Sign in to follow this  
wolfbite

Ka-50 Blackshark

Yeah most  of the main body is complete. and its taking ages coz i keep missing stuff or cacking it up.. but here it is so far i jus wanna see what you guys think

3dfull6xc.jpg

sideon1rw.jpg

tailview1wu.jpg

Any help or advice please give coz its pretty erm difficult

It's looking fine to me, what seems to be the problem?

The only thing I notice wrong is the engine intake masks are a little too big.

biggrin_o.gif Cheers man that means a lot to me. Im not too sure how to go about doing the cockpit huh.gif Coz i want ejection seat the door to open and a descent hud to be at eye level.

look at hawks cti verssion even blows te rotor blade s off in flight when ejection seat is used.

biggrin_o.gif Cheers man that means a lot to me. Im not too sure how to go about doing the cockpit huh.gif Coz i want ejection seat the door to open and a descent hud to be at eye level.

Start with the basics, make the external surrounding frame, then make a completely separate 'box' area to connect the various frame parts to. Be sure to keep your vertices arranged in such a fashion that it will be easy to remove and replace them for windows, hatches, etc.

I thought an update was in order... progress has been slow coz i been workin up and been gettin fairly liquered up... if you want the feeling download zz top blue jeans

k0j05f.jpg

k0j1wm.jpg

nice geometry. you should set up your smoothing groups, though.. dunno what they call them in 02... shader groups or what not.

Quote[/b] ]nice geometry. you should set up your smoothing groups, though.. dunno what they call them in 02... shader groups or what not.

Cheers man.. hmm will check it out.. i read a previous post about it.

Some  pics of mostly complete body... Just need handle's and rotors to be added  biggrin_o.gif  Btw those are not the final textures .. its just so you could get a better idea of how ittl look

preview12ms.jpg

preview24up.jpg

preview37my.jpg

Oh yeah and cockpit internals need to be done

sweeet  smile_o.gif  are you going to release this soon ?  I cant wait !

id say for the cockpit, just use the BIS one in their V80.

sweeet smile_o.gif are you going to release this soon ? I cant wait !

id say for the cockpit, just use the BIS one in their V80.

That's pointless, unless you fly in 3rd person, and 3rd person flyers suck icon_rolleyes.gifwink_o.gif

yup, 1st person's view is much complicated and realistic, i do love it, it's very hard for newbyes (newbyes of 1st person view) to land with it on aircraft carrier...

remmembering my self, first i landed 10-12 times on Kuznetsov from 3rd person's view and only then started practising to do it with 1st person's view...

hard and real rulez the world smile_o.gif

hm... i think it's possible to make a good cockpit for you, you just need proper info whistle.gif and someone to help, like Franze/Footmunch/...

P.S. hm... Sharky right? lets throw an eye on the info, maybe some pieces of yammy snack will reach you too... xmas_o.gif

oh, one thing more, do you need videos about Black Shark'y?

Databank(or how do you call me...) is back online for the hunt of black sharks...

wish me luck to get over 1Gb info...

Doing a Ka-50 cockpit shouldn't be too hard, it's mostly analog in there with the single TV display and HUD. It's not as bad as a two seater. wink_o.gif

Sorry i havent been able to do much work on it recently.. work rota's have all changed and have been out a fair bit recently so have had any time realy. so all ive managed to do this week is sort out the wheel well really. Have a fair few pics of the cockpit from the game lomac black shark.. and i trust these are pretty accurate... but any other pics would be great. and maybe a dood tutorial and how to do all the dials in the cockpit would be nice... and maybe how to do a HUD like on the dkm mi-28....... but im doin it... i wont give a release date yet though  huh.gif  any info pics  technical info you guys wanna share Im vulpuscanines@hotmail.com cheers guys  biggrin_o.gif  your supports been really usefull

If you got any good pics of ka-50n sensors id love to include one in the pack but until then its gonna wait

hehe, recently i have what you need, whole collection of sensors ever been tested with V-80 program, that means even Ka-50N's, that little ball(radar) over it's main rotor, weapon load outs, drawings, pictures, oh my god, even detailed cockpits... just need to download some videos about it and i'll send you everything...

