Sign in to follow this  
TheLenny

Star Light Island

very nice island , especially the city parts but a few things could be done better, the shore lines at some places felt a bit to squarish. Also my main issue is that there is far to few enterable buildings in the city. I really wish that if you make a new version sometime could edit some of the nice buildings you have in the island and make them with doors and rooms and windows open so you can go inside houses and stuff. Also the airport was nice and i liked the "gates" for passengers to go onboard the passenger aircrafts but i would very much like if they could be used too biggrin_o.gif , as i mentioned earlier that they would be even more useful if players and maybe a.is would be able to go inside or bet setposed inside the buildings so you can use the terminals and buildings for miami vice missions or counter terrorist missions wtih a twist. Like it is right now all the combat would have to be done out doors cause the enemies can't occupy the buildings. Also would be nice if you made the aircontrol tower enterable so people can do some sniping from there or snipe any enemies that could be there wink_o.gif

Also want to mention that the island runs very smooth on my comp and that was a smaller surprise smile_o.gif so good job on that one. I like all the objects that you put out on the island like wrecked cars and stuff. Makes it really feel more of a 1960-2000 city than some 1800 century island with small villages here and there biggrin_o.gif this island could definetly be mission making material i believe thumbs-up.gif

this map looks awesome - good work indeed, now all thats left is a  zombie mission for this island biggrin_o.gif  pistols.gif

Wow, I was thinking the same thing! biggrin_o.gif

Will someone maybe make a like crime city for this or somthing PLEASE this map is well uber. i love it lol its massive and aswell as that its really cool but it would be cool if the 18 wheeler was multiplayer compatable

is the creator of this island still working on it?

if so ive takin the liberty of making a tiny change to it:

slairport.jpg

since its become my new favorite island to just play with, i went ahead and changed the airport to use the aces it textures, added in the mapfact control tower, the mapfact airport terminal, specialy placed to connect to the exsisting one to look like its all one buidling and took special care to make sure the side with the steps on it were facing the orginal terminal to give the apperence that it continues on.

also changed the heliport slightly, and added 2 helipads, and 2 hangers (one for each helo) using the old cwc hangerhalls.

the runways are the same lenght, well the far one might be slightly longer then it was, but the runway lights are untouched (added a few for the far runway) and the near runway is the same lenght as it was. so the ILS system and all that should still work without issue.

it took me 4 hours to do since i had to rework the transisions cuz it went form a desert strip to a grassy one to match the runway texture bordes. but its all blended nicely and all that, so it looks nice.

oh yea the far runway has a connecting taxiway out of the picture. at the lower left corner of that pic where the 36 is, it extends over to the other runway. thats the only accessway to that runway. however the long one has 4 acess ways from the runway and between 10 and 15 acessways to parking and loading pads.

shoulda known pappy would make his own lil changes icon_rolleyes.gif the airport really bugged me tho, default textures and absolutly no enterable buildings sad_o.gif but the outsides of the buildings and the layout of the airport were very nice. thumbs-up.gif

played Crime in the city on this island a few times. Even got me to make a few more civil cars. Noticed a few building can be entered like the police station. Nice is the AI can usualy navigate the whole island in most of the vehicles. And a few hostage rescue missions in it. nice favorite with Ocean Island now. Made or scrounge dup other police units to use for this island. and make some cars I've wanted in ofp for some time.

shoulda known pappy would make his own lil changes icon_rolleyes.gif the airport really bugged me tho, default textures and absolutly no enterable buildings sad_o.gif but the outsides of the buildings and the layout of the airport were very nice. thumbs-up.gif

why do you think i became a modder in the first place?

i got tired of nice addons going to waste that needed only a minor change to suit my needs, and the addon athours unwillingness to do so.

as they say if u want something done right, do it yourself.

no offense to the author of course, the airport was the only change i felt was warrented for this island

you could contact the author of the island to see if he wants to include your airport in a future update wink_o.gif .

