Sign in to follow this  
twisted

SJB + RHS + ECP unit replacement

hi.

i want to play PMC FURY using ECP and SJB weapons for west and RHS weapons for east (and perhaps using houyts great ak101's etc)

has anyone done this (edited the config to creat unit replacmenets of defualt BIS weapons so allow the merging of the weapons and ECP)?

It's to make a fast light mod that uses some of the best weapons out there.

i have read this thread (http://www.digitalgrenade.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=MarPak;action=display;num=1097289130) and this http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=43125

but i am not very clued up with editing configs so i thought maybe someone has done something like this?

I have made a simple replacement attempt, changing the American weapons for Laser's US weapons pack, and the russian ones for the ORCS Russian weapons pack.

Quite simple really, just look up the weapon class in the config, for example "class M16", and change the "Model" part for the one you want to use. The default model is "M16_proxy.p3d" I think. So just change that for "\SJB_TOSM4\SJB_M16A2_proxy.p3d", if you want to use the SJB M16A2. The other model names can be found in the config.cpp of the weapon addon you want to use.

thank you. do the optics automatically change or must it alos be manual?

sorry for ignorance but i know very little. smile_o.gif

No, you need to change the optics .p3d file, too. It's quite easy to do. smile_o.gif Just look in the config.cpp file of the weapon and copy the path modelOptics="??"

Use Enhanced DMA ECP Modpack by AKM :P

I am not sure is he uses SJB or LSR weapons, but check it.

You will find it in Addons Completed forum

Use Enhanced DMA ECP Modpack by AKM...

I agree with Shinbusan. I'm using a slightly (self)modified version of this config and am really pleased with it. Nothing too fancy but sweet looking resistance units and my favourite things is NO BIS silhouette style optics.