Sign in to follow this  
esti_the_big

Dynamic Destruction in AA?

I hope we'll get word by some dev to actually clear up the situation if Dynamic Destruction will be included in AA. We got 2 Mags, and afaik one of them says that there WILL be dynamic destruction in AA while the other doesn't say a word about it confused_o.gif

I hope we'll get word by some dev to actually clear up the situation if Dynamic Destruction will be included in AA. We got 2 Mags, and afaik one of them says that there WILL be dynamic destruction in AA while the other doesn't say a word about it confused_o.gif

Did one actually say that? I have absolutly no idea what they say... It is always possible that the magazine got things mixed up with ArmA and Game2. confused_o.gif

maybe certain objects like bridges have it but not all.

Dynamic destruction will be in Game2, but I think that they cant apply to ArmA, because campaign in ArmA will not dynamic and DD system is disturber in linear campaign. I look forward on Game2 - beautiful nonlinear campaign as soldier alias sheep on battlefield tounge2.gif

In that pic of the destroyed bridge, the two broken.. uh.. legs that are the same length also look like they have the same geometry on top. It looks like they are the same model.

In that pic of the destroyed bridge, the two broken.. uh.. legs that are the same length also look like they have the same geometry on top.  It looks like they are the same model.

From that angle its really hard to tell... none of them look exactlly the same high actually. And its also very hard to tell if the top of them is the same in that picture.

They could have them stuck in the ground different depths. I was just saying that the tops are very similar. There's rubble on the bottom. This could mean that they are formed of similar 'atoms' or that this bridge starts the game broken.

I'm a 3d artist and I have an eye for these things. I'm not saying that my word is law or that I couldn't be wrong or anything, but I feel strongly that those two legs are the same model of something... whether it be composed of atoms or just models of broken trusses.

Dynamic destruction will be in Game2, but I think that they cant apply to ArmA, because campaign in ArmA will not dynamic and DD system is disturber in linear campaign. I look forward on Game2 - beautiful nonlinear campaign as soldier alias sheep on battlefield tounge2.gif

Good thought there, can make sense biggrin_o.gif

Though I don't see a reason why BIS should avoid implenting it AA as well, because the tiny break with immersion that might occur through destructed buildings (If bis doesn't find a way to keep buildings destroyed throughout a normal campaign, afaik its not impossible to achieve that) would be nothing compared to the benefits of atmosphere, interaction and realism DDS would bring.

That bridge btw... just looking at that pic I get the feeling its not really blown up with DDS, but just maybe a pre-animated destruction thing like the gas stations in ofp:E. The pillars have got different hight, but the parts with the broken edges look kinda the same on all 4 pillars. though still hard to judge from that tiny pic.

I do hope I'm wrong confused_o.gif . Or at least theres dds for normal buildings...

Sheesh!!..why wait for Arma to implement DDS? You can easily have it in ofp1 engine.... crazy_o.gif

Wasn't that "pre-modelled" dstruction released as an OFP addon? Like the destroyed parts of a house being replaced by new, destroyed-looking models?

Dynamic Destruction would mean that the destroyed parts would also look more or less excatly accoring to the physical interaction that happend. If you shoot 2 times at the same part of the building, the chances are big that the 2 holes would look slightly different because of minor differences in shooting angle or stuff like that....

large holes, bullet holes, rpg holes, shell holes or nuke holes, collapsing buildings, shattering buildings, puffs of smoke or star wars racing circular bomb wave effects, each and every weapon's default damage type..its only a matter of coding on the hit or killed eventhandler. Anyone can implement it in ofp1, IF they want to..not because they cant.

In truth, anything that is desired can be made true with ofp1 engine, anything,,even ragdoll effects for it is nothing that a setvelocity script or animation cant handle.We have only managed to scrape the surface of engine1, still miles to dig deep...

But in reality...it is a lotta of work, believe me....is it worth it? This is the only true question that Arma and addonmakers are asking themselves now.

Might be true... But its still far better to have it actually coded in the engine than having to script additionally to ofp...

A matter of semantics....for what is a script and what is a code? what is hard coded and what is not? In the config lies the white paper to create anything one desires....The engine is not made of nuts and bolts and need petrol to run.....the key to the engine is nothing more than a bunch of C++ codes anyway. Open yer mind and the pathway to 3d virtual heaven is in yer hands..... rofl.gif