Sign in to follow this  
Eda Mrcoch

Armed Assault trailer

Nero Showtime 2 can play the vob file with sound. No need to convert it into another format.

instruction - vob to mpeg

rename VOB to MPEG = trailer.mpeg movie rofl.gif

Yeah, but the VOB got different audio codec, not MPEG, it's AC3 or something.

Alot of new buildings and umbrellas, hehe, tailrotor failure on choppers (Black Hawk Down here we come! )

Just amazing! biggrin_o.gif

I had doubt that this was suppose to be a whole new game when BIS said that, but they have really pulled it off.

it's AC3 or something.

Correct.

Everyone that doesn't have good codecs should be ashamed of himself tounge2.gif

Oh and thanks for the trailer, whoever you are notworthy.gif

Weird PR, showing a bunch of journalists, that are mostly only interested in graphics, a presentation including a trailer what the game actually looks like months ahead of the people who are actually supposed to buy it goodnight.gif

No sound on Lo and I can't play Hi in .mpeg either, I need a converter confused_o.gif

No sound on Lo might be my fault, I encoded it in haste (on supercrappy 566 Celeron) - but it works perfectly in Media Player Classic (not in standard Win MP, probly it retained its VOB sound codec). It is however made from the original hi file, so if someone could reencode it from original rip to more suitable format, it would be nice. I'm tired. goodnight.gif

P.S. And no one gave The Man his Smile... Sinners! mad_o.gif

instruction - vob to mpeg

rename VOB to MPEG = trailer.mpeg movie rofl.gif

Whaaatt?? I even tried that.

my Windows Media Player 10 can play rename file, but I have perhaps AC3 codec in my computer xmas_o.gif

like evrything else i stuck it in video lan and watched and listened. looks like a good version of VBS nice waves tho. bring it on

I got a Hi-res .avi in case anyone wants it  smile_o.gif

Could you upload this please? I dont want to download any new media players or converters, and I cant figure out what codec I need to download to play it in WMP.

I got a Hi-res .avi in case anyone wants it  smile_o.gif

Could you upload this please? I dont want to download any new media players or converters, and I cant figure out what codec I need to download to play it in WMP.

Working on it, hang on smile_o.gif

They have made umbrellas, new brigde, new buildings and tailrotor fire/failure like in Black Hawk Down wink_o.gif

Was this off a TV Program or is it BIS's new marketing startergy. They should use my slogan for arma in my sig tounge2.gif

I noticed that it looks sooooooooo much better than OFP, and the draw distance is insane. Also the new islands look amazing. I dunno what you're talking about... huh.gif

you could just play the hi res one in real player, does the job wink_o.gif

Was this off a TV Program or is it BIS's new marketing startergy. They should use my slogan for arma in my sig  tounge2.gif

you mean this?

Quote[/b] ]How to turn your hampster into a fighting machine

tounge2.gifrofl.gif

thanks for the video!

big thanks to Eda Mrcoch and the unknown Czech volunteer notworthy.gif

This overland-bridge made me smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

And I still got the feeling, that the size of the cells was reduced...

Hi and low res .avi files hosted at arma.dk

Click here

Anyway... do you guys see any improvements from OFP in this video? I dont... There isnt any?? Am I blind or something?

Tis you,your blind.

I can see quite a few things,though it maye be a bit difficult to notice they have the new lighting system in,if you look closely you can see the OFP:E water and terrain bump mapping as well at the scene with the long bridge. The enviroments appear to have the more OFP:E feel,in other words,they are more 'alive',the bump mapping is also obvious at the scene with the blackhawk,the ground texture also appear more high res and different ground textures blend well together. If your looking for the lighting effect then watch near the end,where the camera is scrolling past the 'desert' area,look at the wall and the houses and you should see it..now this doesn't mean that will always be there,no doubt the conditions of the weather will effect it,for instance in rainy weather you will probably see no light effect..I wonder if they kept that and if so if the rain is heavier or if they have two forms of it..guess we'll find out.

The finger models definatly look much more like fingers,get the best OFP hands I ever seen to be honest.

The differences may be subtle,but once you look at them ingame,you can definatly see the difference wink_o.gif

But heres another thing,with the collision fix,it would be possible to make buildings in OFP that you can actually have indoor combat without the trouble or worry of going through walls or a floor.

They have made umbrellas, new brigde, new buildings and tailrotor fire/failure like in Black Hawk Down wink_o.gif

damn, not again rofl.gif

I like it smile_o.gif . The terrain, vegetation and buildings look great, from the little we can see of gameplay it seems unchanged so far, chat interface, rpg shooting, movement, tank sights, etc.

The locations presented look diferent because some parts look like pine tree forests and other areas sugest a more tropical theme? Its unfortunate not to see a turret mount manable machinegun on top of the M1 but we cant have it all i guess..

Overall i think the movie itself could be better but what i can see about the game looks great. The ground textures look great, the terrain elevation and layout are great, BIS is great  notworthy.gif .

Im very happy to see wip footage and screens of Aras, it eases the long wait, thanks to all of you involved xmas_o.gif .

*...off to see the movie 20 more times...*

edit: For some reason the high res avi doesnt look high res, just smaller and it stutters confused_o.gif , the low res avi looks better here, i can live without the sound smile_o.gif .

Im wondering now what are the chances of a blackhawk tailrotor to catch on fire.

It is quite nice to finally have more visibility and better lighting. But I see the FPS are still low and choppy during action. mad_o.gif Hope to see some major improvement in that department.