Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

LOBO IRAQ/IRAN MAPS & IRAR IRANIAN ADDON PACK

The Lost Brothers Mod Team and Bucketman & Co. are proud to present our joint release of our long awaited Southern Iran/Iraq map and Bucketman's updated Iranian troops.  In addition we are releasing a independent bonus Iraq map called 73 Easting.

Iran/Iraq map features:

1. Dense urban combat areas in the city of Basrah as well as in northern cities in Iran.

2. Working Airbase near Basrah.

3. Nice areas for open desert combat for tanks.

4. Beautiful high mountains (and lower foothills) in Iran with roads going through them giving very impressive views.

5. Thick woodland areas in Iran.

6. Secret Iranian nuclear facilities (easter-egg).

7. Marshes (dependent on time of day and month which effects tide level)

8. Wide range of environments ranging from desert to woodlands, all the way to snowy mountain tops.

9. Contains all essential addons required.

10.  Includes demo mission: Requires JAM3 addon and the IRAR Iranian addon pack.

73 Easting map features:

1. Low object count= better frame rates.

2. Good for simulating historic Gulf War I armored/mechanized warfare.

3. Self contained in its .rar pack.  It does not need any of the objects in the Iran/Iran map pack for it to work.

4. Includes demo mission: Requires JAM3 addon.

Bucketman's IRAR Iranian Addon pack features:

1. Updated Iranian infantry in tan and green textures and with HD and non-HD weapons.

2. Revolutionary Guard units in dot cammoflage and in woodland cammoflage along with HD and non-HD weapons.

3. Takavar Naval Commando units in authentic uniforms.

4. Weaponry including HK G-3, Tondar 9mm SMG (HK MP-5 clone with straight clip), MG-3 Medium Machine Gun, and Ak-47's.

5. EE-9 Cascavel Armored Car- 90mm Cockerill cannon, high speed, excellent recon vehicle.

6. Kilkill's F-4E Phantom fighter bomber (added to the pack with his consent) in both air-superiority and ground attack variants.

Screenshots below:

Iran/Iraq map:

LoBoIranIraqMap20.jpg

73 Easting:

LoBo73Easting2.jpg

LoBo73Easting3.jpg

LoBo73Easting4.jpg

LoBo73Easting6.jpg

LoBo73Easting7.jpg

Downloads Links below:

OFP.info FTP#1 Iran Iraq Map Pack Version 1.0 (146MB)

OFP.info FTP#2  Iran Iraq Map Pack Ver.1.0 (146 MB)

OFP.info FTP#1 73 Easting Map Pack (6.99mb)

OFP.info FTP#2  73 Easting Map Pack (6.99mb)

OFP.info FTP#1 IRAR Iranian Addon Pack Version 1.2 (13.6mb)

OFP.info FTP#2 IRAR Iranian Addon Pack Version 1.2 (13.6mb)

_

Thanks for the mirrors folks. If anyone else can mirror the sites, it would be much appreciated by us as well as I'm sure OFP.info who have so generously hosted these addons.  

Hopefully shortly OFPbase.com also will be hosting also soon.  

Mirrors:

YAY  NEW MIRRORS!  

Black Dogs Mirrors!!!

Iran/Iraq Map Pack Version 1.0(146 megs)

73 Easting Map Pack (7 Megs)

IRAR Iranian Addon Pack (13.6 megs)

On behalf of the Lost Brothers Mod Team:

Enjoy and happy Chanukkah, Christmas, Qwanza, Xmas, capitalist spending spree/guilt time, etc... and a Happy New Year to everyone in the OFP community.

May we one day only fight wars on OFP in this world.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

&

The Lost Brothers Mod Team

We also got KillerWatts Mirrors for the 73 Easting and IRAR pack here:

73 Easting Map pack

IRAR Iranian addon pack (13.6megs)

__

I had to put these on a seperate post cuz for some reason it won't let me post any more links on the above thread I guess cuz the whole thing was too long. lol.

Thanks Killerwatt!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

If any of you guys cant find the demo mission in the iran/iraq map it will probably be because you havent put the IranIraqMapDemo.S_iran_iraq.pbo into your missions folder. Just make sure you do that rather than in your addons folder and you will be good to go.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Interesting map...

I dont think the "Fuck Placebo" written in the sand in the NW corner in 550m high letters was at all necessary.

And just to let you know the Runway Texures are from the ACES Team not Leone.

<Edits- for the correction of letter size.>

Ooops....  My apologies to Placebo.  Calm Terror put that on the map not long after Placebo kicked him off of these forums and I totally forgot about that.  That will be removed in the next update to the map since its really a beta map.   Until then I hope Placebo takes it as a compliment.  smile_o.gif

As for the wrong credits, we'll fix that on the next update.  My apologies to ACES.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Quote[/b] ]Until then I hope Placebo takes it as a compliment.

