Sign in to follow this  
-HUNTER-

An Najaf map beta release

OK i'll see what I can do......

@Manhunter....i'll send ya the latest ASAP, could ya whip up a few screens?

For now..I think theres a few of the neew cemetary a couple pages back...

yeah, i would like to see some new pictures...

I wonder if anyone has thought about doing Kuwait, and Kuwait City...  That would be a great map.  I have tried but to no prevail

huh.gifhuh.gif

Wow, just DL the toyota wars map... thumbs-up.gif

Really nice map.

Would anyone be interested in helping me finish this map?

One person can only do so much on his own....

Need help with foliage placement, powerlines, a few more areas ....US base, and the imfamous weapons storage facility.

Please respond here if your interested...

And are the roads corrected? Because the AI doesn't understand it anymore with al those short in the middle of nowhere pieces of road tounge2.gif

Dont worry the roads are much better now....

Only a few touch ups here and therre left. wink_o.gif

huh.gifhuh.gif

Wow was the map that bad guys?huh.gif?

Seems to be little interest in this map...thought it would be much more popular.....

Anyway...still working on the map and alll of the areas I will feature are on the map....That means the detailed areas are in progress.

The new areas added are

-A refinery or similar located just SE of the airport.

-A Military base to the North of the city that includes artillary positions.

-And finally the notorious Najaf Weapons storage facilities to the NW of the city.

All of the new areas are being laid out according to the satelite images at Google Local..So if ya like you can zoom in and easily find these new areas on the real world maps. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Just thought that those of you who ARE interested would like an update....BTW a few screen shots here and there would be appreciated. wink_o.gif

Wow was the map that bad guys

Seems to be little interest in this map...thought it would be much more popular.....

You have 6 pages of posts here, its not all that bad. However, personally I have not tried out this island because the ridiculous addon requirements.

Yes I agree with the info re the addons Can it all be packaged into 1 download.

No, not possible. This island requires too many addons to package them all into one. However, I think if you actually download this island and the required addons, you will think it will be worth it. Besides, all the addons that are required you should have anyway wink_o.gif

-Pilot

I'm still very interested in the island, but as most of us know, or have been reprimanded for, I hate to ask how it's going incase you assume we're asking for a release date. Maybe I just jumped to a conclusion though.

Anyways, great map, have been hoping that everything is still continuing on the project. Good luck.

wink_o.gif

Thanks for the comments!!!

And snake ...I think pilots right, most of the addons are probably on your HD anyway..

I'll make up a todo list tonight when I have more time..

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

Had'nt seen it....Thanks aplenty!!!!!!!!

DL now....

PS wait till ya see the new grave models by Pilot... wink_o.gif

sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Sad but true commentary....

The movie was very well made..... huh.gif

I'm kinda speechless.....and hope no one from that part of the world is offended by my making a map of a real life conflict area. sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

That being said.....great OFP movie!!!

But wow, the subject matter is pretty in your face!!

HOLY Fkn F...

That video is absolutly THE best ofp footage EVERRR!

OMG that must have been allot of work??? Really really really reaaalllllly well made dude! This is un believable Ive tried doing such things for sooo long on this map aswell!

This has made me want FRAPS full version baaad. Also I need to figure out cutscening.

To be honest THIS exactly is THE thing I want to make eventually with Goon's map and the Iraq style addons out there, and Ive been wanting this for 3 years now! This is really great work man, fucking awesome!

Its really too bad that I dont understand camera scripting yet, Ive got some really great ideas for scenes, also some more hardcore US FIBUA stuff, also IED and VBIED attacks, JDAM strikes against a few insurgents, convoy's being attacked, lots of stuff like that.

Ever since this whole thing started I wanted to recreate stuff I see on the television and the internet. But not only US hardcore stuff, I also wanted to do exactly something like this, show ppl why these things happen. This is great work dude, and wait till you see the updated map!

On my request Goon has added some areas that would be EXCELLENT for shooting some footage.

Edit

check this link for all meh pictures!

WARNING EXTREME PICTURE OVERLOAD 56K be gone!

Let it load em all before checking, you will have to wait for the 100+ pics to load up!  crazy_o.gif

LINK to page1 of an najaf topic opflash.org

Will we get an updated version soon? It looks nice in the OpFlashpoint.org forum. smile_o.gif

Manhunter09

Had a look at that opflashpoint.org forum topic, looking good mate! I saw some discussion of explosives/satchel charges. I think I noticed your name in the IED thread, but I think you were talking about some kind of breaching charge, right? Im pretty sure that the WGL mod included a small charge for blowing in doors etc...

Looking forward to the next update of An Najaf!!

Yeah I was talking about something to blow down fences and doorways. I use the IED's ALLOT! For IED attacks but also as extra power for large explosions, I also like to use the large ied as trigger to set off a shitload of explosive stuff.

Im working on IED attacks and ambushes on the map... As seen from humvee 2 it looks well, you actually drive thrue the cloud and cannot see shit.

IED attack

Some new update pictures coming out soon...