Sign in to follow this  
Sarge6754

Zombie Mod Support

There's quite a developing zombie-mod community for OFP right now. The OFP engine's vast landscapes and support for vehicles and mass characters on the screen provided for ideal zombie-mod-making conditions.... So, will Armed Assault have special modding provisions and tools for character AI?

(specifically will it support AI altering mods for zombies?) pistols.gif

AI mods are already possible for normal OFP.

As you know, ArmA will feature a city that is simply put "big" , so I think your wish will come true.

There infact has already been zombie mods made with OFP with AI scripts... While it may not be really an AI script, it's more like a behavior script.

After playing some Resident Evil 4, I think ArmA could handle a zombie mod fairly interesting. I'm just waiting for someone to nail the presentation and atmosphere of a zombie mod.

Right now the zombies are to 'slow' they really don't run at you, more like rotate a bit around and then walk towards you. Zombies are nice but vampires really make you laugh how they jump and throw cars.

Now we need some crushing ceilings and moveable walls to make a Doom 1 mod. rofl.gif

Oh god please some one convert the zombie mod when armed assualt comes out biggrin_o.gif with new optimization with armed assault hopfully with can have more zombies in game at any one time also! could even make low detailed zombies for thoughs truely massive attacks.

Can someone explain what all this zombie stuff is? Is it a Half Life 2 imitation or something? In which case how do the zombies attack U, pressumably they don't use guns? huh.gif

Also do the zombies in OFP still have bandy legs?!    rofl.gif

The zombies (there actully just civilians with the bloody boys like theyve been blown up) run towards you, use the punch anmin, and do dammage to you. All done with the use of scripts.

Mmm! Sounds interesting! I like the idea of a punching script, not seen that before!  huh.gif

Maybee BIS could include a punching script/anim in ArmA so we could have a street fighting mod -bit like GTA!

If the zombies punch U, can U punch them back and do they moan and fold in two?! Or do U have to shoot them with guns?!

Just shows how flexible the OFP game engine is!  biggrin_o.gif

well with some simple scripting you could have it so you can punch them back. But i just use a few shot gun addons to keep the horde back tounge2.gif the original zombie mod the zombies dont moan but theres an edited version floating about some where with moaning zombies.

Edit: Go to the user missions section and look up ZOS (zombie out brake simulation) and Bio Hazzard (one of my old missions) if you want to check out some zombie missions. I think the link to the zombie mod is also included in one of thoughs thread.

Is it a Half Life 2 imitation or something?

confused_o.gif imitation from HL2 I think not.

Yea! biggrin_o.gif . I was refering to the gameplay element -not the enhanced physics environment and cool graphics engine  tounge2.gif !

Hey! - Wouldn't that be great though if ArmA had a physics environment like HL2?!  huh.gif

- How long before some one come up with a gravity gun able to suck in tanks and blast them into the sea! Haha!!  biggrin_o.gif

Yea! biggrin_o.gif . I was refering to the gameplay element -not the enhanced physics environment and cool graphics engine  tounge2.gif !

Hey! - Wouldn't that be great though if ArmA had a physics environment like HL2?!  huh.gif

- How long before some one come up with a gravity gun able to suck in tanks and blast them into the sea! Haha!!  biggrin_o.gif

Well a gravity gun really has nothing at all to do with this topic about zombies... but I thought there actually was a gravity gun addon floating around.

And its very very unlikely ArmA will have a Havok like physics engine. Game2's physics engine will very likely destroy HL2's from what we know, but will probly be missing from ArmA.