I wouldnt. crazy_o.gif

Despite the fact I find it hilarious that it made it into the release, I wouldn't take it as a compliment either. how could he(Placebo)?

I have this message : Out of reserved memory (65536 kb)

Code change required (current limit 524288)

Total free 37035 kb

Free blocks 28,max free size 25601 kb

the mission not start, who help me ?? Thanks...

Now, maybe can improved with another armored vehicles, like the skorpion or the chieftan tank (if any addonmaker made one), and others.

I found an interesting web:

http://www.sarbazan.com/iigf.htm

P.d.: very cool pack, (I love your improved gulf war EE-9)

Now, maybe can improved with another armored vehicles, like the skorpion or the chieftan tank (if any addonmaker made one), and others.

I found an interesting web:

http://www.sarbazan.com/iigf.htm

P.d.: very cool pack, (I love your improved gulf war EE-9)

Scorpian, Scimitar.

And I think you mean Challenger 1 & 2.

Or Chieftain for Iraq?

Can someone help me out of this problem? I got white groundtextures on the iraq/iran map. I tried to solve this myself without luck. I tested it with original world folder, without mods, checked if every addons are properly installed. The other two maps working fine, so i have no idea what can be missing by the iraq/iran map. huh.gif

just tested 73 easting, awesome!

i love those sand walls!!! this map is not only for Gulf War 1, but for GW2 as well! In the 2nd GW, Abramses fired STAFF rounds to take out Iraqi tanks behind those sand walls...

thnx man!  notworthy.gif

this map i didn't expected in ofp, but now as it's a total surprice for me and nr1 in most wanted maps, i can announce these maps release are the best x-mas present for me!

what to fix:

please fix sand wall fire possitions for tanks... walls places for frying from tank are to high, i tryed T-55/72s, but no one could fire it's gun from sand wall, because tanks are too small for that sand wall... if you don't want to lower the height of the sand wall, you can make lower sand wall possitions for fireing...

of sandbags for tanks also are little bit to tall, only T-55 can fire from these possitions, T-72s are too small and they starts to jump when cannon is near the sandbag wall...

i'm really waiting for fixed tank fireing possitions...

P.S. you could unite those walls into one object, causing less cpu usage and lag in big battles...

Thanks everyone. Really Calm Terror deserves the bulk of the credit as he's the one who actually put the map together. But also tons of credit goes out to all the addon makers who helped make all of the great objects on the map and of coarse to Bucketman, the IMUC mod, and the OPGWC mod for their work on the Iranian addons.

It's only right for mods like LoBo, Bucketman and his friends, and the IMUC mod, to carry on the legacy of the OPGWC mod as they were so generous as to give what they had to the OFP community before they disbanded. Orson and Leone were both very helpful and kind to me. I hope that they and their other team members will be happy to see their hard work put to good use in OFP.

But now...on to the problems..

1. Kodansha, your problem sounds like you are not using a mod folder and simply have too many addons.

If you are using a mod folder, in the properties of the mod folder desktop icon make sure to include a -nomap in your target box.

For example on my LoBo mod folder I have this in my target box under my LoBo Mod desktop shortcut icon:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=Test2

Notice that -nomap part. That prevents alot of the "out of memory" errors experienced when you use too many addons.

2. Mr. Tea, As I tested all of the .rar'ed files in a seperate mod folder, the map definitely should not have missing textures. You have to make sure to unrar ALL of the files into either its own mod folder (and then link that to other mods if you wish) or to make sure that newer files overwrite any older files you have. It sounds to me that the texture files were not unRAR'ed properly. Oh...and DON'T mess with the worlds folder. Nothing goes into the worlds folder. All of it except the missions go into an addons directory. Either the Operation Flashpoint/Res/addons directory or a Mod folder/addons directory. The missions go into your Operation Flashpoint/missions directory.

As for improvements, Gedis, thanks a bunch for the feedback. I didn't notice any major problems with the firing positions being too low as I saw the AI tanks using the firing positions ok with only one or two rarely bouncing a little. Nevertheless I didn't test them out as thoroughly as I should have so I take your word that indeed there is a problem and we will definitely fix that problem by lowering the firing positions a little bit. We might also see if se can find those old drive up firing positions (or make one) for players to use. that way a commander can order his tank forward up onto the platform to to fire and then order his tank to reverse to hide behind cover while he reloads.

As for future tanks, yeah indeed on the list of Iranian tanks that we will be working with Bucketman on will be the M60A1, and Scorpion light tank, both of which we already have working in our own mod and just need to be converted and modified a bit to make them Iranian units. The same goes for the BMP, Mi-8/17, UH-1, and the AH-1 Cobra.

