Sign in to follow this  
offtime

Polish GROM operators

I have also found something strange about user made soldier addons, they dont show thru the glass windows in the Everon/Montignac café's, first tried the GROM, some pilots, RHS infantry, etc. I wonder why confused_o.gif .

It's OFP bug. As far as I remember it's connected with transparent .paa textures.

Seems to be a nice peace of work but WAIT for PM ?

And the Quest for the password ...

rofl.gif

he didnt actully tell me the password i received the pbos in a zip via msn and didnt have any idea about the password till i saw this thread. in reality this is basically the same thing as being told it.

I wasnt meaning to gloat or anything about having the addon and having not pm'd you and im sorry if came across this way confused_o.gif. I wasnt in the best of moods when i posted that probably didnt help a huge amount either

again impressive work mate thumbs-up.gif

What a waste.  Its too bad not very many mission makers will use it, or at least release missions with it.  Generally speaking most mission makers will not release a mission using an addon that is not easy to download and use because most players will try the download link and be like, "WTF??? Screw this" and simply move on to some other mission. Will mission makers be allowed to include this addon (without password) with their mission perhaps?

Unless this addon is a beta or part of a larger pack that will come out later, I highly suggest you release a version without the password.  If you are gathering stats, you only should need a relatively small sample size during the first week or two of release to get an idea of interest level on the addon.  If this is not the case, then I can only assume that you are doing it in order to have people beg you for the password and lavish praise upon you.  I'm not saying you don't deserve praise for your work.  It looks like a nice addon.  But you don't need to force people to PM you in order to get praise unless you just like controlling people.  

I hope this is not the case and that your stats will be gathered soon and you will release a version without the password.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Found a small "magical" issue with semtex, if you arm it and pick it back it will turn into a satchel charge, just posting helpfull feedback (i hope) smile_o.gif .

btw, while speaking about the semtex....

would it be possible to script it so you can attach it to vehicles? (like in FDF)

Exceptionally nice work Offtime! by far the greatest units released for ofp to this date.

And the weapon pack by Agent Smith and Marcin_BM is a fantastic complement for these units.

Many thanks to all involved. notworthy.gif

Damn, this addons is great! Hope someone makes a mission involving GROM operations soon.

Waited for Password ....

about 20 Hours ...

Addon D E L E T E D ...

This about "no problem to send some PM´s"

Sorry Offtim your personal reasons are not good for a dying comunity ....

Waited for Password ....

about 20 Hours ...

Addon D E L E T E D ...

20 hours? Mine took less time. What did you do? Send it to the wrong person or something. biggrin_o.gif

HAHAHA!

Haven't you noticed that it's New Year today? Some people might have not recovered from last night fever yet. biggrin_o.gif

Happy New Year to you all! smile_o.gif

Waited for Password ....

about 20 Hours ...

Addon D E L E T E D ...

two things

1. just double checked on all forums mentioned in readme, no message from you.

2. O MY GOD ! YOU WONT PLAY WITH MY ADDON ? IM GONA CRY LIKE A 12 YEARS OLD GIRL ! BLLLLEEEEEEE.......

dude, you dont think clearly

first of all, i didnt made this addon for you, or for any of you

ive made this addon for me

but i thought i could share it with others

and maybe check the scale of interest in polish units for ofp

so i came up with this password thingy

but now i see that some ppl havw some issues with that

like:

1. if its free, why do i need to ask for password

answer: becouse asking for password doesnt change that, its still free

2. why do i need to send ass kissing PM's to get password ?

answer: you dont, ask around, its enoughts to write "dude, give me the password"

and something to all those idiots that bitch about password:

I dont give shit about the fact that you dont like it, i dont give shit if you will play my addon or not

if i would, i would personaly email you this addon, and maybe even install in ofp directory

but simply i dont

why ?

and why would i ?

first it was about gathering stats to judge interest in this addon

but now i think i will start to release all my addons this way

just to make it harder for idiots that think i SHOULD give them somethingg for free and maybe even beg them to download it.

some ppl in this community are so spoilt...

final word

Thank you for all those who helped me gathering stats, i hope you enjoy playng with this addon.

Next update of it will be Urban Theme operators, and it will be pass protected with the same password.

prev12el.th.jpg.prev27sk.th.jpg

True words man.

Great units btw. tounge2.gif

Happy New Year to you all!

Had time to play with the units and they are suberb, thumbs up Offtime

I wonder why we have this discussion about the passwords, if its Offtimes wish you gotta respect it, its a gift so if he at least wants a PM then why not.

Thanks for the quick reply bud smile_o.gif Just had a quick go with these guys. And i'm very impressed. Just out of wonder are there any desert Groms? Anyway keep up the good work

thumbs-up.gif

i have liked all abuot them inlove.gif beautiful model, beautiful textures, weapons and faces , well , maybe those eyes a little scaring biggrin_o.gif , and the detail of the bandages is super notworthy.gif

thanks thumbs-up.gif

The upcoming Grom urban operators look great, looking forward to them. I like the first screenshot alot. thumbs-up.gif

I have quite some fun with the new Grom units, I chased them through a couple of missions and they came, saw and conquered. Its excellent fun to play with so detailed units. Can`t thank you enough for the way these units enrich my OFP playing experience.

OFFGROM16.jpg

PS: To all that seem to have a problem with the way the addon is distributed, can`t you see how small a "price" a single pm is for such an excellent addon. Why can`t the authors wishes be accepted without a discussion about it. huh.gif

Got to agree with Miles Teg, the PM thing is gonna massively restrict the use of this addon in missions. But I guess if it's only to measure interest in Polish units, I can sort of understand. I suppose in the next version it won't have the password. (If you plan to release a newer version at some point).

Anyway, the screenshots and feedback about this are awesome, I'll have to check this out some time. thumbs-up.gif

Hi Offtime,

These GROM units look excellent.  Sent you a message for the pw from this forum.  Also...are their any missions for the GROM units besides "Operation Thunder"?  Where can I get "Operation Thunder" from?

GD Mast

Hi Offtime,

These GROM units look excellent. Sent you a message for the pw from this forum. Also...are their any missions for the GROM units yet?

GD Mast

I waiting for the answer.... tounge2.gif

I tested the units after retrieving th infamous password  tounge2.gif

They are, as already mentioned, excellent looking troops. And since you asked about the interest for polish troops in OFP...

I would be interested in a troop pack with quality units, if it came in a download similar to SFP 4.0. For me the size of the DL itself is no big deal. But i prefer addon packs to full blown mods, because it allows me to use the units together with other addon packs (BAS_tonal, SFP, et cetera).

CSLA and FDF are good mods, but they are impossible to use together, hence I make very few missions with them. I prefer well made, matching and JAM compatible addons that can be used together with the ECP (like this one).

Keep up the good work. If you guys could release an addonpack with vehicles, sodliers, a few helo's and one or two planes together with the GROM units I would use them. You have my word on it  smile_o.gif

CSLA and FDF are good mods, but they are impossible to use together, hence I make very few missions with them. I prefer well made, matching and JAM compatible addons that can be used together with the ECP (like this one).

One big advantage of making missions for mods is you wont need to search for 20 diferent addon packs to play 1 mission, you will just need the mod and its updates.

Another big advantage of MOD's is that the style and quality of the units contained is usually the same , meaning the missions or game wont look bad displaying diferent looking addons .

Ex: Making a mission of GROM SF vs BIS resistance units = rofl.gif .

But if you believe that a OPFL mod containing polish and opfor units looking this good would be a bad thing... pistols.gif .