Sign in to follow this  
Eda Mrcoch

Armed Assault trailer

The blown up tank was probably the t72, why was he aiming at it with law then? smile_o.gif

That wasn`t serious, you`re right Batdog.

Even though It`s been blown by another tank, we do not know if the armour values had been changed.

(and that`s why I inserted "?" at the end of my controversial statement)

dont know if anyone picked this out from the video, but i noticed it right off the bat.

im talking about the radio voices, they sound great like they are really comming from a radio.

i could sort of make out what they were saying, but i could clearly hear at the end "5 Return to formation".

it sounds so much better then the lame radio voices from OFP:R.

cant wait to see the demo.. maybe we'll get a nice XMas preasent from BIS.  rofl.gif  one can hope xmas_o.gif

I've got a problem, I downloaded the AC3 filter, and installed it, but it wont play back the hi res video. I keep loading Windows Media Player 10 and it keeps trying to connect to download the codec but it gives me an error. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

HELP!

Thanks!

Hauk

I've got a problem, I downloaded the AC3 filter, and installed it, but it wont play back the hi res video. I keep loading Windows Media Player 10 and it keeps trying to connect to download the codec but it gives me an error. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

HELP!

Thanks!

Hauk

Are you trying the one from here? I had a bit of trouble with the first ones but this works great smile_o.gif .

HELP!

Thanks!

Hauk

Are you trying the one from here? I had a bit of trouble with the first ones but this works great smile_o.gif .

no, i was getting it from one of the links on the main page. I'll give the one on arma.dk a shot.

Thanks man

Hauk

the one on arma.dk should work right out of the box using windows media player. Well, thats what my converting tool said smile_o.gif

It does, thanks mo0o smile_o.gif .

I didnt read the hole topic.. wink_o.gif

First of all, I love the movie! The Trees and Landscape is nice.

Woods and grassland... I like it more then desert icon_rolleyes.gif

Too much desert in my opinion... But its ok..

I just missed Winterareas, will that be included? Any Info?

The shadows over the Hills r also nice.. Except the Trees which doesnt give a shit about it.. they still look bright.. Any Info about that?

ty

guggs

I just noticed that those new pictures shows wayy much better explosions and animations than in the trailer, so this trailer must be old

They're the same I think, but look at this picture, the bottom left explosion for example, compare it to the explosion what we see when the guy shoots with LAW that tank or the last explosion in the trailer.

They're the same I think, but look at this picture, the bottom left explosion for example, compare it to the explosion what we see when the guy shoots with LAW that tank or the last explosion in the trailer.

About that pic...

Trees on the shady hillside aren`t darker than other ones, moreover, trees just don`t fit to the ground textures, they seem just false...

wow...

finally on DSL(don't laugh, in the middle of nowhere)so just getting TIME to download those movies without losing connection because the old 56K would crash out after halfway....

wow, I cannot wait for this game, so many months/years ago I mentioned in here just buying a better PC for the upcoming then OFP2. Now having that PC, and DSL, and ArmA coming out this year

happydancehappydancehappydance

har har har.

funny how the video is only 1:53 min long and the screen blacks out at 1:50min.

nice try

Sorry my bad I mean't at 1:22. (I looked at the total time in oppose to the time it was at.)

At the 1:22 mark you can see a downed blackhawk rotor on the right hand side of the screen.

that video wasnt long enough to really to get a feel for the game - hopefully after the shedload of images that were released we'll finally get good ingame video smile_o.gif

The thing is, we don`t need a trailer in the classic sense...you know...take the doom3 as an example. I remember watching those extremely nice looking and stunning trailers and complaining later that those movies looked better than the actual gameplay (i somehow missed those two imps breaking into the room, I was turned in opposite dirrection probably smile_o.gif.

It`s hard to make a trailer based on ofp showing it`s features or looking as attractive (in the case of graphics) like anything else on the market...look at those from elite, then compare it to anything you want...

Ofp is more `technical` thing, what I mean is we need something more like HL2 first trailers showing the physics or AI rather than plot...

So there`s no need to focus on a smart trailer, because what community needs are some short presentations revealing things we want to know the most, and they can be relased before the `official` trailer.

@FunnyGuy1

I agree.  

We, the old-school Flashpoint Community, would like to see something showingArmed Assaults technical side demonstrating it's "new improved engine".

(EDIT:I must admit, I haven't seen the video yet as i can't get it to run...so forgive me if I'm talking rubbish.  I'm just going by what 'FunnyGuy1' said..)

However, to pull in a new crowd BIA will need to show off the story and plot of ArmedAssault.  These new players will then learn about the 'behind the scenes' elements as we have done with OFP.  

It's nice to see that BIA have payed consideration to existing addons and ongoing project by making them compatable with the new programme (even though they need a little tweeking).

Having said that,  please can we get our hot little hands on playable demo soon?  On the front of a Magazine....?   whistle.gif

the technical side can be shown easily with the gameplay side

have the camera swoop up from the sea and the waves into the sky where the seagulls are weaving and then pan around to take in the massive level beneath when a helicopter roars by firing rockets and bullets and then drop into the action where infantry display their AI and vehicles appear. Explosions demonstrate dynamic lighting and particle effects and ragdoll physics, close ups on props, vehicles etc. demonstrate texture detail

airborne vehicles respond correctly to physics

i'm excited by all that musing already biggrin_o.gif

right, but have you seen something like that yet?

afaik there`s only this movie from score magazine preview byt well...It`s not exactly what we want imho...