The scorpion light tank we already have working beautifully based upon the one by the OPGWC mod. It's a fun little tank, but the M60 will probably take priority as the Iranians need something heavy against US tanks and Iraqi tank addons. We just did the EE-9 cuz... well cuz I bugged Calm Terror like crazy simply because its my favorite armored car packing a massive punch in real life and having some of the best armor of any armored car (aside from the much more modern LAV/Stryker series).

Try it on roads. It really hauls ass and is great for getting away from enemy tanks or ATGM if they are far away and shooting at you. They also are great for AI raiding parties as they rapidly can assault an objective and do alot of dammage before getting destroyed or retreating.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Guest RKSL-Rock
i love those sand walls!!! this map is not only for Gulf War 1, but for GW2 as well! In the 2nd GW, Abramses fired STAFF rounds to take out Iraqi tanks behind those sand walls...

thnx man!  notworthy.gif ...

These are just the OPGWC models and configs made by the OPGWC team have you accutally added anything new? Or just reused old stuff?

what to fix:

please fix sand wall fire possitions for tanks... walls places for frying from tank are to high, i tryed T-55/72s, but no one could fire it's gun from sand wall, because tanks are too small for that sand wall... if you don't want to lower the height of the sand wall, you can make lower sand wall possitions for fireing...

of sandbags for tanks also are little bit to tall, only T-55 can fire from these possitions, T-72s are too small and they starts to jump when cannon is near the sandbag wall...

i'm really waiting for fixed tank fireing possitions......

When we (OPGWC Team) made them they were inteded for use with OPGWC vehicles which turned out to be a little larger (in some cases) than the BIS ones. go in an edit the map and just make them sit lower in the ground.

P.S. you could unite those walls into one object, causing less cpu usage and lag in big battles...

That isnt possible due to the geometry limits in O2. If you were to try and make it one model the tanks would just be able to drive right through them.

The big sand berms we didn't modify except to put infantry AI paths over the sand berms which sometimes they use and sometimes they don't use. The firing positions and sand bag bunkers I believe are unchanged although its possible some minor editing was done on them. The trenches however are from the ancient ones done by GFX-707 (who I forgot to credit...my apologies although I think he's long gone from the OFP community). Those are heavily edited and are designed to collapse when tanks roll over them, although infantry can run up over them. We will make sure to lower them a bit on the model. What we might do is to have different sizes in the editor. That way mission makers don't have to try to edit the map itself and select the appropriate fighting position for the particular tank model they are using. Currently the only Iraqi T-72's are based on the BIS model so we'll probably replace the ones on 73 Easting with smaller models (or just lower the fighting positions on the map as you suggest).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Currently the only Iraqi T-72's are based on the BIS model so we'll probably replace the ones on 73 Easting with smaller models (or just lower the fighting positions on the map as you suggest).

Sigma's aren't smile_o.gif

Nice work on the Iranians and the islands. I am still downloading but are there any missions included in the pack? smile_o.gif

thank you guys for explaining everything...

@OPGWC,

i really enjoy your OPGWC people work, i just wanted to inform you all about some strangies... (we all know you we pioneers, just like BAS)

i didn't know that you units were a bit bigger then nowaday addons...

i didn't want to sound i'm sad with these...

confused_o.gif

@Miles Teg,

thnx for hearing me...

P.S. thanks for everyone who took part in creating these cool maps! notworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Are all needed textures in the lobolandtex.pbo? If so i had all that is needed properly installed. I know that i don`t have to change the original files in the world folder to use this mod. But i changed them for another mod. Anyway, it dosent made any difference that i used the original files.

Ah ok. Yeah if all the stuff in the Iran/Iraq.rar files are in the same addon folder then it shouldn't do that unless somethng else wierd is going on.

I tested the map on many different resolutions also and never got a white map. I'll have to consult with Calm Terror to see what he thinks might be the problem.

The only other thing that I can think of is perhaps your computer is running low on memory and not loading the textures up properly. I used to have that problem with too many addons and the BIS maps (nogova, malden, etc...) would turn white. If you aren't using it already, you might try the "-no map" trick I mentioned above.

Also if you didn't already, try putting it into its own mod folder. With that said, the low memory problem can occur if you have tons of stuff in your Res/Addons folder which gets loaded up along with your mod folder by default.

Has anyone else had this problem with white textures on the Iran/Iraq map?

At any rate, I'll talk with Calm Terror about it to see if he has any more ideas.

Oh yeah, Ironsight... about the Iraqi T-72's, yeah I forgot Sigmas. Those are nice tanks. Then of course there's the RHS T-55 Iraqi tanks... not T-72's but they got that nice Engima tank.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I´m using -nomap since ages. What i didn`t installed are the AGS addons, baracken, MAP and RSKL because i already use this addons in the latest versions. And all this can`t produce white textures. huh.gif

all the textures files are in that one pbo lobolandtextures or something like that. and it is different then the old one that came with the Sinai..