Sign in to follow this  
wolfbite

Ka-50 Blackshark

God Damn sorry i left this project for so long been pretty busy. ive allmost finished the cockpit now but havent worked on this in ages. i was jus wonderin if anyone could help me sort out some problems on the model. for some reason the rotors are flying about madly... i need to finish this baby off

Would be my favourite christmas present!

Keep on! It's great work!

Dunno if it will be out for Christmas.... Maybe Russian Christmas though... were workin on it!

Dunno if it will be out for Christmas.... Maybe Russian Christmas though... were workin on it!

Looking forward to it!

biggrin_o.gif

Well should burp out some sort of status for this bird, I gave Wolfbite a bit of help on this addon to get it done and correct a lot of bugs, and impliment some features that are now kinda the norm for OFP. So most of the issues witht he cpp and model have been fixed, its on the way back to Wolfbite to finish the skinning on the bird. I just gota do a good double check on things like the gauges and stuff. Kinda RL combat missions have been hindering me but its failrly finished for what he needed help on so. Might see this beasty in OFP fairly soon. *crosses fingers*

But shes not on a back burner anymore at least.

I'll see if I can take some decent screens of it in game just fer shits and giggles.

BoBCatt I would love to see that KA-60 released along with the KA-50. What I am surprised is that some people thought it would be nice to neglect the Mi-6 sad_o.gifpistols.gif

KA60 is earmarked for release witha mod that will not be named. The KA-52 is also mostlikely going to get a bit of update like more skins. updated scripts and features to bring it up to date. Yeah I got kinda irrtated with the lack of Mi6 hooks. That might be fixed as well but no promises. The Ka 50 was prettymuch close to being comeplete that it didn't risk messing up things I already had on the burner.

I think then also some naval Kamov's should be considered as well along with mi-14's. A Kamov-27 and Kamov-25 would be nice to see done as well (after all there is a Kuznetsov addon wink_o.gif)

There wasa KA25 addon floating around Vit made but many gripes and complaints ran on about it either being static or not RHS/Scar level quality I think I tinkered with it a few times to make it fly.

I've had that addon but I must say I preferred using Ghost's Ka-26 beta addon since Ghost's at least had accurately contra-rotating rotors and is already a very nice addon even if it's just a beta and missing a rear door...

[APS]Gnat made a flyable version of the static KA-27(?) that came with the Kuznetsov addon, but according to my inquiries it's useless to get any hopes up regarding that addon, since he stopped all work on OFP stuff, and only pictures of it were released...  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

fixed issues with the flight model for wolfbite and sent it back to him for updates, and texture application. Waiting for it to come back for completeion and install the rest of the animations and load out scripts. but not heard much having been on RL combat ops for the last few months lately.

What sould be different from Hawk's model is the geometry lod. His heli is great but not agile enough.

Wasn't the geo I think it was in ccp for the flight settings sensitivey and nose pitch and all the fun crap. Too bad you can't make it fly like the real thing,

Wasn't the geo I think it was in ccp for the flight settings sensitivey and nose pitch and all the fun crap.    Too bad you can't make it fly like the real thing,

Yes, it was!

I tried and found out.

wos just looking at ya work looks nice for OFP lol i have some bits for a ka50 some where on ma hd ill have a look for tham if you need and bits for it just pm me and ill see wot i can do for ya and ya nice keep it up wink_o.gif