Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

EDF Pack V2.1

Nice to see some aircraft is being made! smile_o.gif

Any plan for a helicopter or a small cargo plane? For troops and supply?

Great work so far! notworthy.gifsmile_o.gif

How fast does this plane go? I can't imagine a PC-9 doing well against a MIG or a Strela.

huh.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Well it's more meant for shoothing helo's out of the sky and close air support wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Any plan for a helicopter or a small cargo plane? For troops and supply?

There will be a helicopter and cargo plane but they still have to be decided upon smile_o.gif

May I suggest any of of Martins chopers?Most of them would fit on some role for this army.

We have the Hugues 300C , Would do nicely as a recon vehicle.

His Bell 206 could be a good choice too, for multy perpous, transport or recon.

Another nis one could be his Bell 47 for the same reasons as the Huges 300, recon or minimal transport.

Most probably and with more of my votes could be his

UH1D. I think it would be the ideal air vehicle.

Other than that, there is lots of European used elicopters that would do nicelly.

The Puma and the Chinook would be to expensive and big for such an army, so would be the Merlin and the the CH 53, but a MI 8 could be resonable due to being a popular vehicle in the world, and maybe the Americans got their hands on a cuple to supplie to the EDF.

The Gazelle could be a nice choice too, is a medium sized choper that can be used for many many different roles.

I don't think a fixed wing vehicle would siut the EDF, not for transport. In an island like Everon a fixed wing transport vehicle in my opinion don't make much sense.

All that is just sugestions, I'll be happy with whatever you guys decide anyway.

Regards.

@CERO.

How about...

CH34

The UH1D is a good idea but I think the "never going to be released" Nogovan armed forces mod had the same thought.

A DC3 would be cool, but there is not many places in Everon to land this baby. What is it, just one airport. This meen that without suitable landing strips somewhere else in Everon this plane would be only suitable for out of the island transport, and the EDF don't look like an agresors kind of army that go somewhere outside its territory to do war. This is where its allies would step in, to hellp with things like that, that lets be fare, EDF can't afford to do.

Yes, it would be cool,, the same would be said for smaller airplanes, at list they can land in improvised air strips.

Regards.

@CERO.

EDIT: AAH, you bugger, you edited your post before I finished posting mine biggrin_o.gif Lol.

I agree with Cero on the Huey...everybody and their mom flies hueys in one variation or another these days...but I would go with CSJ version over martins though...the only gripe is the rotor sound is WAY off but I'm sure that can be edited another consideration would be the Hughes 500..I believe both the FDF guys and BOH guys made a really nice one..if you want and armed one...maybe the BAS MD500 ...

I edited it again. I think its a better one this time.

also just for another idea.

This

Although the CH34 is obviously more west and might suit the scheme better.

Yes the CH34, I didn't thought on that one, that would be interesting, almost like thinking in the MI 8.

Regards.

@CERO.

Well, i think transport plane is required.Don't know what type, but maybe Fokker F-27.?

hmm....maybe C-46 Commando.?

I would suggest the UH-1D too for transport.

But how about the Bo 105 PAH1 for the assault chopper?

You could ask the Bw Mod for their model smile_o.gif

And i think the Leopard series would fit good to everon wink_o.gif

Just my thoughts smile_o.gif

Given that its the Everon DEFENCE Forces wouldn't an attack chopper be a little out of place?

Given that its the Everon DEFENCE Forces wouldn't an attack chopper be a little out of place?

Yes, that is why I haven't sugested any and I was thinking more on multiperpous vehicles like the Gazelle.

For fixed wing, there was an addon somewhere that was reskined that looks like a Aviocar but much smaller.

I still find fixed wing transport unsuitable for this island and for the EDF, but if they give the EDF one I won't complain, tounge2.gif lol, I'll probably use it some how.

Regards.

@CERO.

@Cero, i was referring to the query re an assault chopper above

IMO using the UH-1D would be such a boring alternative... As a transport chopper I'd love to see the Westland Wessex, or as already suggested the CH-34, maybe even the Alouette III. Although it can only carry five troops.

@Cero, i was referring to the query re an assault chopper above

Yes I know, I was refering in general, not only you. lol.

@CERO

Quote[/b] ]And i think the Leopard series would fit good to everon

crazy_o.gif

Why not an M1A1 while your at it?

Everon wouldnt have German vehicles...too much money.

Or t-34, m24 (or m41), tanks, or armored cars like AML90 or EE11

T-34? Ain't that a BIT too ancient? Maybe something like, as mentioned, Centurions, M60's or possibly Chieftains or Leo 1's... and earlier versions of Leo 2's aren't hugely expensive, especially if NATO would give a little help...

Of course, Russian semi-modern tanks are a possibility...

About the old WWII stuff, Cyprus used the T-34/85 until 1987, Norway and Greek army used the M24 until the '80.

And many countries like Colombia used the M8 and M20 armored cars until '90s.

Or Israel, used the M3, halftrack till '80s (maybe '90s).

This armored vehicles (and tanks) are old (yes it's true), but are cheap for a small country.

Many small countries had only armored cars, not tanks, maybe aren't too useless (and sometimes expensive)

indeed the halftrack would fit the everon scene and it was used a long time be several country's and perhaps the M60 or t-60 that whould fit the idea

as for the airforce i wouldn't bother with a transport at first maybe later and then take the c-47 (cargo version) from the WWIIEC

mig 21 whould do as they dont cost much (a famous dutchman had bought one for in his garden it only costed him about half a million euro or so)

I'm read again the old EDF pack forum, and I look that I'm a pain in the neck, in this old treath, find the discussion about the armored forces, and I'm reading again about the EDF tank, the old but usefull AMX-13 (it's a very good choise), and UR-146...

And, only can said, that I will wait both vehicles.

Good work, and "animo chicos".

(and put some screens, please)

Well at least you bothered to look.

It'd be nice if everyone actually looked through the thread so we didnt have to hear about russian armour and leo 2's again.  tounge2.gif

The Serbs still use T34/85's and from what I hear, the Russians have piles of them hidden away in storage.

But I think Everon is more "older western" equipment.

I think the AMX is an awesome choice.