you could contact the author of the island to see if he wants to include your airport in a future update  wink_o.gif .

why do you think i posted in this topic? tounge2.gif

you could contact the author of the island to see if he wants to include your airport in a future update  wink_o.gif .

why do you think i posted in this topic?  tounge2.gif

you wanted to gloat over us? huh.gif

I have noticed on the original screens some nice vehicles ( large truck and police vehicle). What addons are those? The large truck I kind of remember. There was one about 2 years ago that made too much noise on OFP maps. You could hear it half way across the map. Is it the one? Was it fixed to be less loud? Can anyone suggest a good civilian car pack? Both east and west cars.

Also, how big is this island compare to lets say Nogova?

why do you think i posted in this topic?  tounge2.gif

you wanted to gloat over us?  huh.gif

no, i was showing the author what i did.

Let's have it then, pappy wink_o.gif

eh why the hell not

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/files/SLC.rar

its 2 megs cuz it includes the aces_it.pbo since its next to impossible to find outside island packs. it also requires the mapfacts airport addon, but seriously who doesnt have that? i mean come on.

this is for the author only! in case he wants to continue work on this island. however i have no control over if the rest of yall download it too, its in pbo form so u can replace your old one.

Airport Bugs im too lazy to fix:

Road around terminal moved slightly, used straight peices to reconnect it, there are some slight gaps, oh well.

the ILS system (thats autoland for you non OFP speaking peoples) works, you land on the close runway. however the plane taxi's in the grass rather then the taxiway due to the postion of the ILS beacons in the config and im too lazy to fix that since im the one who lands the plane and i know where to taxi. if someone else wants to fix the ILS and the road, be my guest. ive got this island good enough for me, im not a perfectionist, never have been never will be.

oh yea the runways are slightly longer then the orginals but the runway lights are in place so you wont notice a differnce. plus i added some more red lights too for approch and "end" of runway

in case anyone is wondering, theres no performance drop for either changes/additions. enjoy.

another mirror from WGLCTI.com

This RaR contains the mapfact Addon req for this island..

http://www.wglcti.com/islands/SLC.rar

i don't have mapfacts airport where to get it  nener.gif

i probally have it in one of my MODS but would like a link to the the REQ addon for this island

i will eventully Port over a MFCTI on this island and would like to make avliable all the REQ addons  crazy_o.gif

thanks  notworthy.gif

Nice work Pappy ! And thanks ! The airport looks much better now yay.gif

I'll add your work and I'll try to fix the "ILS system" for the next update thumbs-up.gif

I'll also try to add some others enterable building. I'm a beginner at OË› modeling, but I'll do my best wink_o.gif

just search ofp.info

ill be damed if i can find it crazy_o.gif

i searched mapfact site too am i blind ?

mabe you can find for me or someone ?

or better yet list the names of the PBO's and ill search my PC im sure i have it somewhere...

thanks

Daniel @ Jan. 20 2006,00:36)]I typed Mapfact in the search engine, not sure if it's the latest version... tounge2.gif

Mapfact Aiport 1.2

thanks man

gee never thought to search here crazy_o.gif

Nice work Pappy ! And thanks ! The airport looks much better now  yay.gif

I'll add your work and I'll try to fix the "ILS system" for the next update  thumbs-up.gif

I'll also try to add some others enterable building. I'm a beginner at O˛ modeling, but I'll do my best  wink_o.gif

oh fantastic you are still working on it smile_o.gif

yes please by all means use it. all you need to do is move the taxi waypoint thingys over a degree or two and that should do fine. real simple to do. and dont forget to fix that road too in front of the terminal, i moved it and didnt align it properly.

great island. i absolutly enjoy it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And thanks !

well you asked for everything else from New Ocean Island, i figured you should have our airport too smile_o.gif or at least the runway portion of it. so your very welcome. glad i could help

im getting error i think im missing a texture or is the island has a bug ?

screens shots below with error

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

this is using papys updated version crazy_o.gif