As for the Zombie mod, I hope someone starts up a new zombie mod in ArmA. There seemed to be a lot of support for the old one, and Flashpoint has the perfect environments for Zombies. Personally Id love to see a Resident Evil mod... it seems to be a very moddable concept. But any zombie mod will be welcome in ArmA

Clicky here

One OFP gravity gun for you sir!  wink_o.gif

This is a link to ofp.cz home page. No gravity gun can I find here! Only chainsaw, drill and nail gun all of which I already have in my garage!!  rofl.gif

Anyway, I shall checkout this zombie mod think soon and keep searching for a gravity gun! I've made a space in my garage already!  biggrin_o.gif     goodnight.gif

Hmmh, don't really like zombies, but Aliens, now that could be some scary stuff. Just imagine a giant horde of those mother*beep*s attacking your home town at night or something crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

When you think about it they're all pretty much the same thing. A horde of killer monsters than need you to reproduce. It's all the same thing.

Actually, not really.

Zombies can be associated with religion and old times more then aliens.

Actually, aliens are just as good for it, but it takes quite an effort to put that in the story.

Clicky here

One OFP gravity gun for you sir! wink_o.gif

This is a link to ofp.cz home page. No gravity gun can I find here! Only chainsaw, drill and nail gun all of which I already have in my garage!! rofl.gif

Anyway, I shall checkout this zombie mod think soon and keep searching for a gravity gun! I've made a space in my garage already! biggrin_o.gifgoodnight.gif

thats strang, link works for me! Try typing in 'Gravity Gun' in the Search function on the side of the site. Make sure the drop down is selected at 'News'

..thats strang, link works for me! Try typing in 'Gravity Gun' in the Search function on the side of the site. Make sure the drop down is selected at 'News'

Yep, thanks Mr D.murphy man I got my gravity gun today and had a quick play in the local military depot!  wink_o.gif

Not a bad effort I must say! However, I still cannot pick up a tank and lob it into the deep blue sea!  biggrin_o.gif

Also brings me back to what I was saying about the OFP physics engine, the fact that only certain items can be manipulated within the game demonstrates this. All other objects such as barrels and pallets could not be moved.

So a zombie mod for ArmA would require a slightly different physics engine if it was to behave in anyway like HL2!   biggrin_o.gif

Aha! - Zombies .....that reminds me......... goodnight.gif

Also brings me back to what I was saying about the OFP physics engine, the fact that only certain items can be manipulated within the game demonstrates this. All other objects such as barrels and pallets could not be moved.

So a zombie mod for ArmA would require a slightly different physics engine if it was to behave in anyway like HL2!   biggrin_o.gif

Aha! - Zombies .....that reminds me......... goodnight.gif

Well again we don't need, and will not see a HL2 style physics engine in ArmA. Which is actually a good thing... becuase HL2's physics are fun and all... but quite unrealistic at times.

Really tho, I dont know what, if anything the physics really have to do with a zombie mod itself. The current zombie mod is fine with the OFP engine... I mean it has its share of problems, many of which I hope are fixable with ArmA. But lack of a physics engine is really not one of thoes problems. How many zombie movies in the past have looked like HL2? None that I know of... and Im pretty damn sure any zombie mod would not be based on HL2. So physics play really no part when it comes to zombies. The best thing for ArmA zombies, would be a slightly improved version of the current ArmA zombies.

Well again we don't need, and will not see a HL2 style physics engine in ArmA. Which is actually a good thing... becuase HL2's physics are fun and all... but quite unrealistic at times.

Really tho, I dont know what, if anything the physics really have to do with a zombie mod itself. The current zombie mod is fine with the OFP engine... I mean it has its share of problems, many of which I hope are fixable with ArmA. But lack of a physics engine is really not one of thoes problems. How many zombie movies in the past have looked like HL2? None that I know of... and Im pretty damn sure any zombie mod would not be based on HL2. So physics play really no part when it comes to zombies. The best thing for ArmA zombies, would be a slightly improved version of the current ArmA zombies.

Yea! I know that! I was just trying to stay on topic! biggrin_o.gif  ...'cos U know these moderators get so excited if U wander off topic!!

nener.gif   biggrin_o.gif

HL2 physics are awsome. Garry's Mod was just a blast, I really hope to see fun mods like that for Armed Assault, something OFP needed. All we need is the rara avis from the community to do this.

ArmA is military simulatin between peoples, but I needn´t zombies crazy_o.gif