Sign in to follow this  
-HUNTER-

An Najaf map beta release

@ Honcho....

Did ya get the email yet?huh.gif???

Sent it over last night.....

Soon guys soon.....

Been checking out the arabia island and it looks nice!!!

I wish I had time to finish the rest of the map in a similar fashion....

Yes Goon, I got it, will look into it tonight after work. Looking forward to checking it out. smile_o.gif

Hey Goon, I enjoyed your first version of your map, one of the most beautiful and well constructed maps I've ever seen. I really like your attention to detail as the streets are almost perfectly the same as in real life. Thanks for making the Map,

I was wondering if you could tell us a date at which you think you might be realsing the updated version?

thanks anyway

Sorry i havent much time lately...

But you can quote this forum as permission for Honcho Black to send the latest to you by email...

And please post comments when ya try iy out... wink_o.gif

Really busy but would like to see what the community thinks and does with it...

Anyone interested in taking over?

Got no time and would hate to see it die on my HD!!!

And please try and keep the detail the same or i'll whine....

Dont forget to give me updates and I'll tell ya what I planned to show on my map...

Lots or urban areas to copy and paste for other town and I could give ya a heads up on the Real Life areas I would like to finish....

And just give Honcho a PM here in the forums.....I dont think he'd ,ind sending you the file.....

Why dont u just release as is if no one asks to continue, Id do it if I was good at island making, but im not really good at following real maps. and I get bored of making them. I like to make missions and campaigns more

pistols.gif

in anycase y dont u just email it to me goon

Any chance someone can supply us with a working link to the Coloured Lights addon?

None of the ones are working here, and I've conducted one Google search after another, with no results.

Has there been any word on that impending update?

Yours,

Kyle

Loaded up this island in the editor, and it's extremely impressive in scale, and the visuals it supplies are disturbingly similar to scenes I've seen broadcast over our sanitized news coverage.

It makes me all the more eager to find out if the updated beta is still going to be released for OFP, or has development completely shifted to ArmA?

I roamed the city for quite some time, and never could find its now infamous cemetery. Is this because it's still being worked on, or am I blind and have walked by it a thousand times, never seeing it? If the cemetery is in the build that's been released, could someone direct me to which quadrant it's in (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW) so I can focus my search more productively?

I feel that the one feature that's most absent from the city are buildings & structures that can be entered. I had extremely smooth framerates, so I'm pretty confident that adding more of these structures wouldn't be all too demanding. The rest of the oddities, such as the buildings that are set too low in the ground, the roads that quickly evaporate beyond the city's borders, aren't a real concern for me, since I've read that said areas are being addressed.

Great work, and thanks for all the time that's been poured into this.

Kyle

smile_o.gif

is there anyway I could get a hold of this Najaf map? I have looked high and low, with no success. Sorry if it has been advertised, I just can't seem to find it. If someone would like to link me in kindness, pm me and I can provide my e-mail.

Hi +Sokar. The download link in the first post still works for me. If it doesn't work for you, IM me and I will send you it personally.

-Pilot

Here's a ZIP file with the pbo inside.  Not the original download, I'm not too sure where to get that.

Colored Lights

-Pilot

Thank you. T'was the only addon I needed.