Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

American Civil War Mod v.1.2 released.

Wonderful optics LongstreetCSA good to see some people who also play this fantastic mod, when will you release your great optics?

Thank you for your kind words HxCxFxL, but most of the praise should go to Triglav and Stonewall and the rest of the old MOD team for it is THEY who have done a wonderful job in the first place. I just build up on that for I disliked those black optics and since noone else seemed to care I had to do something about it myself.

I hope to hear from the old Civil War Mod team, for I would only release it with their blessings. Apart from that the optics I have posted above are ready to go anytime.

Currently I am working on enhancing a few other aspects, for example the pictures in the Multiplayer Setup Screen (which are already done too - here is a screenshot: http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9360/setupscreenflagtu7.jpg), only thing I still have to figure out is how to mod those little russian flag to display the Confederate battleflag...

That's wright what you said with the release (bin absolut deiner Meinung wink_o.gif , sometimes I don't know the english words to write ! ) but I've seen stonewall j. in his arma thread take a look

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....66;st=0

But awesome work you do LongstreetCSA (for me your work is awesome because I can do nothing like that sad_o.gif , just some missions)

Curremtly I am looking into models - I am thinking about doing a few confederate soldiers with beards, since it was common that men had full grown beards in those times - might add variety to the already splendid soldiers to choose from by the CW-mod team.

The multiplayer setup screen is now modded to display the picture of a Union soldier with the US flag in the background or a Confederate soldier with the CS flag in the Background to show the two sides one can pick AND the tiny little confederate flag beside the player name is now displayed too you choose to select the CSA.

Nice optics. It certainly does a lot to improve the look of the mod. Hope you get permission.

Quote[/b] ]Hey guys - you still playing this great MOD? I do but I crave for some MP action - what about doing a match next weekend on saturday aroung 18:00 (GMT +1)?

I would like to try this in MP if you are still up for it?

Very pleased to see that our old CWmod is still alive ! Keep on the good work, those optics are very nice !  yay.gif

Thank you guys!

Great to see you again ProfTournesol, hearing praise from you is more than I deserve since you have made splendid mods in the past (and present btw awesome first WW1 pictures I always did wonder why noone ever tried to do that war)!

@ -snafu- sure I am always up for some MP civil war action!

To CWMOD creators.

I have setup a server running the CW mod but am having some troubles with the missions being unstable.

There is no 'lag' but seemingly horrible desync.

Sometimes missions scripts don't execute at all.

What were you guys experience with CWMOD MP?

Also several missions don't work such as Culps, Prelude, Skirmish etc.

Greetings all.

I have bought Operation Flashpoint for the sole reason that I would like to play this very ACW mod.

Normally I am not fond of FPS, be it just mindless slaughter or strategious games like this. The setting, however, being the ACW makes quite a difference to me!

Unfortunately, I cannot manage to get the game up and running.

Let me explain in detail, perhaps.

Quote[/b] ]DO NOT PUT CWMOD ADDONS INTO YOUR OFP\ADDONS DIRECTORY AS IT WILL NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY!!!

All right, I did not.

Quote[/b] ]The mod comes in a CWMOD folder.

Okay.

Quote[/b] ]Place the CWMOD folder in your main OFP directory.

It contains three subfolders,\DTA, \Bin and \Addons.

It has more than three subfolders. (Screenshot provided below.)

Quote[/b] ]Then create a shortcut on your desktop that launches OFPResistance, open that shortcut, go to properties

and add the line "-mod=CWMod".

Did that.

Quote[/b] ]The Line should read now: "Your drive:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=CWMOD

Errrr... there is no "flashpointresistance.exe"?

Quote[/b] ]OFP should now launch CWMOD with all the proper addons and animations.
Quote[/b] ]Also ... make sure you read the README! It explains some things and points out a few actual bugs and a few issues that may look like bugs but are intentional.

Did not help... I might be blind, but it did not help.

operationflashpoint.png

I am starting to fear that the game I bought is not the right one...

All right... this is stupid, but in the mean time I found out that I indeed got the wrong game.

Yay...

banghead.gifconfused_o.gifhelp.gif

All right... this is stupid, but in the mean time I found out that I indeed got the wrong game.

Yay...

banghead.gif   confused_o.gif   help.gif

You need the Resistance expansion pack hence flashpointresistance.exe.

Search for the Game Of The Year Edition (GOTY) and it has Resistance with it as well as the latest patch. It should come pretty cheap.

Currently I am looking into models - I am thinking about doing a few confederate soldiers with beards, since it was common that men had full grown beards in those times - might add variety to the already splendid soldiers to choose from by the CW-mod team.

Hey there.

Sorry for not logging in for a while...

Sure, you have permission to release the new optics and any other upgrades to the mod any of you feel would benefit to the gaming experience.

On beards...there are quite a few men in there with beards (that match haircolour too), but I'm not exactly sure which name they have in the editor. Most of the generals, obviously, and a few troops too.

ConfJim.jpgUnionHigh.jpgConfInf7.jpgConfInf11.jpgConfZouave4.jpg

The whole list is here:

http://www.petrov-petrov.si/~triglav/CW/CWsoldiers.htm

All best to everyone!

T.

Hey Triglav! Great to hear from you again - haven't seen you in ages, I really hope you are well?! Thank you for backing me up on the optics thing and doing other addons too. I'm glad you approve. I hope I have time to do the rest of the things I meant to do.

Missions come with the mod. Also, a few pages back is a link to a MP mission pack and a file with updated ships and some missions.

Wow Great to see all you guys still interested in the Mod.

Trig, ProfT and Longstreet...good to see you guys are still around.

Great looking Optics Longstreet!

@Snafu... I believe my old site has the last updated mission pack which played out fine in MP but we never tried on server/client just straight ip.

latest mission pack

I was hopeing to get back into ArmA but have been a little busy making scenarios for the AGEod "Blue and The Grey" game plus doing a little beta testing for them. Maybe I'll get back into it in awhile. Take care all.

Stonewall

So you are still around too, Stonewall - that's great! Yes I still play the Civil War Mod regularly sometimes more often sometimes less often depending on how much free time I have. I hope I can post the an updated version of the weapons with those new optics in a few days as well as some more soldier models for the Confederate side.

You into AACW Stonewall? I've played it too, as well as "Take Command - 2nd Manassas" ( a shame it has no MP part! ) and "Forge of Freedom".

Its finally here - the brand new LongstreetMOD an Addon for the highly acclaimed American Civil War Mod. I have to thank the original mod team for without their dedication and wonderful work we wouldn't have this splendid mod to play!

( Beware it is NO standalone mod so it will work ONLY with the latest version of the American Civil War Mod! ).

What is the Addon about? It will put new optics on your musket rifles, add a few soldiers to the Confederate side and change the Multiplayer Setup Screen to show Union and Confederate soldiers as well as Union and Confederate flags.

Here is an image that shows you the new stuff:

modpicks5.th.jpg

You can download version 1.1 of the LongstreetMOD Addon here: ---old downloadlink removed---

A ReadMe is included to help with the correct installation ( USE IT! ).

---------------

In a few days I hope to be able to put up a new mission for Multiplayer usage.

Does anyone still play it online? I'd say i am very interested to play it too now smile_o.gif

pistols.gifyay.gif

@ All: Hope you guys liked what I did - btw: there are NEW things coming up very soon (mainly because I felt I needed them for the MP Mission I'm working on) sometime during the next couple of days and I think some of you Yankees out there will probably like it.

@ Emperor77 - Sure we do, if we find time to do so, I hope to see you among the ranks in the future.