Sign in to follow this  
waycool

Will AA model the feel and fidelity of armour

Hi All

OFP had the infantry experience down but armour just did not "feel" right to me. The AFV and tanks would float and slide around they felt almost improperly weighted when compared to tank sims like Panzer Elite and Steel Beasts.

What I would love is for AA to capture the "feel" of the vehicles accurately. The imporvements sound super and AA is on my must have list. With the BI and OFP community it is sure to have longevity and variety and I cannot wait till we se 64 player MP matches.

Watch the OFP elite videos that are floating around on the forums my friend. You will noticed how heavy the armoured vehicles look now. smile_o.gif

I hope they fix the tank command system as well. I always find it a pain trying to get my tank to move in the right direction. I tell it to turn left slightly and the driver does so, only to turn back again... mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I hope they fix the tank command system as well. I always find it a pain trying to get my tank to move in the right direction. I tell it to turn left slightly and the driver does so, only to turn back again...

You can give your driver the ultimate correct direction by pressing shift while directing him.

I don't know how armour is supposed to "feel", but even after playing this game for four years I still pee myself every time I see a BMP and don't have a LAW or RPG. And that sound...that sound...

I don't know how armour is supposed to "feel", but even after playing this game for four years I still pee myself every time I see a BMP and don't have a LAW or RPG. And that sound...that sound...

*sqeek, squeek* oh shit! *silence* .....where it go! *BANG!* "One deaths a tradegy - a millions a satistic"

tounge2.gif

Reminds me of a missions that I did in the campaign. I positioned my group in some bushes around a village, then suddenly one of those BMP's approached us from behind. I froze at the sound and knew I was dead if I dared to stick my head out of the bush. The thing came up on my left. Slowly.. sqeek, sqeek. Then, a horrible scream.. one of my team mates were run over by the BMP and faced a gruesome death.

It was one of the times when I for a moment forgot it was a game wow_o.gif