Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

EDF Pack V2.1

These units are really, really nice, but I have one MAJOR gripe with them.

Please, PLEASE! I beg of you! Add them to the resistance side.

I am drooling over these units but I am so disappointed they are only on the west side. These guys seem like the woodland version of the desert OPFOR recently released, and the two go very nicely together.

place resistance soldier in editor and set its apperance probabylity to 0

place edf soldiers and group them with resistance soldier

you will have edf soldiers on resistance side

These units are really, really nice, but I have one MAJOR gripe with them.

I am drooling over these units but I am so disappointed they are only on the west side. These guys seem like the woodland version of the desert OPFOR recently released, and the two go very nicely together.

place resistance soldier in editor and set its apperance probabylity to 0

place edf soldiers and group them with resistance soldier

you will have edf soldiers on resistance side

As a note make the Res chap ranking as group leader.

Quote[/b] ]

Everon have been freed from Guba's presence by the USA and in the "secret" mission that occurs years after the 85 events (the one if you have the good ending in the CWC campaign), you can clearly notice US bases being always on Everon.

So according to BIS scenario, all of this is hinting that Everon is on USA/NATO side, so in term of OFP is on West side , and so can't logically be on the Resistance side (the "unaligned" side) or in the East side (Warsaw Pact).

But if you want to use them against West for some reasons, another trick is to finish the mission in the editor, and just before making it into PBO format, edit the mission.sqm and change the side = "WEST"; to side="GUER"; (or side="EAST"; ) for the EDF units and it will do the trick in your mission.

and when be release? How long wait?

Can't tell. At the moment I am concentrating on the Bushfires mod first and now and then I am working on EDF so I can't give you an exact date confused_o.gif

I know this may sound picky - especially to the various authors who I'm about to victimise - but is there a chance you could change the sniper's weapon from the current model? Almost every M21 and M14 i see is the same retexture of the BIS model and compared to the other weapons it looks a little.... 'dated' is the politest I can come up with.

DanAK47 made some excellent new models years ago that look much better - if he's still around to give permission they'd be a great bonus. If you haven't seen them search on OFP.info and you'll find them.

Why dont you search them out, open your config and change them yourself? It takes like 3 minutes and you can have whatever weapon you want in there.

I dont know why people have all these special requests when that is about the easiest thing in OFP to do.

whistle.gif

You need a tool to unPBO the EDF pack so you can open the config.cpp with notepad(dont use word/openoffice).

You can get one of those in the utilities section on OFP.info smile_o.gif

Thanks.

I know this is a little off topic, but can I do the same to say add JAM mags to a weapon that was made prior to their release?

No, i don't think you can mate. JAM mags are compatible with anything that accepts JAM mags, such as UKF weaponry.

Thanks.

I know this is a little off topic, but can I do the same to say add JAM mags to a weapon that was made prior to their release?

You'd have to change the given weapon config then.

Besides, SJB pack has some nice M14/21 which aren't just retextures of BIS model.

Yeah, SJB's M21 Camo or M14 DMR suits them quite well... just tested it about a week ago. And it turned out like this (errr... just click the "pic" crazy_o.gif ).

thumbnail.png

SJB M21 Camo (sjb_tos_m21_camo). I just replaced it in the mission editor, they use the same ammo so...

No news for almost month now. Any progress..? confused_o.gif

Sorry no update. Updating and adding stuff very slowly, got loads of other stuff to do besides OFP. Don't expect an update for quite while. I however do plan to release an update of the pack sometime soon, I hope. Just a matter of finding time...

Quote[/b] ]Don't expect an update for quite while
Quote[/b] ]I however do plan to release an update of the pack sometime soon

Are you running for President?

biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

LOL biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

There's a difference between planning an update and releasing one my dear Canadian friend wink_o.gif

(for addonmakers of EDF pack)

Time is not stay! Please, hurry up guys. You must reliase EDF soldiers soon as this possible, becouse time is running. Many gamers wait EDF pack for their campaigns... they needed this addon. Don't sleep! Don't lose your time! Just finish EDF soldiers and reliase them! I please you, do that for us.

Time is not stay! Please, hurry up guys. You must reliase EDF soldiers soon as this possible, becouse time is running. Many gamers wait EDF pack for their campaigns... they needed this addon. Don't sleep! Don't lose your time! Just finish EDF soldiers and reliase them! I please you, do that for us.

thrust me, Ironsight is working hard on his addons

he spends all his free time on addonsmaking

last time i saw him, he looked like this:

pcfreak.jpg

j/k wink_o.gif

it me whos laizy lately tounge2.gif

ChillinDog.jpg

thrust me, Ironsight is working hard on his addons

he spends all his free time on addonsmaking

last time i saw him, he looked like this:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/mivste/funstuff/pics/pcfreak.jpg

lol not really wink_o.gif

Just have lots of other stuff to do besides OFP.

At the moment I am concentrating on getting the UR-416 fully working but I walked into some issues which will take some time to fix. The UR is about 80% done so that will be included in the next update (whenever that may be released). Besides that I am working on some weapons and other vehicles. But like I said time is really something I don't have a lot of right now goodnight.gif