You misunderstand my point. Or there's commands I am unaware of.

If you "equip" an AT loadout that includes 8 AT missiles, then you fire off 6 of them, and go and rearm at a truck, only 2 will show up, unless you have a looping script that detects changes and setobjecttextures accordingly.

I hadn't thought of the old 'rearm at ammo truck' scenario; I kept thinking of strictly script loadout changes. In that case, you're right - a continous looping script is required. I remember that scenario causing me all kinds of hell when I first tried the fake proxy trick.

Just to show i havent forgotten about it. Here's some new pics

closeupcrapcamo6fa.jpg

crapcamocanon2cr.jpg

nosecrapcamo0qi.jpg

Dont worry about the eye bleedingly bad camo.. thats just so i can roughly see what its like. Have aded lodsa handle's and vents over the cody.. have aded loadsa bits in the cockpit and am trying to get config file done so i can see what its like in game.. more soon... Any feedback welcome tounge2.gif

could you make a few versions of your helicopter that contains only the BIS weapons, to help with unit replacement ? When I say a few versions, I assume your making different camoed helicopters, so more than one with bis weapon loadout.

God damn it i try making new textures... but god dmaned 02 kepps streching em or messing em up somehow!!! someone please help!! SHITE!!!!

mad_o.gifpistols.gif

Should i maybe use something other than o2 to pack texture files??

I find making the texture a bit longer on the edges cuts down on the stretching. Better make the texture larger than the area it going to cover whay it doesn't need it won't use, if too little you get stretching.

Just to show its not gone frontonfuelankh25mp3fq.jpg

sideonkh25andfuel9gy.jpg

Whats better for the general camo of the chopper TGA or GIF???    For some reason my O2 aint converting the TGA??? anyone got any ideas?? for some reason when i try to put my model ingame ..it doesnt appear in the unit selection??? can anyone check it out if i send it on msn??? cheers thx for any help

oh yeah and here's one of the missile's for the wolfy

kh25mp6el.png

A bit bright don't you think even for WIP?

Nothin directly about my addon but..... I jus got back from russia and was watching the news there. The Kamov Ka-50 Blackshark has now gone into full cerial production. Several former military factories that after the secong world war that were being used for making various household bits have been converted back into military factories and several have been given to Kamov, Iliyushin, And Sukhoi. Also all the cuts that have been made to the russian airforce have been completed all that remain's now is some resorting of the Depot's around the country. interesting stuff.

Whats better for the general camo of the chopper TGA or GIF???    For some reason my O2 aint converting the TGA??? anyone got any ideas?? for some reason when i try to put my model ingame ..it doesnt appear in the unit selection??? can anyone check it out if i send it on msn??? cheers thx for any help

do u have tex view?? if so you could use .jpg suffix instead of .tga or .gif thats what i have to do beacuase i get the same error -_-

do u have tex view?? if so you could use .jpg suffix instead of .tga or .gif thats what i have to do beacuase i get the same error -_-

bah jpg wink_o.gif

Wow you really are a helping hand..

lol thats i'm here for... we need more KA50 / 52's for ofp and maybe even a KA60 whistle.gif keep it up dude

Guest RKSL-Rock

You are much better off creating the texture, saving it as .TGA and converting it to paa/pac using something like PANTool or PaaTool.

JPG and GIf formats cause performance issues.

When it comes to textures there is a method that takes more time but will avoid stretching (for the most part),will get the texture in its correct place and you can fix more on it.

You could UV it,basicly you cut the model into pieces,you can flatten themif you wish or not,essentially textures will be smaller in appearence but you can fit much more on it,saving having to use 15 textures for one and save computer resources for when its on the model. In O2 to do this,go into the wireframe view and cut the model into pieces,spread them out and get alot of objects around itand so on until you have a group. Then press print screen,then Ctrl+V in a paint program,simply save it and load it into O2. Now here comes the tricky part. If you want the textures right you have to get the size near or exactly correct. Make sure you zoom in pretty far. Once applied the texture is ready to go,if done right you will not have stretching,its a much more complicated option to the usual make texture and then put it on,but it will allow you get much more of the model if you do it right. Oh and bump.

God Damn sorry i left this project for so long been pretty busy. ive allmost finished the cockpit now but havent worked on this in ages. i was jus wonderin if anyone could help me sort out some problems on the model. for some reason the rotors are flying about madly... i need to finish this baby off

Sound slike the problem I had on the KA60 pack, of the rotors spining around the chopper. Yeah I'm kinda on deployment but if you need help ya got it here.