Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

American Civil War Mod v.1.2 released.

Right.... That is good to hear! smile_o.gif

Will need to download the mod, and am going to join you all soon, perhaps i will manage to do it tonight, if not well then tomorrow morning. pistols.gif

EDIT: Ok mod installed, ready to play biggrin_o.gif And i also wanted to ask if there is a specific server where people play at? And if so what server would it be?

Thanks

2 new Updates:

1.) This time it's for the Yankees: The Sharps Rifle is getting a new optic, and the Berdan's Sharpshooters, as well as the Iron Brigade, will get an officer addon to match the soldiers. I will post some screenshots later to show you what has been done.

2.) But more importantly: The multiplayer mission is almost done, entering BETA stage today ( ! ) - most of the basics are working.

Good news! PM me if you want the MP mission tested.

As promised earlier today I present to you the newest pictures showcasing the new optic for the Sharps Rifle as well as the two new Yankee officers, one for the Iron Brigade and the other for the Berdan's Sharpshooters:

scryankro9.th.jpg

If things go well we will playtest the MP mission today to check if the basics need some fine tuning and to decide whether to add squad soldiers respawn or to leave it as it is.

Anyway here is the link to the newest download (5,59 MB) for the mod including the new features, updating the LongstreetMOD Addon to version 1.2; as always read the ReadMe file included.

---old downloadlink removed----

Another update is coming soon - I had some LOD problems with the new soldiers and now have the answers on how to fix those (thx ProfTournesol!wink_o.gif. If I manage to do it today I will if not you can expect the update later in the week.

Gentlemen I'm happy to report: The BETA Test of the MP mission I'm working on was a full success! ( thank you -snafu-! ) There was almost no LAG as far as we could tell, the weapons where working and respawn was working. Now all that is left to do is put in some objectives and clean up everything, maybe add some eyecandy too. (And of course address the LOD problems but that shouldn't be too hard now that I know what to do). So expect a new update as well as the multiplayer mission release soon!

The soldiers in gray and butternut will get some more rifles to shoot at "those people" - the CSA made Richmond Rifle Musket as well as the Fayetteville Armory Rifle Musket also manufactured in the Confederate States - both by courtesy of JdB of the late House Divided Mod ( thank you! ) . I will put up some pictures when I find the time.

Thanks LongstreetCSA for the new add-ons. I'm glad to see this one is still going. Haven't been into OFP for awhile (dang xbox360 sure eats up a lot of time), but I've recently found Take Command: 2nd Manassas and decided to see if anything was new in the OFP world.

You are welcome daerdevil - glad you like what I have done so far. (btw I like Take Command as well, it's just a shame that it has no MP! Or maybe it is luck for I would play it 24/7 if it would have MP *lol*).

-------------

OK gentlemen, I'm happy that I'm able to report that all LOD issues with the addon-models (both the confederate models as well as the yankee models) have been solved (due to some help from ProfTrournesol) and have been changed to show up correctly. I will put the new Version of the Addon up in a few minutes.

(P.S.: I hope I'm able to finish the multiplayer mission today as well.)

CSAanimatedflag_.gif

Here is the link to the newest download (about 7 MB) for my Addon including all changes from the start and all new features thus updating the LongstreetMOD Addon for usage with the American Civil War Mod to Version 1.3 (as always please read the included ReadMe file for installation instructions and directions on how to use some of the new stuff). Enjoy!!!

http://rapidshare.com/files/124030280/_CWMOD.zip.html

You into AACW Stonewall?

Sorry I took so long to respond Longstreet!

Yes I am. I actually made most of the shorter scenarios for them.

Vicksburg

Atlanta

Far West (Trans Mississippi 61-62)

Kentucky Invasion 1862

1862 west theater

1862 east theater

I recently redid the Gettysburg and Shiloh scenarios which should make it into the next Official patch.

Plus I am an active beta tester for the AGE Engine.

I think Its a great game and a great and highly moddable Engine.

Check out their forums (Most friendly to say the least) and the demo if you don't have the game..(my nic is Bigus........)

AACW Forums

I'm looking foward to checking out your work.

+ check out this link for sharing your files.....It's better than Crappy Share.

MediaFire

@Tsal....Great to see your still active man!

TTYL.

Stonewall

Hey guys, Triglav here.

If any of the old CWMod crew ever by accident still come to this forum, look up the American Civil War mod for Empire:Total War on TWcenter and find me there.

Would be cool to get in touch with some of you again...

Yes of course, that's very nice to have some news of you my old friend, and i'm playing ETW and NTW too from time to time !

Hey guys,DL link isn't working,so could someone give me the working one?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, recently downloaded CWMOD again and I dunno if I am mistaken with other mod or shouldn't cavalry units have horses?

oh yes they are in :) my mistake. I was placing in editor only cavalry units, not mounted cavalry units. how childish :D

Hello,

Maybe I'm wrong but there was custom reloading animation for rifle in this mod, no ? The pistol animation is not the default BIS one.

When I use a gun I have the default OFP rifle animation. It's strange because now I don't know when the weapon is ready to fire.

I have the latest version of the mod with OFP 1.99.

WIll.

Mmm... that's strange, there are custom anims for the rifles and for the pistols...did you install the mod in a correct mod folder and launched it with a custom shortcut ?

Mmm... that's strange, there are custom anims for the rifles and for the pistols...did you install the mod in a correct mod folder and launched it with a custom shortcut ?

It's what I was thinking ... But I don't understand why the pistol anim work but not the rifle anim :j:

But anyway I try to reinstall.

Will.