Sign in to follow this  
Hasha

Questions about the Hind, this is NUTS!

This is nuts, i think the Hind cockpit glass is made of some sort of 22nd century diamond crap. I fired an entire 500 round of M2MG bullet at the cockpit but the pilot inside is still smiling at me. This is JUST GAY IMPOSSIBLE. I think even Bush's limo cannot stand that much bullets? What the hell is happening here?? Is the Hind REALLY THAT GREAT?

No, the ofp physics is just screwing you, shoot at something else (civilians for example, they die pretty easy at the barrel of a HMG)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, the ofp physics is just screwing you, shoot at something else (civilians for example, they die pretty easy at the barrel of a HMG)<span id='postcolor'>

WTF are you on about?

He's talking about the invincible glass on the hind cockpit.

I'm pretty sure that he's aware that a gun can kill ppl, or else why would he be using it to kill ppl with?

I wish you wouldn’t post the same topic on two different forums Hasharajima it is bloody anoying. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (amos m @ Jan. 20 2002,01:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, the ofp physics is just screwing you, shoot at something else (civilians for example, they die pretty easy at the barrel of a HMG)<span id='postcolor'>

WTF are you on about?

He's talking about the invincible glass on the hind cockpit.

I'm pretty sure that he's aware that a gun can kill ppl, or else why would he be using it to kill ppl with?<span id='postcolor'>

I know that, that was the point in my reply, the cockpit glass completely defies known laws of physics. In general, just some coding that hasn't been done yet (apparently only occupants of vehicles of the "cars" class (UAZ, Jeep, trucks, NOT tanks and APCs) can be shot in their vehicle).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dr Jekyll @ Jan. 20 2002,10:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(apparently only occupants of vehicles of the "cars" class (UAZ, Jeep, trucks, NOT tanks and APCs) can be shot in their vehicle).<span id='postcolor'>

I've killed commanders of tanks and APC's while they have been "turned out" wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (baddie @ Jan. 20 2002,07:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(apparently only occupants of vehicles of the "cars" class (UAZ, Jeep, trucks, NOT tanks and APCs) can be shot in their vehicle).<span id='postcolor'>

I've killed commanders of tanks and APC's while they have been "turned out" wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that's an excellent tactic. If possible, you should first deprive the tank/APC of the commander, and then the gunner.

It is quite do-able with a good rifle (the G36 comes to mind), and will drastically reduce the combat effectiveness of the vehicle.

Of course, if you miss making the required headshot, you now have one ticked-off tank or APC on your hands, and they will have a pretty good idea of where you are. And even if you don't get killed right away, the crew will stay buttoned up for a long time before you get another chance to take them out. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know that, that was the point in my reply, the cockpit glass completely defies known laws of physics. In general, just some coding that hasn't been done yet (apparently only occupants of vehicles of the "cars" class (UAZ, Jeep, trucks, NOT tanks and APCs) can be shot in their vehicle).<span id='postcolor'>

Well you didn't explain yourself very well.

You can shoot ppl in choppers, just not east choppers. (Funny. I thought that russia was part of europe, and therefore part of the western world. Even if you were talking about their position relative to america, I'd say you'd still have to call them west).

Why did you post this thread here and in OT?

I've deleted the one in OT smile.gif

the glass in the hind is RETARDED.. no glass can stop more tha a few rounds, much less 50 cal.. the glass will shatter with the first or second shot.. but the bullets wont come through.. then after that the rest of the rounds would probably get in..

Well...the Hind's cockpit glass was designed to withstand small-arms fire. Not just the thickness, but most of all the round shape of the glass will make most bullets just bounce off. I dont know to what caliber this glass will be able to do this...but I agree that maybe the M2 should be able to pierce it.

Ive fired a full m2 at a hind cockpit before (an empty one) and it did get destroyed, and it would have killed the occupants, but it wouldnt have taken them down by killing them.

... the Mi-24 Hind is the second fastest combat helicopter in the world (the first is the Lynx)

... one of then shoot down a F-4 Phanton in the Iraq vs Irăn war..

...and he is knowed as "Flying Tank" because his strong armor...

mi24_1.jpg

BTW in the Gulf War a Iraq Mig-25 Foxbat shoot down a F-18 Hornet, and a Indian Mig-23 Flogger shoot down a Pakistaniese F-16..

"... the Mi-24 Hind is the second fastest combat helicopter in the world (the first is the Lynx"

Bullshit...Don't know much about choppers but if we speak only about russian choppers KA-50/52 are both faster.

Don't know about mi-28 but it is newer and smaller/lighter so it would be very odd if it wouldn't be faster than the mi-24.

If it's newer and lighter it doesn't necessary means that it is faster

And Ka-50 is slower cause at the speeds of more than 300 Kph

its two propellers can destroy each other (amplitude too big)

The Cobra has sugar-glass on the cockpit.

I once shot down a Cobra with a single M16 bullet. No need to say I hit the pilot right in the forehead.

The gunner was so surprised he forgot to bail out, lol.

The Hind cockpit in real life will not reliably stop .308, or 7.62x54R. It will definitely stop 5.56x45 and 5.45x39, as well as 7.62x39. To suggest it has any chance of stopping .50 BMG is absurd. Even a manhole cover won't stop that stuff. The M2 is way underpowered in the game. Most people don't realize that a full .50 BMG round is over 5 inches long with a base that is about an inch in diameter. It's as big as a dinner candlestick, whereas the 5.56x45 is about as big as one of those birthday candles you stick on a cupcake.

In real life Hind cockpit glass can stop couple of 22 mm rounds easily

not talking about .5

Can DEFLECT 22mm rounds maybe, stop them? Not a chance. It would have to be made of 1 foot thick Lexan to even have a chance of doing that. I think you fail to appreciate how powerful a 22mm round is. .50 BMG SLAP rounds can penetrate over 10 inches of solid mild steel, and around 4-5 inches of armor grade steel. 22MM is a LOT bigger than .50 BMG (12.7mm)

Armored cockpits and titanium rotor head able to withstand 20-mm cannon hits. Every aircraft has an overpressurization system for operation in a NBC environment.

Source - www.fas.org

If you lined loads of people up and fired one 7.62 bullet at the person in the front, the bullet would go through over 12 people before stopping.

I hope that might make it a bit clearer

Those are people not armoured glass

I can cut through 12 people with my pocket knife (not that I ever done that)

A cockpit that can take that large a round is not the same as a window that can.... The cockpit of the A-10 can take incredible hits but the canopy cannot.

As for 7.62x51... yeah, it could do that, but it depends on how many bones it hits probably. Most people don't appreciate how much penetration these rounds are capable of.

from what i heard of, the glass can stand up to 23mm rounds, but i think you shoot a couple of rounds to the same area, the glass's gonna give way