Sign in to follow this  
sysdevja

Any Good Mod Need a Modeler,designer, idealist....

Hi my names James Allsopp

Im very experianced modeler, and have and excellent understanding within the games industry. I have worked on the developer and graphic documents for dino crisis and now are joinned with a experianced MMORPG team as co founder with Solar System Studios. I have 2 portfolios bursting pack full of my models, coding, screens, even games to install. I have worked on a class AA title "Toywarz" and i currently Beta test software for microsoft aswell. I started modeling since the young age of 12 and ever since i have gained more and more proffesional experiance. I have regular visit to E3 Awards, Microsoft Partys and even its xbox 360 Launch Party. Im very well known in the industry and have high contacts with major companys such as EA games, Ubisoft, Blizzard also other applicational companies such as discreet, Alias and NEC Designs.

And i will be happy to show you my work.

My skills are as follows:

3d Modelling (main 3ds max)

2d texture artist (photoshop)

2d Sketch Artist

Advance in graphical website design

Microsoft certified VB coders award

Microsoft certified Beta tester

EA certified beta tester

Blizzard Entertainment certified beta tester

Company Vice president of Solar System Studios (volunteer company workers)

Acid Rock studios, Military simulation and training application designer

Web Site Designer

Also i have made some of my own games in my own time and is currently working on a animated 3d movie with some of my mates.

I have many programs at my disposal aswell :P including 3ds max and macromedia products

Thank you

J.Allsopp

You can email me at SFAllsopp@hotmail.com

also ive worked along side UK Armed forces and US armed forces for research for game development with Acid Rock Studios and had many mentions of my mods in PC Gamer and on front page of Fileplanet.

My requirements to join you mod:

*I want a well established mod, no dying ones please

*Experianced Modders

*Good gamers and friendly community support

*Updated regulary

*A website for me to view

oh yeah and heres some taster shots :P of what i can produce

13067_7.jpg

13067_5.jpg

cover.jpg

snapshot2.jpg

Also i can low poly model :P with my own textures to :P (these were used in a MMORPG i worked on, but now has cancelled)

lowpolyweapons.jpg

I have a strong feeling your going to get a LOT of offers. thumbs-up.gif

EDIT: On second thought I think you should try to work for BIS biggrin_o.gif

Hehe i would but im from UK, im freelancing for abit. Ive already been to capcom and solar system studios :P

PS: quit capcom becuase i didnt like the No wargames thing lol they had

Also i can model vehicles :P heres one i did for Mafia Online

Jaguar.jpg

boxart.jpg

First of hello welcome to the OFP community wink_o.gif

Second it is nice to see a experianced modeler like you in our community thumbs-up.gif

Third looking forward to your work wink_o.gif

Glad to see such talented people being interested by ofp.

Can't wait to try out your first models for ofp...

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

Since you are from the game industry, the Tiberian Genesis Mod is your first choice. There arent a lot of mods that have a game as topic wink_o.gif

Maybe you are a fan of the C&C series too?

So, lets talk about your requirements:

*I want a well established mod, no dying ones please

- we are not dying, the modelers are working non stop, but we could need a good skinner and config writer help.gif

*Experianced Modders

- most of our members have a special skill but I think no one of them has such a experience. We all do it as a hobby so our work wont be as professionel as yours but it isnt bad. But everybody have experience in what he does (for me that is scripting and coding)

*Good gamers and friendly community support

- we are a lot of people in the mod staff from nearly every country (I am from Germany). For me its a good atmosphere, cause everybody is helpful and friendly

*Updated regulary

- we post our development in the Tiberian Genesis Discussion Thread

*A website for me to view

- link already posted

We especially concentrate on C&C Tiberian Sun and try to combine the RPG feeling with the feeling of a FPS.

You could help us as skinner, modeler and furthermore you can help us to improve our concept. Since you are from the game branch, you can help to coordinate our work.

So I look forward to your answer and I will contact the leader about you. Maybe he also want to say some words.

smile_o.gif

BWMOD needs weapon modellers  wink_o.gif

BWMOD Site

So if you are interested in creating top quality addons and weapons. Jump in  thumbs-up.gif

Your list is wehhha impressive, you should try and contact BIS or BIA.

With no disrespect ment to the other great OFP mods in my humble opinion the most promising mod for Operation Flashpoint is Invasion 1944 not the least because they plan to port everything to Armed Assault and Game2 ensuring it`s continuity.I think they meet all requirements,they have a solid team working on the total conversion for more then 3 years,basicly non-stop and as anyone can see they are extremly talented

So check their site maybe you`ll find what you want as everyone said before me,I think there isn`t a mod that wouldn`t want you on their team..

http://inv44.com/

No harsh feelings, but he should look out for ppl who actually release something within a certain time.

Even the best looking mod with the most talented ppl won't be any good if nothing is ever finished.

welcome.gif to the OFP comunity.

I have a question those M4's in particular the M203 have you made those cause I thort they where made by some guys/girls called "Iron Clad, Sixshooter and Tin Soldier"(could be you) which is the names I have credited in my readme of my m4's and I would like too have the correct name of the maker's.