P.S. you need video from MAKS 2005 airshow? there's Ka-50s/52s flying in formation and demonstrating what manuevers they can pull out... if you need this one too, then i made over 1Gb of info about Black Sharl! thumbs-up.gif

Edited: that video is all aircrafts presentation from 2005 Maks, so it's big(699Mb), everything i'll pack up, expecpt this video in rar and upload both as different files, so that that big one you could download seperately, but that doesn't mean that you will have every video of it, some smaller ones will be in rar, with pdfs...

but there's something i want to ask, should i download ALL(as much as i can get) videos?

hey wolfbite,

i have don your home work biggrin_o.gif

i have pics from nose/sensors for the ka-50n

what you think about the idea to make the ka50n first to have a more advanced counterpart to all the longbows and comanches out there?

i have also a friend in russia. this guy sitting on the source...he knows nearly everything about that beauty:D

sorry for bad english

joker

@gedis that video would be cool. where we can get it?

Cheers guys you. as i said anything you got about this baby please send. It can only help me make it better wink_o.gif Ill spend some time on her tonight (No ones's going pub as far as i can tell tounge2.gif

Oh will you be making this version? http://avia.russian.ee/air/maks/ka-50.jpg

As for the lighting,there is sharp and smooth edges,for sharp you just highlight the faces and press U,for smooth press I,it can make a HUGE difference in the way things appear,flat surfaces should always be sharp,such as the cockpit pieces up there at the front,btw excellent work,I'm impressed with the model,I think it looks superb thumbs-up.gif

ka50nose4qp.jpg Here's a little update. am workin on the right side specifically the gun cavity mounting. i made it difficult for myself.  crazy_o.gif  theres things everywhere and vertexes keep goin crazy with the madness im dong.. but im getting there. after this its gonna be the cockpit and then a cleanup of the model in general. and then hopefully it will just be the programming after that. mmm fun. An comments insults cash donations flowers or proposals please feel free to post em  tounge2.gif

P.s oh yeah xnodunitx i will be doing the the ka-50n im not sure what ill do.. itl either be in the same pack as the ka-50... or it wont rofl.gif

Ka-50nim? what the hell is this? as far as i know there are Ka-50, Ka-50N and Ka-50Sh...

looking good, keep it up...

i'm still downloading 2 videos, so you will have to wait for info... mad_o.gif

She's now armed and jezus christ i wish i had known about the remove face button banghead.gif stupid me.. man it would have made it much easier/faster... total arse buggery.... have also given the rotors a slight bend downwards now to make the cockpit look less like a cavity i guess. ...... but not tonight.. im off to play with franze's Kiowa warrior xmas_o.gif

Okay.. over past couple of days... ive started on the cockpit have got an ejector seat ( I have modified evgeni's ejector seat from hi ka-52 and aded on various bits thet were missing.(am currently seeking permision to use ejector seat) from studying photo's of the ka-50's in action i have decided not to put handles on the airframe. as they all fold away. and ive made many asthetic changes and sorted out the faces that dissapear at different angles..... i was just wondering though... how many faces should i be aiming for??? im currently on 5022. but im basically done. is that too many??

No offence, but why invent the wheel twice?

Wouldnt it be better modifying the BIS "V80"?

Okay.. over past couple of days... ive started on the cockpit have got an ejector seat ( I have modified evgeni's ejector seat from hi ka-52 and aded on various bits thet were missing.(am currently seeking permision to use ejector seat) from studying photo's of the ka-50's in action i have decided not to put handles on the airframe. as they all fold away. and ive made many asthetic changes and sorted out the faces that dissapear at different angles..... i was just wondering though... how many faces should i be aiming for??? im currently on 5022. but im basically done. is that too many??

Hmmm...I'd have to say that would depend on what all there is..I cracked open franze's helicopter and the A had around 8000 faces,but after taking off the extra weapons it was around 6000 or so..I'd say unless you have multiple weapons,try to go for the 4000-6000 mark,generally speaking helicopters arent things you see on the field in thsi game as in by the dozens