Sign in to follow this  
Eda Mrcoch

Armed Assault trailer

It is quite nice to finally have more visibility and better lighting. But I see the FPS are still low and choppy during action. mad_o.gif Hope to see some major improvement in that department.

How could you tell the fps are low, its a movie of wip work afterall confused_o.gif .

I stand corrected! Looking at it now (in sober condition - well allmost), theres quite a few things that looks awesome.

lets hope the dynamic buildings stuff will be in ArmA, the bridge looks awesome. It also looks cool when that tank explodes with those burning schrapnels...

Do you guys think that the blackhawks tail-rotor failure is scripted or hardcoded?

Looking great! Luckily BIS has 6 months to add new features and finish ArmA. Any chance for multiple gunner positions? The game will be fantastic. Hopefully they'll release the game the same day as original OFP was released. It would be pretty nice, 5 years since last full game. wink_o.gif

Ofcourse BIS should release a demo before the game like they did with OFP.

Doubt the dynamic buildings will be in AA,if not I'm sure we'll hear some bitching....still nobody but the producers can say for sure what is and is not in the game,to be honest if its just OFP:E on PC then thats good enough for me.

Doubt the dynamic buildings will be in AA,if not I'm sure we'll hear some bitching....still nobody but the producers can say for sure what is and is not in the game,to be honest if its just OFP:E on PC then thats good enough for me.

From what we can see its more than that thumbs-up.gif .

OFP was released June 2001 here in europe and September 2001 in the US.

Yea, I hope they will make a demo for us to play with biggrin_o.gif

I do think that there will be SOME dynamic buildings included in arma! Just like the fuelstation in OFP:E. And that bridge surely looks like it has destructable parts.

maybe it has the dumbed down vbs1 version that bridge where u shoot it a bit blast of smoke so u cant see the building and when the smoke clears u see it all broken to "simulate" as if its fallen or broken icon_rolleyes.gif

OK calm down now all U chaps! Remember Eda Mcroch said the video was quite old already! In which case things have moved on since then! tounge2.gif

Just one thing though ARMA.DK - whats that 2007 release date on your website all about?  huh.gif

Anyway a big thanks to Eda Mcroch and his secret mesanger for this sneaky news!  xmas_o.gif

About the waves not appearing in the water: On a screnshot (scanned from the magazine) I can also see the waves at the sea stopping suddenly (at about 300 meters). so I think it has got to do with drawdistance.

Btw, anybody noticed something "different" from the way the corpses fall when the tank explodes? (video) . they're thesame, yet a bit more.. I don't know, shaky?

maybe it's the animations redone, maybe it's hardcoded that the "death" animations make some small random movements smile_o.gif . No ragdoll though.

OK calm down now all U chaps! Remember Eda Mcroch said the video was quite old already! In which case things have moved on since then! tounge2.gif

Just one thing though ARMA.DK - whats that 2007 release date on your website all about? huh.gif

Anyway a big thanks to Eda Mcroch and his secret mesanger for this sneaky news! xmas_o.gif

It was game2 which is due release 2007. I have changed it prevent any misunderstanding.

Im converting the hi-q video to mpeg2 layer now, to prevent the "chobbyness". It will be online soon!

Im converting the hi-q video to mpeg2 layer now, to prevent the "chobbyness". It will be online soon!

BIS could just send you a whole new 10 minut gameplay video and save you the trouble biggrin_o.gif .

Very nice! I'm in love with it, but to be honest I can't be happy with details only, if this version still has the bugs from OFP1 then I won't buy it, because for me eye candy doesn't wins from playability.

And about the bridge/dynamic buildings, maybe it's there.

Any one saw the scanned picture from that magazine on OFP.info?

You can see the same bridge destroyed wink_o.gif.

Link to picture

Just take a look at that.

Very nice! I'm in love with it, but to be honest I can't be happy with details only, if this version still has the bugs from OFP1 then I won't buy it, because for me eye candy doesn't wins from playability.

Link to picture

We have seen fake simulation of this before, smartly covered by a big volume of smoke wink_o.gif , i will believe it the moment i see the bridge being blown up and pieces of it falling to the ground. Anyway its not even that high on my list, i will be happy to properly interact with the environment and buildings alot more, same for a.i. smile_o.gif .

Link to picture

We have a filtered version of that image (check the newspost about the images, "New ArmA Screens and info")

http://www.arma.dk

Looks ace! Although I'm not too keen on the enviroment. It looks way too mixed in my opinion, what with both deserts and pineforests. Wouldv'e much preferred a no-desert aproach. But hey, it looks nice biggrin_o.gif

Nice.. I don't care theres no super-huge graphics improvements (My graphics card would hate them tounge2.gif), but it seems far more efficant engine, and it looks.. huge..

As for no rag-doll, good.. I don't think it's ever been done properly in any games so far, it always looks wrong.. Only bad point is.. Think of the ammount of fun a game as flexible as OFP was, with rag-doll.. sad_o.gif

whistle.gif

Anyway, the trailery thing cheered me up *Can't wait* biggrin_o.gif

And if anyone has any problems playing the trailer (Or any other video/audio clip), as Gandalf said, use MPlayer and drag the file to the mplayer.exe file.. The only video files I've seen that it wont play are DRMed ones, and even still it neearly plays them.. And for a slightly better UI, use this

- Ben

Looking good and love some of the stuff i saw.

and the draw distance is insane.

Trailers are always made on the best pc available, and never on the most limited. Limited trailers don't impress (and therefore sell) very well.

and the draw distance is insane.

Trailers are always made on the best pc available, and never on the most limited. Limited trailers don't impress (and therefore sell) very well.

I don't think that BIS is following this policy... smile_o.gif

Well, first of all it`s a bit short imo, isnt`t it? There`s not muchshown in it...

Shooting at tanks with law just as in old ofp, old armour values?

If it's old as they say, well that might not be a problem.

Anyway better something than nothing...

@ The bridges destruction:

Even if it is not dynamic, I think we can all agree it looks a hell of a lot better than the OFP destroyed models (ie: crumpled up paper), so stop bitching. wink_o.gif

Well, first of all it`s a bit short imo, isnt`t it? There`s not muchshown in it...

Shooting at tanks with law just as in old ofp, old armour values?

If it's old as they say, well that might not be a problem.

Anyway better something than nothing...

God, some people aren't happy with anything are they? wink_o.gif This is the first video we've seen, and to be quite honest, I think most of the hard-core fans are exstatic about it... biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif