Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

Hello from Iraq.

together with the huey the blackhawk is pbb one of the few 'pretty' helicopters.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I am doing fine. It has started raining over here. There is water standing everywhere. That "Vader" mask is pretty sweet. We just got them before we deployed. The other crew can hear me much better now without the wind blowing across my mic, it helps prevent me from eating dust when we land in a sandy environment, and it keeps my face a little warmer on cold mornings. I got several people hooked on OFP now. Kind of funny how they love the Battlefield games (which are fun), but once I introduce them to OFP, they're sucked in and always want to play it, lol. Well, gotta couple more pics. Take care.

WAITING . . . WAITING . . . WAITING

NORTHEASTERN IRAQ, AWESOME MOUNTAINS

HUGE MOSQUE IN DOWNTOWN BAGHDAD

F16 GETTING READY TO TAKE OFF

More to come . . .

Monty

Very interesting HUGE MOSQUE IN DOWNTOWN BAGHDAD wink_o.gif

Interesting Pics, i thoguht the US had upgraded all its F16 to at least Block 50 standards.?

Great pics, like the landing cobra one, fantastic how it captured the main blades without any blur. Like its floating in mid air.

Can I ask what your most dramatic moment has been since being there?

Great pics, Monty. Keep 'em coming. And keep your head down. Thanks for your service. yay.gifnotworthy.gif

Hey guys, how's it going? Everything is good here. I got a new pic I wanted to share with you. This is me with some Korean soldiers in northern Iraq. We were giving them a ride to Baghdad. They are a little "friendly", but that's their culture. They are good men.

ROK SOLDIERS AND ME

Monty

icon_rolleyes.gif

Just put on the Darth Vader outfit if they are too friendly. Instant results. That is unless they go that way too. tounge2.gif

Oh stop being silly Bn. Bad Bad Bn!

The ROK soldiers had an excellent record in Vietnam when helping the Americans, very dedicated.

Anyway, bad bad bn!

Nice photos  notworthy.gif Loved photos even more because they are related to helicopters.

i hope you stay safe  smile_o.gif

Awesome pictures, keep us posted on life in Iraq.

A comment about that one photo. That desert camo on the ROK soldiers is very ouch.  sad_o.gif

Standing next to you they seem to be streaking neon by comparison. At least they seem to be decently protected though.

I love that weapon. I should be in Iraq within the year. I'm an engineer (heavy equipment operator) but hopefully can get on some convoys or something and get some more trigger time in with the 240.

hopefully I can get on some convoys or something and get some more trigger time in with the 240.

don't be longing forward to killing people, it makes me get worried about the people around you wink_o.gif

Nice pictures btw, love the patch biggrin_o.gif . Do you know wether they have something like that with a A-10 thunderbolt?

Also, I hope those ROC soldiers put on some more egale clothing, as said, they stand out.. but then again, maybe it's better with a urban background wink_o.gif .

hopefully I can get on some convoys or something and get some more trigger time in with the 240.

Harnu vs IED...

I hope the IED wins, saves you the trauma's of seeing the rest of the convoy being blown away smile_o.gif .

Nice pictures btw, love the patch  biggrin_o.gif .  Do you know wether they have something like that with a A-10 thunderbolt?

Also, I hope those ROC soldiers put on some more egale clothing, as said, they stand out..  but then again, maybe it's better with a urban background wink_o.gif .

Thats a bit harsh especially as hes going to Iraq and may well have to Face IEDs, And with the current climate in iraq is just bad taste.

Codarl, that was a rather tasteless comment....you don't say stuff like that, especially to someone who is going "Over There".... icon_rolleyes.gif

it wasn't ment to hurt him, but since he wants "trigger time" (killing people?) I thought I'd try to beat some sense into him before the IED did wink_o.gif . I'll remove the comment if you want.

Hey guys, how's it going? Everything is fine here. I wanted to post my unit patch for you guys to check out. I will add more photos soon. Take care.

Alpha Co. 4/101 Unit Patch

Monty

One of the more interesting patches I say.

*Right click and save*

@Codarl: You can forsee in to the future? What are the winning numbers for powerball, an US lottery game, then? biggrin_o.gif