Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

EDF Pack V2.1

Sounds like you've been quite busy, thanks for the update Ironsight smile_o.gif

I finally worked out a pretty nasty bug with the UR-416 so now things should definately speed up. I hope to start a new topic soon in AM:D where more info and screenshots should become available regarding the next release.

I finally found some time to fix/upgrade the infantry. Llauma's 2.0 head model is being added, retextured hands etc.

I am also including some new units. Among them the EDF Special Police Task Force:

edfptf5on.jpg

A joint special unit of the Everon Defence Force and the Everon Police.

Top notch.Just one question-could we expect soon release(not asking for release date)? wink_o.gif

Top notch.Just one question-could we expect soon release(not asking for release date)? wink_o.gif

Have absolutely no idea. I hope to get a big part of the pack done next week. But I can't give a release date yet.

Looks very genuine, I would expect to see such a unit in Everon! Good job Ironsight, this last screen shows how promising the next version will be.

@Ironsight

So my private prognose for myself-a couple of weeks.Hope nothing will be an obstacle for you.Keep up working,mate!wink_o.gif

It's all gone quiet again.. Please don't say work has ceased?

Let him do what he wants...

I'm waiting for this addon too but buggering Ironsight wont make you have your addon faster. He'll report something if he judges it worth to report.

It's all gone quiet again.. Please don't say work has ceased?

Work is/was ceased for a while. School had to come first. Hope to pick up work again after the weekend. Like Sercleas said: I'll report something when I find it worth or time to report.

If you decide to do a progress update when you have some time...maybe a list of what you inted to put in the next release might tide people over?

I'm still enjoying my EDF troops so no rush from me.

Although some armour still would be a cool thing to have.  wink_o.gif

If you decide to update with what you have coming out when you have time...maybe a list of what you inted to put in the next release might tide people over?

Well I can do 2 things:

1. Release everything that is done right now in a buggy/half-done release and risk lots of criticism and complaining.

2. Release everything in a perfectly working pack but that will take a bit longer.

To give a small progress report:

Infantry 85%, just a matter of getting the final buggs out.

Weapons 30%, only a few weapons are done and coded, most of the weapons list is still TBD.

Vehicles: 70%, base models done needs interior and making variants.

Aircraft: 80%, pretty much good to go but want to do a bit more on them as they are now just retextures.

Ship: 30%, Several models ready, all need texturing.

I'd rather you go with number two, the wait will be well worth it. Thanks for the progress update

Me too, I really can't stand it when people release half finished stuff thats full of bugs and near unplayable

(what? Releasing the weapons pack was Maccallo's idea whistle.gif )

Nine lines was all it took for the world to sing with joy biggrin_o.gif

This will be well worth the wait!

Would it be possible in the final release to include an extra officer and SF guy that don't require Coc artillery. I just think it would be better for mission makers.

Not up to me obviously but just an opinion here.

The two things at 30% (weapons/ship) could also be put off unitl later.

Ships arent exactly effective anyway and theres tons of weapons that can be used as placeholders in the meantime.

I'm sure no one would complain.

But, you're the boss...just my 2 cents.

The same point of view as Canadian Terror.Well,I think infantry could be released and really,noone would complain.You know,previous version of your guys weren't buggy free at all,so I think just a simple model revisitings on my comp will be nice.

Also you can include some weapons you made.Aircrafts and others are not necessry yet.

Would it be possible in the final release to include an extra officer and SF guy that don't require Coc artillery. I just think it would be better for mission makers.

Not sure yet. When I released this pack I was pretty sure everyone already had COC UA artillery (just like everybody should have JAM3). This wasn't the case. But I will think you need it anyway for the next pack since it includes some pieces of artillery.

Quote[/b] ]The two things at 30% (weapons/ship) could also be put off unitl later.

The problem is that I can't release the infantry without the weapons. It seems that old missions with V2.1 cause some conflict with the new beta units because of their new weapons. I don't think there will be a solution for this anytime soon. And to avoid that more missions will be made without the weapons and thus getting a conflict, I am going to put the weapons in the next release.