STGN

Hi my names James Allsopp

Im very well known in the industry and have high contacts with major companys such as EA games, Ubisoft, Blizzard also other applicational companies such as discreet, Alias and NEC Designs.

O Rly? yay.gif

welcome.gif

That's a very nice way of presenting yourself, with some good screenshots of your models, but unfortunately you forgot to tell us the most important part of the cursus that is required from any new member wanting to join a mod development team :

Do you know how to make a good coffee ?

really great, that someone offers his skills to the community. thumbs-up.gif

Welcome to the community, sysdevja! It's very seldom to see such a nice and great offer, most of the time it's the other way round. And regarding your question: any mod is seeking for good modellers at any time, I guess.

I personally can recommend you two high-quality mods:

One is creating high-quality models of the German Bundeswehr. The BW-Mod has cooperative and talented members and is currently seeking for a weapon modeller (which doesn't mean, that any other skills you have are not appreciated).

http://www.bwmod.net

The other one is Invasion44, a mod trying to create a WWII scenario of the invasion in 1944. Also the members of this mod are very skilled. The mod is in development for a couple of years already, and any additional talented member can speed up its finishing process.

http://www.inv44.com

There are also other talented mods out there, depending on your interests you can choose any of them

hi and welcome smile_o.gif

the NVA-Mod search also for >>> YOU <<< inlove.gif

we make a modification of the east german army "national peoples army" and we need anyone for creating the original cars like W50, LO an P3. You are welcome.gif

but we can only pay in east german marks whistle.gif

Hello Sysdevja

If you are not afraid of a real challenge and you are looking for some really serious MOD, which requires really dedicated and skilled people, come to see us at WWIIEC CAEN44. We are making a total conversion MOD with EVERYTHING new, from vegetation, textures to 100percent new soldier models and their anims + many new features which werent´t shown in OFP yet. If you like WWII, we can be your first choice.

Sincerelly, Sengir

http://ww2ec.3dactionplanet.gamespy.com/news.php

One is creating high-quality models of the German Bundeswehr. The BW-Mod has cooperative and talented members and is currently seeking for a weapon modeller (which doesn't mean, that any other skills you have are not appreciated).

http://www.bwmod.net

Same suggestion as Hardrock, IMO, BWMOD is currently one of the best established mods out there.

Also if you prefer modelling russian gear and vehicles I also suggest Red Hammer Studios, they had few great releases lately and at the moment they require:

- Mission Making (Cam scripting, MP or SP)

- Static Animations

- Scripting (thorough knowledge required)

- Texturing

Link to RHS Webpage:

http://www.redhammerstudios.com/index.php

IMO These two have almost 0% chance of quitting or falling apart.

Of course, if non-combat stuff is your cup of tea, there's always the Combat Photography Project. biggrin_o.gif

Nah, kidding. tounge2.gif You've got an impressive portfolio, and you should have no trouble finding a good mod to call home. There's certainly a good number of very promising mods, both in the pipeline and already on their way out the door.

Seeing as you have stated you've worked on british projects before, and have experience in that field, perhaps you should visit our site and our 'mod'

we're well established, on the up, rather than dying (like many mods now waiting on Armed Assault) and in the process of redesigning our site. Not sure if its the one for you, but we're a friendly bunch of lads doing what we enjoy. We're very proffesional and like minded, and always on the search for new team members:

www.project-ukf.com

check the site, join the forums, drop me an IM to chat more smile_o.gif

welcome.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do you know how to make a good coffee ?

lol, i do know how to order coffe from starbucks lol. Ive also made a few free games and mods for battlefield engine and starwars battlefront. and have recieved rewards for most promising mod, and most downlaoded mods.

Quote[/b] ]Of course, if non-combat stuff is your cup of tea, there's always the Combat Photography Project.

hehe ive actually used your mod the camera, i love taking screens like this:

wallpaper2.jpg

www.project-ukf.com looks good (i used to own a L96A1 :P many of fun times down the ranges, i was also part of the british armed forces shooting team, and recieved a crowns marksman badge (i still have it )), im not making a decission yet until i evaluate all the mod sites etc.

PS: I know some ex SAS if it would help you (and even if i didnt join the UK mod i would still ask them for infomation for your mod)

Also

Quote[/b] ]Go here; BIS

ive checked it out, but im not willing to live in Czech republic becuase i have family and friends arround here.

lol, i do know how to order coffe from starbucks lol. Ive also made a few free games and mods for battlefield engine and starwars battlefront. and have recieved rewards for most promising mod, and most downlaoded mods.

Proof?

You're rewarding yourself a lot, I would like to see some proof. Not that I'm doubting you, I would only like to see some proof for your statements. Show us something successful, community sites talking or writing about it etc.

Anybody can say in the anonymity of the internet "Hey I'm Bill Gates, maybe you heard from me I got quite a bit of money, if you want some proof go out and buy Win XP".

Also, why did you choose OFP to mod for? This game is four years old and hardly attracts anyone anymore, so why exactly OFP? If you're really that skilled, you could work for any other newer game couldn't you?