Sign in to follow this  
Bambi

International SF Pack

This project isn't dead...Not yet atleast smile_o.gif

I haven't been able to do much the past few months due to school and RL, but I slowly started to pick up the project again the past few weeks; this time with a new vision.

I have gotten rid of the whole "photoshop" look and have instead gone with photorealistic textures and have used Offtime's Jon Doe templates for the uniform. I have also implemented Llauma's new head and heavily editted the civilian model to fit my needs and at the same look more realistic.

This is pretty much the result of the highly updated American SF:

highres7vl.th.jpghighres27hz.th.jpghighres30vm.th.jpghighres40zb.th.jpg

Keep in mind these are very early screens, this unit could be changed greatly in the coming weeks.

My plan as of now is to make different variants for the American SF, and then move onto the next country. The fact that I'm now using photorealistic textures limits the number of countries that I can make unless amazing reference photos of equipment are given, if you can help with this PM me asap.

Woo, this is just great! yay.gif

Just few questions. First of all, even if this pack represents real modern specops, can this is be used as an universal, too, like the last one, not bound to any country? Because I have this small project going on, doing a "squad pic" and I'm featuring my mates, giving each one different face and weapon, half of them are Brits and the rest aren't, so I'm trying to get an international/renegade look. Secondly, any estimate of how wide variety of units/camoes we will get? I see the 3-color DCU (apparently needs some more work... wink_o.gif ), I assume we'll be getting atleast woodland, too, but is tan/OD/black in your mind? If not, I might be able to get my friend modify the textures, he's really good with photo editing, as he's a visual artist by profession. But anyways, I hope they have many sorts of hats, brings a nice touch.

But they already look really nice, I'll be waiting eagerly! Gotta inlove.gif these...

It’s looking extremely promising, very nice work!

Heh, with these and Offtime’s units, we’re going to be spoilt for choice. biggrin_o.gif

wow, what weapon pack are those weapons in the screenshots from ?

and are you only having these international soldiers in desert camo?

The textures on the vests are just insanely good....looks like the real deal! biggrin_o.gif

holy s*** they look better than vbs units wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

They have a strange look in their eyes (Llauma's head, I know). Like they are looking at something truelly amazing.

Also the front sight looks a little wrong in terms of scaling, but that might just be the alcohol-abuse speaking confused_o.gif

The camo looks a little weird/stretched. What type of camo is it supposed to represent?

The rest of the textures seem ok to me thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have gotten rid of the whole "photoshop" look and have instead gone with photorealistic textures

A true expert can make a complete new texture look photorealistic by handpainting(not offending your skills).

If I am completely wrong, then I blame it all on the effects of alchohol help.gif

Edit: but good work though, despite it might seem as a bit much criticism... confused_o.gif

The camo looks a little weird/stretched. What type of camo is it supposed to represent?

Who cares? It represents kicking ass and eating beef jerkey, for all I care!

Bambi, friggin awesome work man, keep it up!

Lookin' great! Im really looking forward to the release. Theres some texture stretch, but Im sure your already aware of it. Otherwise... notworthy.gif

Man - looks amazing, love the texturing on the legs - freaking awesome work, one of the best texturing jobs ive ever seen biggrin_o.gif

vey nice

just one thing bambi.

kep poly count low

theres no need for hyper detail aswell as 2048*2048 textures

which cant be displayed in ofp anyway smile_o.gif

(learned from my shit )

but so far so good

Perhaps a bit too much shading and wrinkles on the 3-color desert camouflage, but for the rest it looks INSANE!

These look like something I haven't seen before in OFP, except for Jennifer's units. Improve the camouflage a little and this will be an extremely high quality addon!!

notworthy.gif

WOW these look so awesome very very nice job

Just one thing the boots hes wearing look a little like trainers

Just one thing when these are released there will be no other addons to match up to them rofl.gif

Just one thing the boots hes wearing look a little like trainers

Special forces (and especially SEAL's) have been seen using low boots that look much like the ones shown here.

Perhaps it's a nice idea to add an operator with desert tigerstripe. The SEAL's have been using this in afghanistan. I have a picture of it somewhere, I'll try to find it.

Looking good, but you're talking about different variations here. Can we expect a US woodland version too?

I always enjoy crawling around in the woods more than sand.

textures are realy cool

and vest details are amaizing

but jon doe kit is not the best model

notice the boxyness of pants and arms

ive made few nice body parts variants with Willec

if you want to give them a try, just drop me your email via pm.

good luck with this project Bambi, it looks realy not like OFP :-)

Looks superb so far, really not like ol OFP smile_o.gif

Btw, good to see you back Bambi, was bit worried cause you suddently disapeared smile_o.gif

thats beautiful, very very cool, but i dont see knee Pads and maybe you wiildoing  modular strike drop leg platform

but i dont see knee Pads

Kneepads are mostly used in CQB these days. When on long range (foot)patrol you don't see them as often. The problem with kneepads is that you can't run with them (they keep sliding down). So sometimes you see men wearing them around the ankles.

So these units don't really need kneepads. Perhaps he can add them and randomize them or make them an option in the mission editor. But it's not really a must for this addon to have kneepads.

how does the face texture work? is it compatible with custom faces by users?

if not maybe balaclavas would be cool (with out the ears too)

im just thinking about when you make a team of these guys.

you dont want it to look like clone wars LOL biggrin_o.gif

If its anything like the old version, its randomly changed (via an init eventhandler triggering a script) to a selection of different faces within a seperate PBO. Unless things have changed majorly since earlier versions, they wont be compatible with custom faces.

Anyway, these units are looking top-notch, several of the screenshots even look like they're bump-mapped biggrin_o.gif (obviously they're not because its beyond the limitations of the engine as far as I know).

Perhaps a bit too much shading and wrinkles on the 3-color desert camouflage, but for the rest it looks INSANE!

These look like something I haven't seen before in OFP, except for Jennifer's units. Improve the camouflage a little and this will be an extremely high quality addon!!

notworthy.gif

I agree with Cpt. FrostBite on the 3 colour desert BDU textures to much shaders and wrinkles all other textures on the vest and gear looks super cool nice job thumbs-up.gif

Glad you guys like it.

There will be a woodland version too along with the desert one. I'm still sorting out the gear though and how I'm gonna set this all up.

A true expert can make a complete new texture look photorealistic by handpainting(not offending your skills).

I have no patience sad_o.gif. I simply just don't want to take my time handpainting each piece of gear realistically, when I can take the easy way out and just hunt down equipment shots. It's just my preference, so no offence taken smile_o.gif

hyper detail aswell as 2048*2048 textures
The textures haven't passed 1024 yet so no worries.

Regarding the other equipment, I'm planning to make a variety of gear so just watch this thread for future updates.