Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

American Civil War Mod v.1.2 released.

Heres one that I have fixed just open it up and place on your desktop the shortcut is alreaady made.

CWMOD ICON WITH SHORT CUT

Here is how its fixed up:

Target:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=CWMOD

Start in:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint"

Online works fine.

Besides it'll be ages before they get any good games into stores 'round here...

Hey again all been a while..., was wondering if you've been looking into ARMA atr all? hope its going well

Hey again all been a while..., was wondering if you've been looking into ARMA atr all? hope its going well

Unfortunately I wont see the full version of ArmA until MAY!   crazy_o.gif

stonewall

as is looks like it will take up till may for a decent

finished version crazy_o.gif

as is looks like it will take up till may for a decent

finished version  crazy_o.gif

Yes there are bugs in the demo version as well. hopefully they'll be sorted out by the time the game hits the North American market! thanks to all our euro beta testers notworthy.gif

Lets hope there's no problem porting the mod over to ArmA.

We might have too coax Trig outta retirement for this one. wink_o.gif

I'm actually looking foward to the multiple gunners and if I can find a decent moddler, we can redo the "Virginia" and the "monitor" the way they were meant too be.

stonewall

Hmm Yeah It's gonna be a couple of months till I get new CPU

anyway, But the new Ai stuff may be promising for formations etc and the Unit numbers etc could also be promising....lots could be done with the new Engine, but I doubt if people will feel like doing more than just porting the units etc across (wich would be pleasing enough for me)....Besides imagine the new problems why does the

Stonewall Brigade stop Drop and Roll.... confused_o.gif

ah well theres always the Dream of some big staged line fights with Regiments moving back and forth without it getting oot Scrappy...

I'm going to go back to flahpoint ACw when I get my new machine and see what max units looks like, with Res as attackers (a few units with side set to either west or east) 2000 odd attackers versus 1000 defenders and a whole load of Lag... rofl.gif

Well, i've been checking on you guys from time to time.

Now that AA has been mentioned, i strongly recommend at least another month or so before you consider buying it.

Unless your rig is really state of the art, that is.

The last update, 1.05 i think, fixed a lot of things but still its not what you were used to (OFP)performance wise.

I got mine right after they started selling it in Germany, but only started looking deeper into it after the last upgrade was released.

Just could not stand the lack of performance, sickly flight controls and low solution settings.

One major concern is the grass, nice at it is, it still obscures the view a lot more than the real thing, so i got my ass shot a lot faster and more often then in OFP.

Hey Tsala, how was the hunting season in the red man's territory ?

Got any meat, or at least a few yanks ? pistols.gif

(my piggy bank goes pregnant with a .45 as of late)

Godspeed,

Pickett

I have not got to hunt much because of my foot, yes I am still having alot of problems and its got my doctor worryed that she may not even get the pain down too much right now she has me on Morphine and Heroin at the same time with almost no pain relief.

It just helps alittle she says I have major damage from the accident 2 years ago and I have got arthritis bad in my ankle and toes and both knees.

But we did get to go the Chickamuga Battlefield the first of March.We took about 340 pictures.There has been alot of vandalism around the park and it made me and my wife sick.

And the little website I had has grown alot too.

http://www.freewebs.com/ofpmodders/

Chickamauga Battlefield picture link

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums....lefield

Wow!

Great photos, wonderful looking countryside.

Wish I can visit someday...

Those are some cool pic's. The thing i always think about when i visit historic sites is that people faught here one day but it doesnt feel like it. lol I think i made sense.

On this Chickamauga Battefield my GGGGrandfather Jasper Newton Gossett died on the battlefield on Sep 20, 1863 Company E, 19th Alabama Infantry Regiment.

He had 3 brothers and 2 cousins in the same unit and one of the cousins PVT William Ashley was shot in leg at Chickamauga. Died of wounds in ths hospital in Atlanta October 22, 1863. Buried in Oakland Cemetery, Atlanta GA.

And I have found alot of family members fought there too, on both sides of my family and even some that fought on the yankee side.

When we have time we are planning to visit every battlefield that my family was in. So far we know of over 100 family members that fought in the war.

Heres just a few that I have posted I have more names to add but its a long long list.

http://www.freewebs.com/ofpmodders/warbetweenthestates.htm

And my tribe and family found out that I am blood kin to Chief Dragging Canoe.

Pickett what kind of .45 do you have? I sold my M21 and my M4 clone. But I still have my M24 build and still working on it, its only set up for about 1000 yard range, when I get finished she will be for about 1400 to 1600 yard gun and I have a 18 shot Beretta 92FS 9mm.

When things get better we are talking about getting another M4 clone.

Remy700037600x450.jpg

It is just a little more then 18 month since i was infected with that gun virus, so my arsenal is still somewhat limited.

cal.58 Musket, Enfield Navy, Model 1858

cal.44 Remington sixshooter, Model New Army (percussion also)

SigSauer P226 9mm,

The .45 is a CZ97 B. Still sits at my dealers place, waiting for the paperwork to get through.

(Where would we germans be without tons of paperwork ?)  notworthy.gif

Soon, Pickett, you're gonna be packing more punch than your entire division at G'burg.

nice picks Tsal .......sorry too hear bout your problems.

that M24 is ........ideal for home defence for sure...... wink_o.gif

what tribe are you? I'm Mohawk ...my father is from the "six nations" in Ontario. I hav'nt been back there in a while since I live in Calgary now but the reserve extends into the states I believe.

@ Pickett ..... man you got more weapons than the Taliban...

time to go too war! Paperwork first though......

whistle.gif

I know how it is living in Canada, you can't fart without a permit...... sad_o.gif

stonewall

you can't fart without a permit...... sad_o.gif

If I were a state official, an application for such a permit would be instantly denied! tounge2.gif

But I used to live in Ontario and didn't find things too restrictive.

I remember shooting guns twice when visiting some friends farms.

Was no problem shooting in the field behind a farm.

Now back here in Slovenia you can only shoot in shooting clubs, in safe indoor galleries, except if you're a registered hunter.

Don't have any guns currently and don't want to either.

We'll I've been playing the North American Demo and all I can say is WOW!!!! What an Improvement over the last one.

I was playing a single player mission and was able too command 24 units! Very nice.From what I understand we will be able too command as many as 144 units. Hope everyone has a good rig too run this one on though. Still It looks good.

still 2 weeks till I get my mits on the full version.

Lets keep the Civil War Mod going!

I will try too recruit some of our European brethren who have had the full version for a while and hope too have some input from the old members of the mod.

talk too you all in three weeks...... tounge2.gif

stonewall

I'm having trouble downloading the Civil War Mod. It downloads a single RAR file as opposed to the full folder. Anyone able to tell my why this is? And if so how to fix it?

I'm having trouble downloading the Civil War Mod. It downloads a single RAR file as opposed to the full folder. Anyone able to tell my why this is? And if so how to fix it?

Going on somewhat of a calculated guess here, but I think you don't have a program capable of opening .rar files, so you can't extract the mod.

Download [WinRaR] to be able to do this.